Silly But Fun (maybe?) Question

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

MWheeler

Silly But Fun (maybe?) Question

Post by MWheeler »

I'm guessing that I'm not the only person who sings along with their Libera CD's. :wink:

I've found that when I'm driving down the road, happily listening to Libera and singing away, I usually pick out the inner low lower harmony parts to sing along with. For some reason, I rarely sing the melody. It must be the baritone in me!

I thought it might be fun to see anyone else gravitates toward a certain part. I have to admit, it's sometimes fun to see if I can match the pitch of the high notes... although, it's usually not with a very pleasing tone!
:lol:
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Ah yes, sounds familiar... You should try it with Onwards Christian Soldiers, the part where the men's section of the choir sings to, you'd like it, it'll fit with the bariton part...
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I also sing along when the mood strikes me... but when I think about it, my singing in comparison to the Libera boys' is absolutely pathetic, and it seems a dishonour to even hum their songs. But, hey, I'm just having fun. :wink:
Usually I'll sing the lower harmonies.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I always sing along to the cd's except when I'm at work. I don't sing any perticular part, just whatever I want.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I sing along too, when I was younger and my voice wasnt as deep as it is now, I would sometimes try to sing the high parts, but of course I was nowhere near as good as Libera was :oops: But now I usually sing along still but I usually sing in a lower voice, even if the part I sing along to is really high. Its kinda hard not to sing along with the Libera CDs if I may say so myself :lol:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Haha. I sing along as well. But only when I'm at home. When I'm outside, I'll just sing in my heart. I wouldn't want people around me to give me weird stares. :) Because my singing's definitely not up to standard.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

When they are singing their high parts, and making the latin lyrics look ridiculously easy, I just sit back and listen to their perfect vocals. Most of the time I just listen, but it's hard not to sing 'Love and Mercy' out loud at least once during that song.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hey, JimmyRiddle, I too is amazed at how they can sing latin so well. I hum along as well if I can't pronounce the latin words.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I took latin in High School so the latin's no problem. When you translate the songs the words speak to even more.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Once you're used to it, Latin is an easier language to sing in than English (and especially easier than French), at least in my opinion.

On long drives, I'll normally pop in a Libera CD or 3 and sing along. I sing tenor in real life, so in most cases I sing along an octave below. As for which parts I gravitate to, the easy answer is all. Most songs have multiple verses, so I'll sing the high part on one and pick out the middle harmonies for the others. The main exception is Be Still My Soul, since I know the actual tenor part to it (even though their arrangement is knocked up a halfstep or two from what I'm used to).
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I lost my voice over the weekend and I still havent gotten it fully back, but lately, whenever I do listen to one of Libera's CDs, I just silently hum to it or a sing along in my head as I have no voice to project the words out :oops: And I am not a fluent Latin speaker (though I wish I was) but it does seem like an easy language to not only sing along to but possibly learn and speak.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I wish I know latin too. :? Aww. I tried to self learn German but it kind of didn't work. But at least I can read basic French but not speak the language. But I didn't knew I could read French at first, I kind of stumbled upon a French site and translated it into English in my head, and after that I checked out the language translator website, and I was pretty amazed that the translation I did was almost prefect!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

learning a language is extremely difficult. I love latin and I hope to learn more. I took French and Spanish and did terrible. I think, all in all, if you have a passion to learn any particular language, you will do well. I never wanted to learn French or Spanish and as a result, I didn't do well at all. When I took latin, I had wanted to learn it for a while and I gat an A.
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Learning a language isn't that hard. I speak four of them and am trying to learn a fifth (latin).
KP

Do I sing along with Libera?

Post by KP »

Sometimes I can't help but sing along! Especially on the more upbeat ones.
Wings of a Dove, Sanctus II, New Day, Stay With Me, Going Home, Far Away, Abide With Me, Semele, and now Love and Mercy are the ones that I get stuck in my head and, thus sing a lot.
(It's rather embarrassing! Sometimes I'm in public, and I don't even realize that I'm singing softly! :oops: )
The Latin doesn't bother me. I just sing it how it sounds.