Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Today, I'm quite saddened and I cannot think. I just received the call that my beloved grandmother, my mother, the woman whp has taken care of me for 18+ years, has just passed away in her sleep at the hospital. I'm stuck doing my overnite at work. Noone is answering the phones. Not my supervisor, my manager, my house lead, the director of operations, the on-call, the back-up on call, no one. I cannot call another house because there is no other individual right now doing an overnite is trained for my house. Me not being able to get out of work is the only reason why I am on the computer.

I can no longer cry, i believe I have just cried myself out, or maybe im going back and forth between shock and crying. I still don't know what to think, what to do, how to move on. Right now I am Libera on full blast in some attempt to get myself to calm down in any sense because I know my grandmother does not want me freaking out...I just can't think....
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

@irishoreo: I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hope an angel hugs you tonight...
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

irishoreo wrote:Today, I'm quite saddened and I cannot think. I just received the call that my beloved grandmother, my mother, the woman whp has taken care of me for 18+ years, has just passed away in her sleep at the hospital. I'm stuck doing my overnite at work. Noone is answering the phones. Not my supervisor, my manager, my house lead, the director of operations, the on-call, the back-up on call, no one. I cannot call another house because there is no other individual right now doing an overnite is trained for my house. Me not being able to get out of work is the only reason why I am on the computer.

I can no longer cry, i believe I have just cried myself out, or maybe im going back and forth between shock and crying. I still don't know what to think, what to do, how to move on. Right now I am Libera on full blast in some attempt to get myself to calm down in any sense because I know my grandmother does not want me freaking out...I just can't think....
Irishoreo, your grandmother has gone to heaven. My deepest condolences to you and your family, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can understand how you are feeling right now, because in 2008 I lost my paternal grandmother and in 2009, I lost my maternal grandmother as well. My family has been living with my paternal grandmother for as long as I can remember, more than 18 years and she had always been so dear to me.

But trust me, time can slowly heal wounds. One Libera song that has especially helped me through this is Rest in Peace.

Rest in peace

For all who need comfort for all those who mourn
all those whom we cherished will be reborn
All those whom we love but see no more
they are not perished, but gone before
and lie in the tender arms of he who died for us all to set us free
from hatred and anger and cruel tyranny
may they rest in peace - and rise in glory

All suffering and sorrow will be no more
they'll vanish like shadows at heaven’s door
All anguish and grieving will one day be healed
when all of God's purpose will be revealed.
Though now for a season lost from sight
the innocent slain in the blindness of 'right'
are now in the warmth of God's glorious light
where they rest in peace - and rise in glory

Lord give me wisdom to comprehend why I survive and not my friend
and teach me compassion so I may live, all my enemies to forgive

For all who need comfort for all those who mourn
all those whom we cherished will be reborn
All those whom we love but see no more
they are not perished but gone before
And Lord keep them safe in your embrace
and fill their souls with your good grace
for now they see you face to face
where they rest in peace - and rise in glory
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

irishoreo wrote:Today, I'm quite saddened and I cannot think. I just received the call that my beloved grandmother, my mother, the woman whp has taken care of me for 18+ years, has just passed away in her sleep at the hospital. I'm stuck doing my overnite at work. Noone is answering the phones. Not my supervisor, my manager, my house lead, the director of operations, the on-call, the back-up on call, no one. I cannot call another house because there is no other individual right now doing an overnite is trained for my house. Me not being able to get out of work is the only reason why I am on the computer.

Deshaun, there are no words that can assuage the grief of losing someone so dear and so important to you. And while I am sure you are right in your grandmother not wanting you to freak out too much, it is but human to grieve the loss of someone beloved.

There are songs in Libera's repertoire that try to sing away the loneliness and the grief all I can advise is that as painful as it is and as necessary as it is, the grief is the symbol that she was once alive and did so much good in her life that she left such a void in yours. It's her hugging you one last time, letting you feel how much she loves you. Hang on to her tightly and grieve as long and as deeply as you need and when the time come for you to let go, walk her slowly to her rest knowing she leaves behind a grandson of whom she can be proud
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Irishoreo, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know that you have been worried about her for some time and I'm sorry that things turned out this way for you. I also lost my grandmother. She passed away last Friday and I just came back a little while ago from the funeral processions so I understand how you feel. Just know that you have friends here and we will be their for you when you need us. I know its not the same as us being right there, but we will be here none the less. Keep listening to Libera and spending time with your family. You'll be in my prayers. :(
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

My condolences, irishoreo.

Réquiem ætérnam dona eis, Dómine,
et lux perpétua lúceat eis.
Requiéscant in pace. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace. Amen.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

My sincere condolences my friend.
My prayers will be with you.
I know you said you don't really believe but give God a little prayer. You will be surprised at how much better it may be then.

Just as our boys sing, you will never be alone. We are all here for you.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Thank you all for your kind words and true wisdom. I have taken great comfort in reading what you guys have posted and sometimes i come back and keep reading what has been posted just to keep it fresh in my mind. Once again thank you, you have no idea what that means to me.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. :)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Hi Irishoreo. Sorry to hear the news. My deep condolences to you and your family.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'm very sorry to hear that, irishoreo. My deepest condolences to you and your family. May peace be with you in these hard times.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Just when I thought everything was finally going our way, another bad news hits us.

It's my mom's right brain that sustained some damages because of her aneurysm so we expected her to have a weaker left side. But after the operation she moves all limbs. My family takes comfort with every move of her left leg and left arm.

Last night we were told that my mom was having subclinical seizures and apparently, those movements of her left arm are actually manifestations of the seizures. :(
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Nikki178 wrote:Just when I thought everything was finally going our way, another bad news hits us.

It's my mom's right brain that sustained some damages because of her aneurysm so we expected her to have a weaker left side. But after the operation she moves all limbs. My family takes comfort with every move of her left leg and left arm.

Last night we were told that my mom was having subclinical seizures and apparently, those movements of her left arm are actually manifestations of the seizures. :(
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better. I hope that things get better and I'll make sure to say an extra prayer for your mom. I found this small prayer if it will help.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant the help of your power, that this sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

jesuspeace34 wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:Just when I thought everything was finally going our way, another bad news hits us.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better. I hope that things get better and I'll make sure to say an extra prayer for your mom. I found this small prayer if it will help.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant the help of your power, that this sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Thanks. Means a lot. I've never been a religious person and I've found myself praying every prayer I've ever known this past four weeks.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Deshaun, even though I am new here, I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you for your loss :(. There is nothing more painful than the loss of a loved one, especially one who was so important in your life. Take solace in knowing that she is still with you in spirit. I lost a grandmother in Aug. 2003 and my dear father only a few months later near Christmas 2003. My grief was almost unbearable and I wish now I had Libera's music in my life at that time. It took time, but through the support of friends and family I have come to terms with their passing. I stuggle myself on a daily basis with many things but the angelic singing of Libera continues to help me through the tough times. Having read some of the heartfelt responses already, please, know that you have many friends here who stand by you in your grief. Libera has brought us all together and can help heal all our wounds.

Todd
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir