Fuchsia

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Fuchsia

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Fuchsia
Individually, Fuchsia’s singers have graced the stage at the Montreaux, London, and Marlborough Jazz Festivals, toured internationally with Libera, appeared live on BBC Radio 1, Radio 4 and BBC television, recorded at Abbey Road, and conducted at the Roundhouse.

Fuchsia are: Alison Beck, Sam Coates, Edwin Fawcett, Ruth Fenton, and Liz Swain
I think these could be members of the small band that have been providing instrumental assistance to Libera at the recent concerts. They are now going vocal. Good luck to them.

Not sure were this leaves 'Fronting Vocals' though? :?
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Very excited for Sam! Their samples on FB are great! Wish them great success! :D

Their kind of music is very popular in the US. We just went to see "Chicago a cappella" last night! "Straight No Chaser" is sold out in Chicago tonight.

Lauren
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Fuchsiafive

They are on MySpace, too ! 5 songs available there (click the tab 'featured' on the music player) :D

Like the ''Silent Night'' again :D
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

OH Wow!!! I totally dig it!!!!! Right up my alley!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

symphonica7 wrote:OH Wow!!! I totally dig it!!!!! Right up my alley!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!
I agree! I do a bit of this singing, with fellow choir members and with my 3 siblings. It's a great style of music, that is getting more and more popular here! :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Hope you will like this unexpected appearance :wink:

[youtube][/youtube]
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

That was great! Thanks for finding that Murkskis! :D

Lauren
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hmmh, don't think that Fuchsia can be the instrumentalists at the concert. For a start these guys sing (very nicely it must be said) where as the people at the concert appear to be classical musicians (and therefore doubt they will be singers as well).

Also this is three girls and two blokes (is that Sam at the end of the line?) and one of the girls doesn't seem to be one of the four at the concerts and the none Sam bloke isn't the percussionist. Not sure when Fuchsia have appeared with Libera but I don't think they are the strings and percussion section at concerts.

#edit# The names of the group in the concert programme are not the same as the names of the group in the tags of the YouTube video.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote: Also this is three girls and two blokes (is that Sam at the end of the line?) and one of the girls doesn't seem to be one of the four at the concerts and the none Sam bloke isn't the percussionist. Not sure when Fuchsia have appeared with Libera but I don't think they are the strings and percussion section at concerts.
I'm pretty sure that is Sam (on the left) and I also have no idea when Fuchsia appeared with Libera. Pardon my ignorance. Hopefully someone will enlighten this matter :wink:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Because it says "individually", I think they are just talking about Sam Coates' experience with Libera. The whole thing says:
In 2008, five versatile professional performers and composers from the London jazz and gospel scene came together to form Fuchsia - an a cappella group with a difference.

Drawing on the rich tradition of a cappella vocal music, from the Swingle Singers to Take Six, Fuchsia’s all-embracing repertoire encompasses jazz, Latin, gospel, and classical music - anything from Michael Jackson classics to bold contemporary works.

Fuchsia has performed at the Barbican, Trinity College of Music, the Live Elevator Music Project at the Royal Festival Hall and the world-famous 606 Jazz Club.

Individually, Fuchsia’s singers have graced the stage at the Montreaux, London, and Marlborough Jazz Festivals, toured internationally with Libera, appeared live on BBC Radio 1, Radio 4 and BBC television, recorded at Abbey Road, and conducted at the Roundhouse.

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

libera36 wrote:Because it says "individually", I think they are just talking about Sam Coates' experience with Libera. The whole thing says:
In 2008, five versatile professional performers and composers from the London jazz and gospel scene came together to form Fuchsia - an a cappella group with a difference.

Drawing on the rich tradition of a cappella vocal music, from the Swingle Singers to Take Six, Fuchsia’s all-embracing repertoire encompasses jazz, Latin, gospel, and classical music - anything from Michael Jackson classics to bold contemporary works.

Fuchsia has performed at the Barbican, Trinity College of Music, the Live Elevator Music Project at the Royal Festival Hall and the world-famous 606 Jazz Club.

Yeah, that could explain it!
BTW. Like how they are interacting with the audience at about 2.10 :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Murkskis wrote:Hope you will like this unexpected appearance :wink:

[youtube][/youtube]
This is awesome! :D Thanks for posting!
My choir was going to do something like this last year, but we ran out of time before the holiday season! It looks like a ton of fun to have an unexpected concert!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Rebecca (: wrote: My choir was going to do something like this last year, but we ran out of time before the holiday season! It looks like a ton of fun to have an unexpected concert!
Last year- it was such a long time ago ...
So you have another fun thing ahead! Apart from the quickly passing holiday season :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

This video clears up a case of mistaken identity for me, It was Sam Coates singing at St Philip's when I attended mas just before Christmas.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Yorkie wrote:Hmmh, don't think that Fuchsia can be the instrumentalists at the concert. For a start these guys sing (very nicely it must be said) where as the people at the concert appear to be classical musicians (and therefore doubt they will be singers as well).
Sorry to go off topic but I must disagree Yorkie for I am a Classical Instrumentalist and Vocalist and have come across plenty who have crossed-over or done both such Ias myself. At least in the US.

Back to topic, i agree that this style is becoming more and more popular and I'm quite fond of it especially if the singers are truly talented.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou