Will there be a Libera US Tour in 2010?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

tom413 wrote:
TEB wrote: So, if they would do Pennsylvania again, especially Pittsburg, I doubt very seriously that there will be the fully intergrated, unchaperoned meet & greet similar to 2008. Every now and then, I look over the pictures sent to me from a friend who was at that Pittsburg m&g and I see all the boys in 2's and 3's mingling with the crowd without a Libera adult in sight and I think Wow!
Now, if you try to talk to one of the boys for more than a "hello" someone is there watching you.
These kinds of comments, particularly from those who haven't actually attended a Libera concert, irritate me.

IIRC the Pittsburgh event featured the boys seated behind a table signing autographs in groups (as did Buffalo, Hartford and Riverside - but not Albany where there was no m&g at all). Hartford also had a mixer event which was available to special patrons of Connecticut public television who paid a premium for choice seats and a post concert social mixer. To describe Pittsburgh's setting as "fully integrated" and "unchaperoned" is inaccurate. If you are confusing it with Hartford, it still wasn't the free for all that I picture from reading your description.

The next year, Libera's m&g in Palm Desert featured both table signers and wanderers thought not every member was available post concert. The setup at the Crystal Cathedral was the same, although all 23 kids were available for autographs and discussion. Included among the wanderers were the Libera adults and chaperones trying to maintain some semblance of order. Some might describe that as "someone being there watching you." If that's what you mean by your comments, be aware that this already occurs, it is not a sudden change in direction.

No one knows whether a m&g will be conducted on future visits and if so under what conditions. Those folks who go to the concerts will undoubtedly get as much interaction as Libera management feels is prudent. I'm confident that they will be able to counterbalance the desire to market the personality of their members with the responsibility to ensure the safety of those members and create an environment where both can happen.

Next time you feel the need to correct me in the public part of the forum, try to be a little more polite about it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Aled Jones mentioned on his Good Morning show that Robert Prizeman said the they're off to US in the summer.

Listen it HERE on 1:24.03 mark.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Jude Andrew wrote: So, is it case of whoever asks; gets?? (oversimplified, I know) and given the success of those last invitations would it not make sense for them to be invited back?
While I don't pretend to have any special insider's knowledge, I do think it is almost as simple as you describe. It would appear that the Philippine visit of last year was also due to an invitation.

I would think the California sites and perhaps Pittsburgh would make the most sense for return visits, but I don't see both of those happening in the same tour.

As for breaking new ground, the biggest problem Libera has had in this country is the lack of advance notice for their shows. A commercial promoter would need more time than has been historically given to fill a place like the Bushnell Center. If they are to be here in August as Jimmy speculates, I figure they are likely to be performing at more mega-churches - like they did in California. Those shows got a strong word of mouth gate from the members of the hosting church.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

TEB wrote:Next time you feel the need to correct me in the public part of the forum, try to be a little more polite about it.
I'm hoping there won't be a next time.

I'm sorry you felt personally attacked, I'm not sorry for attempting to set the record straight.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

chix wrote:Aled Jones mentioned on his Good Morning show that Robert Prizeman said the they're off to US in the summer.

Thanks for the link! Not that I doubted anyone, but I had to listen to the good news for myself.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

tom413 wrote:
chix wrote:Aled Jones mentioned on his Good Morning show that Robert Prizeman said the they're off to US in the summer.

Thanks for the link! Not that I doubted anyone, but I had to listen to the good news for myself.
No probs. Gloria was played after the news so it's worth to listen. :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's already mid-June though. Isn't it a bit late to announce a summer international tour?
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

TullyBascombe wrote:It's already mid-June though. Isn't it a bit late to announce a summer international tour?
I thank the fans need to give the boys time to thank of a new tour I thank
libera36

Post by libera36 »

TullyBascombe wrote:It's already mid-June though. Isn't it a bit late to announce a summer international tour?
Yeah, it seems a bit late, but if the tour is mid-August, than maybe we'll hear something soon! I've got my fingers crossed that there's a concert near me! :lol:
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

libera36 wrote:
Yeah, it seems a bit late, but if the tour is mid-August, than maybe we'll hear something soon! I've got my fingers crossed that there's a concert near me! :lol:
I am hoeping my be libera can do a dvd and I am going to disney land so I am excied I wonder if libera had fun doing it so let's hope they do a dvd this year
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

tom413 wrote:the biggest problem Libera has had in this country is the lack of advance notice for their shows. A commercial promoter would need more time than has been historically given to fill a place like the Bushnell Center.
It's an interesting point that Tom413 raises. Why is that Libera cannot give more advance notice than they do? In military parlance 'the flash to bang' is very short. I wonder if it's a lack administrative/agent support??
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Jude Andrew wrote:It's an interesting point that Tom413 raises. Why is that Libera cannot give more advance notice than they do? In military parlance 'the flash to bang' is very short. I wonder if it's a lack administrative/agent support??
I hope it was an exception, but their recent Philippine tour had only a 3-week notice. I hope it's not the same their in the US, but probably not because they "EMI" had always written about a "planned US tour" during the release of Peace.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Arundel was last minute too which is a bit of a bummer because rail fares are cheapest if bought from about three months before the date of travel. Only giving a months notice meant double the price.

Still, better than no concert at all.......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Arundel was last minute too which is a bit of a bummer because rail fares are cheapest if bought from about three months before the date of travel. Only giving a months notice meant double the price.

Still, better than no concert at all.......
Definitely better than no concert at all. Although those who would be coming from afar a very short notice is just like "no concert". Those who live close to the venue it doesn't make any difference.

But they really can't publish details when they're not yet finalized. So I guess this is more of a challenge to the organizers than to Libera.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera do have a very narrow window of opportunity to organise tours overseas. During their school holidays. I expect after the effort to get back from Japan/Philippines tour in Easter, they probably didn't even know if they would be able to tour again this year due to the volcanic ash situation. So your probably talking about mid may before they even got to sit down and think about ideas of were to visit in the US. I expect we'll hear something soon, but don't expect too much notice for future concerts.