The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by maartendas »

I plan to tune in tomorrow morning as well - it'll be 10 am my time. I'm "maartendas" also on Twitter.
I hope it airs within the hour because I'll be busy with other things after that ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:But its not a coop if you cant buy said album.
People will be able to buy it when they watch the boys on QVC tomorrow. They will have a product placing with an order number. QVC (although I never watch it) has massive selling power, they buy huge amounts of stock and sell at reduced pricing. They've turned over annual profits since 1998.

Yes, I hope they sing 'Joy to the World' too, it's an uplifting number.
This is quite a promotion in UK.
Somehow I am under impression that this doesn't happen there that often. Althought S&P appearances also do the thing.
But QVC serves a different audience.
fan_de_LoK wrote:Polyeast Records posted on their FB page that Libera The Christmas Album is still #1 over-all selling at Astroplus, for the second week :)
Good to know. I hope this will last for a while. Thanks to the new video as well :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

As Jimmy said, probably QVC will sell CDs with an earlier release date than from other shops in the UK.

My order from Amazon US is already dispatched, too bad because I just see on the QVC UK faq page that their are also delivering to some European countries, including France :)
(Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Eire, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Yorkie wrote:
Szepilona wrote:I am considering waking up at 4:45 :shock: to watch it, but I'm also a high school student who wants to sleep in :lol:
Sleeping is for wimps. Every self respecting teenager should be just getting in at that time on Saturday morning :wink:
:lol: I'll try to remember that as I struggle to keep my eyes open :D By the way, is Libera supposed to be on at exactly 9? Or should I start watching earlier? (The real question is are the English typically early or late? :lol: )
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

dani wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Amazing, above artists like Coldplay 1st week sales! and Black Eyed Peas. Sadly that will never happen on western soil. You can see now why Libera just had to tour the Pines with sales like this.
Yep and also the way they get treated must make it a great trip each time. Going to Japan/Philippines should be an annul yearly trip with the money that they must recoup by going to the far east.
I don't really follow news of other artists other than Libera, but it's been said somewhere that most artists earn more money in touring than in album sales. I don't know how much they earn for their tours as they bring a lot of people and equipment but I hope they earn a little at least for new equipment, training materials, etc.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

As for the song that they're going to sing, if they won't be bringing in a lot of choristers then I don't know how they're going to pull off "Carol of the Bells". Would this be a great opportunity to showcase songs that otherwise wouldn't maximize the whole group? Like "Corpus Christi Carol"? I miss Mini James, truly. :)

If I based it solely on the Christmas songs they performed at the concert, I can come up with "White Christmas" and "Veni Veni Emmanuel" as possible songs that they'll perform on QVC.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Okay, so I'm about to go to bed... And I'll be waking up at 7:45 EST (I've got a hockey game...) and there had better be recordings up on YouTube! :lol: I'd get up and watch it at 4am, but the aforementioned hockey game requires me to be fully rested, sooo... Goodnight, and enjoy!

P.S. I think they'll do White Christmas, Carol of the Bells and Joy to the World... with maybe ~12/13 boys, would be my guess...
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

You all make me wanna go over to the dark side and use twitter! But I might borrow my sister's account just this once and join your #Libera party. :D
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

carina_gino20 wrote:You all make me wanna go over to the dark side and use twitter! But I might borrow my sister's account just this once and join your #Libera party. :D
I already have twitter, but I created a new one just for this #Libera party, just in case I want to actually join in the conversation without annoying/spamming my regular not yet Libera-converted twitter contacts. :lol: 3 hours to go.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

phlibera wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:You all make me wanna go over to the dark side and use twitter! But I might borrow my sister's account just this once and join your #Libera party. :D
I already have twitter, but I created a new one just for this #Libera party, just in case I want to actually join in the conversation without annoying/spamming my regular not yet Libera-converted twitter contacts. :lol: 3 hours to go.
:lol: at Philibera! I mostly have only Libera-fan friends on Twitter and use FB for everything else. What's your new twitter name?
How about yours Carina? Give in to the dark side....! :mrgreen:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

hannah_kirstin wrote: :lol: at Philibera! I mostly have only Libera-fan friends on Twitter and use FB for everything else. What's your new twitter name?
It's @phlibera. Freshly mint twitter account just for the #Libera QVC party. :lol:
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

phlibera wrote:
hannah_kirstin wrote: :lol: at Philibera! I mostly have only Libera-fan friends on Twitter and use FB for everything else. What's your new twitter name?
It's @phlibera. Freshly mint twitter account just for the #Libera QVC party. :lol:
You found me fast! Followed you back! :D Is Carina on twitter?
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Lauren wrote:You found me fast! Followed you back! :D Is Carina on twitter?
Haha... I followed @officiallibera and for some reason/algorithm that only the Twitter guys know your name came up along with other Libera-esque tweeps like @dearlibera, @dearmadine, and Ed Day's. Good for twitter! I don't remember it like this when I first joined that social network. It is much more new-joiner friendly now. :D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I'm still asking my sister if she's ok for her feed to be spammed with Libera. :D In any case, if you find a Libera tweet from an unfamiliar source, that might be me using my sister's account.haha
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am wake on a Saturday at 8.20am. Shocking!! :mrgreen: