Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by TullyBascombe »

If the concert hall is going to nearly empty then I feel bad for the kids. I don't suppose anyone could put life-sized cardboard figures in the seats which were purchased but now won't be filled? Mine is H5.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:51 am">2 years ago</span> If the concert hall is going to nearly empty then I feel bad for the kids. I don't suppose anyone could put life-sized cardboard figures in the seats which were purchased but now won't be filled? Mine is H5.
They will understand. Take heart that you did some good just by purchasing a ticket.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yes, just booking the ticket is already helping Libera, though no pressure if you cannot afford to loose the money, SJSS will offer a voucher (hopefully Libera will be singing their Christmas concert at SJSS for many years to come ?).
The idea of the hall being empty is one of the reasons I decided to go even if the circumstances are not ideal. Of course it's not the only one and not sufficient by itself to take the risks. But I guess it does matter to show our support, even if just by sending messages on social platforms like Twitter of Facebook, Youtube... The boys deserve it. I guess they are planning a wonderful concert. Remember that their families will be there, though, and that is already meaningful to them. :)
They are smart kids, they know it is difficult times... and they have not had the opportunity to sing a concert for a year, so I guess they will enjoy it whatever happens. I myself sang a 4 songs long mini-concert in a pub last week, it was the worst concert ever and we sang as bad as we could :lol: but I still felt happy because we DID a concert :lol:

I am making the trip on Saturday, will be taking a test and isolating (I changed my booking, I was supposed to share a dormitory but I would not isolate with 7 strangers while waiting for my PCR results, so I booked a private room). I should get the results a few hours before the first concert starts. France is not very careful, and so only the UK rules make difficulty for me, so I decided to go and enjoy the precious concerts I was so eager to attend :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:17 pm">2 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:45 pm">2 years ago</span> I still have a spare ticket, if someone's interested:

8:00 pm concert
Seat G15

Libera SJSS 211205 20 G15.JPG
I’m VERY interested if you still have the ticket.
After several attempts to contact you and not hearing back, I presume that there's not the said interest; so I'll proceed otherwise.

Oh well, I was looking forward to coming so much and all seemed to fall into place, until last week the situation changed. It made me fight the hardest fight with myself and even after my decision not to go, I was still thinking if there really is no reasonable way to make it possible. But there are several causes standing against it, one of them being a lot of stress around concerts, exactly Libera concerts, which should be enjoyed with relax. And so, with the heaviest of all hearts, I have withdrawn from coming.

To all of you who are so lucky to go: I wish you some most wonderful Libera concerts! Please see and listen also for us who can't attend in person. Certainly your applause will be strong enough to include us all.

To Libera: Enjoy yourselves on stage! I know you will make all of us happy, either live on Sunday or later via the streaming (or both :wink: ).

:) :cry: :) :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Announcement from St John's Smith Square on twitter:

[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I might be out of line, but those of you who will be attending the concert might consider staging an audience based tribute for Robert. Something like the audience raising lighters/ penlights/ cellphone lights in the darkened theater. I could imagine the audience reciting the words to "Once An Angel". If you think it appropriate. They do that sort of thing for rock stars, why not Robert?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:19 am">2 years ago</span> I might be out of line, but those of you who will be attending the concert might consider staging an audience based tribute for Robert. Something like the audience raising lighters/ penlights/ cellphone lights in the darkened theater. I could imagine the audience reciting the words to "Once An Angel". If you think it appropriate. They do that sort of thing for rock stars, why not Robert?
I don't think that would be appropriate, unless it was first discussed with the Libera staff and they allow it. I'm sure they will pay tribute to him in some way during the concert.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

A recent update for the concert🙂.

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

I'm a bit sad now to see this, knowing I will not be around :? Next time, right !?

To everyone who is lucky enough to attend: I wish you a wonderful, magical time!! :!: :D
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:53 pm">2 years ago</span> And another🙂.

It looks like we could hear Once an Angel sung live :D. But I can't figure it out wich song they are singing in the other photo. Luca is probably the soloist. Can't wait for the spoiles :lol:
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very happy for those who were able to attend. :D Please let us know how it went!
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Superb concert, several new soloists… I am sure someone will post a proper review. Daniel W, Luca, Victor, Daniel C, Dominik (I may have missed some) still hitting the high notes!

Place looked pretty full to me as well. Will see how the 8pm one looks in 90 minutes.
NateSD

Post by NateSD »

I know I'm a little late, but I hope everyone had a great concert! I'm glad to hear they had a decent sized audience, at least for the first performance.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm glad everyone had a good time. How did the 8 PM concert go? Was it as well attended as the 5 PM? Has there been any further word about streaming the concert?