The future is......

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

whitetail1985 wrote:I can see Kavana and Ralph being the new guys but not so much of Sammy, he seems a little shy to me. Mini James is still very young and when he gets a little older I can see him being one also. In the SoP when they were sitting in the circle chatting with Aled he didn't get much of a chance to talk with all the older boys there but once the older ones start to leave I think he will grow into a camera loving young lad. :D
Agreed. Although Sammy did give us a really nice blog entry about their trip to Japan! But Kavana and Ralph, for sure, and Mini-Ben is already stepping up to the role as Libera spokesboy.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If you notice on Libera's recent videos from their tour in Asia, Flynn has been the one narrating if you will. I believe Flynn could a candidate as well. However, any one of these talented boys could be the next spokesperson for the group.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I don't think we'll have a new CD in the next 12 months. I feel next year will be a sendoff to quite a lot of the older boys, and an re-affirming of the current young boys who will be establishing the front-line and spokesboy duties for the next phase in Libera's quest. More concerts/tours, tv appearences etc... but the next professional photo shoot and CD release after their 2007 New Dawn, will probably happen when some household names have called it a day, and handed over duties to the next batch of boys.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

If I didn't remember wrongly, New Dawn was released in 2008. But I guess they probably recorded some time in late 2007 to early 2008?

I'm really hoping they will be releasing another new album sometime next year, fingers crossed * Especially this year they started doing a lot more concerts compared to the last few years. It seems like every school holiday April to summer vacation to Autumn the boys are busy with traveling to other countries for their tours. That probably explains why there's no new album this year. They are concentrating full force with their promotions instead.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Flora wrote:Is it okay to post cropped images? I really hate editing other people's photographs, but I couldn't get the direct links to work, so I just copied and pasted the watermark to credit Marcel. I'll delete the pictures later:

Image Image

Flora,
Since you properly credited the photographer in these pictures, as far as I am concerned, they may remain on this part of the board. Thank you for taking the time to work on them and get them posted.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

For now, it's still Mini Ben aside from Josh and Liam. If you just base it in the concert, I think maybe Ralph and Sammy. Flynn and Kavana didn't have any speaking parts in the Philippine tour, but who knows.

But just basing it on the concerts is probably not enough since I don't think Tom had speaking parts in their concert. Obviously though, in the videos released, he's more talkative and 'jokative'.

So if you mean spokesperson in general (interviews, videos, etc), it might soon be boys like Kavana, Stefan, mini James, and Matthew once they become more comfortable with the limelight.
JimmyRiddle wrote:I don't think we'll have a new CD in the next 12 months. I feel next year will be a sendoff to quite a lot of the older boys, and an re-affirming of the current young boys who will be establishing the front-line and spokesboy duties for the next phase in Libera's quest. More concerts/tours, tv appearences etc... but the next professional photo shoot and CD release after their 2007 New Dawn, will probably happen when some household names have called it a day, and handed over duties to the next batch of boys.
Yes, that makes sense, although I hope they will some recordings of the older boys solos when they are at their prime (especially Ed's Mysterium). They can name the CD 'Swansong'. :P It's very exciting though, if their next is like the grand introduction of the younger boys. That would be fantastic. And then they can include Bayan Ko and Hymn to Beauty.haha.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Flora wrote:Is it okay to post cropped images? I really hate editing other people's photographs, but I couldn't get the direct links to work, so I just copied and pasted the watermark to credit Marcel. I'll delete the pictures later:

Image Image
You properly credited the owners of the pictures so its fine :)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Kevin wrote:

Image Image
You properly credited the owners of the pictures so its fine :)
Technically, everyone should ask the owner's permission first before copying and pasting anything on the net. But who really does that? :P Lame excuse, I know, but the owner probably doesn't mind as long as you credit them.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes your right, permission should be asked first, but to most its a hassle. But the proper tag was put so should the owner see his/her images and see that it was tagged with her information then Im sure he/she wouldnt mind much.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Sorry--in the future, I will ask permission before making reposts. Does anyone mind if I delete the photos from my image host now? (Will they still show up in replies?)

To get back on topic, I think that Alfie is one of the most quietly charismatic newcomers, and I hope to see him more often! His serious face is so charming, haha.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You did absolutely nothing wrong so you have nothing to worry about :)

And back on topic, Flynn seems to be very outgoing. And James just smiles like no other. So much new talent continues to emerge, theres just no boundary of the amount of talent this group can have making Libera so unique.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Thank you, Kevin!

My CD is out in the car, but is "New Dawn" the album where Henry Barrington is credited as a singer? I remember being happy earlier this year when we finally got a face to (officially) put with the name.