Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

carina_gino20 wrote:No need to speculate anymore. Tom posted this today:
Im sorry if i'm not able to reply to everyones inboxes, its just too hard to reply to every single one that people send me, i'm just apologising in advance because when i first started this page (only 3/4 days ago) i did reply to the comments, only because i wasn't getting them in bulk, but now it is just too hard to keep on top of everything, and i know its upset some people, because you have messaged me about it, sorry.
How someone can expect a kid who receives thousands of views each day and numerous comments to respond to each and every message is ridiculous.

Btw, he has posted the lyrics of Cashmere:
Is this all just Fantasy? i've thought about it too much now, its all like a
dream to me
Is this all that it will be? maybe i'm running too fast now? but i
don't want to "wait and see"

Sitting on the grass with your head on my
chest, we don't say anything, now we're both here lets just wait here awhile,
we don't want to waste a thing now Love, my love.

As my time floated away,
my itchy eyes couldn't stand the pain, i was being "lead astray"
But when you
opened up to me, "surely this isn't reality" because finally i was freed

Sitting on the grass with your head on my chest, we don't say anything, now
we're both here lets just wait here awhile, we don't want to waste a thing now
Love, my love.
Thanks for the lyrics Carina. So that's why he decided not to show fan comments. I find it quite endearing that he felt he needed to reply to each and every one of them lol He's done a great effort with those songs he has recorded. He has great potential and I hope he acheives the goals he wants to.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

"How someone can expect a kid who receives thousands of views each day and numerous comments to respond to each and every message is ridiculous."

Undeniable point :)

Thanks for posting the lyrics, Carina. Appreciated. :D

"So that's why he decided not to show fan comments. I find it quite endearing that he felt he needed to reply to each and every one of them lol He's done a great effort with those songs he has recorded. He has great potential and I hope he acheives the goals he wants to."

I'm quite sure Tom was online well after midnight for the last 3 days in a row. Noticed the 'online' sign active now and then.
I didn't join Myspace, because I felt he might be overfloaded with information (as I saw the site's counter hit 20000 from 2000 in 24 hours ...). And todays comments prove this is the case.
Anyway, I wish him the best, too. :)
Do I need to mention that I also like his songs ? :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

carina_gino20 wrote:No problem. You mean you can't see his blog posts? I thought I was able to view few days ago even without logging in. As for the lyrics, there's a small button 'Lyrics' that pops up the lyrics when you play Cashmere.
There are posts that he makes public, and there are those that he makes only readable to his Myspace connections. As for the Lyrics pop up didn't really notice it until now that you told me. Thanks. :)

It seems his original composition, "Cashmere", has taken over as his most played song. If that doesn't show how good his first composition that he made public was, I don't know what will.
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Well this is something and I thought like many of the Old Soloists of the past he would fade away to normal life. It's nice to see him continuing with music.

With Cashmere at first it was a bit eerie listening to his changed voice (and seeing a more older him on his profile pic) having Peace's Ave Virgo on repeat for me and all but deeper into the song you get to appreciate him and this current direction he's going. The falsetto(?) on some parts of Cashmere is sort of a nice reminder of his Libera days.

Hope he does not leave this account dormant, his voice still sounds promising even after he grew.
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Moppi wrote:Well this is something and I thought like many of the Old Soloists of the past he would fade away to normal life.
And it's ironic, too, that this thread was originally something about "Thomas Cully fade away".

And yes on the high notes. He sings them beautifully still. In fact, his voice still shines the brightest on the higher notes. Not sure if it's really falsetto because of the reverb effect. It seems his singing on his head voice, but stronger than a falsetto. He's not yet quite settled to his final deep adult voice. His voice will still change, which is why it's fortunate that he recorded and shared some songs. If you ask me, I think he's in the same situation as Josh, which means he can still be part of the touring Libera if he really wants to. But obviously giving up his spot early meant another member joins the tour earlier than it would have been possible has Tom not relinquish his spot.

Having said that I hope he will join the next Philippine tour, and hopefully as a performer. :)
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

phlibera wrote:
Moppi wrote:Well this is something and I thought like many of the Old Soloists of the past he would fade away to normal life.
And it's ironic, too, that this thread was originally something about "Thomas Cully fade away".
Yes it's ironic but I am glad about it :D
danieb88 wrote:I have to say I love the songs he has chosen to sing Very Happy his voice is still really nice and soothing!
Does anyone know how to rip the songs off myspace?
I've the lyrics and mp3's now. Would you like it if I made a youtube-video of it? But I've to say, I've no new photos from Thomas since he isn't in Libera any longer.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Sue wrote: I've the lyrics and mp3's now. Would you like it if I made a youtube-video of it? But I've to say, I've no new photos from Thomas since he isn't in Libera any longer.
Seriously, I'd love to have a copy just so I can listen to it over and over again. But I'm not sure if Tom will be happy to have his song ripped and uploaded to YouTube without his permission. He's not yet a professional singer (in this context) and I'm sure he'll feel protective about his original songs. I wonder if he'll open a channel there. I'm sure the response will be as crazy or even much crazier than the one on MySpace.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

carina_gino20 wrote:
Sue wrote: I've the lyrics and mp3's now. Would you like it if I made a youtube-video of it? But I've to say, I've no new photos from Thomas since he isn't in Libera any longer.
Seriously, I'd love to have a copy just so I can listen to it over and over again. But I'm not sure if Tom will be happy to have his song ripped and uploaded to YouTube without his permission. He's not yet a professional singer (in this context) and I'm sure he'll feel protective about his original songs. I wonder if he'll open a channel there. I'm sure the response will be as crazy or even much crazier than the one on MySpace.
Well, I can't ask him. Thomas made no datas or informations about this.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Sue wrote: Well, I can't ask him. Thomas made no datas or informations about this.
I didn't mean it literally. :) I just don't think it's a good idea to take his original music and put it in youtube without his permission. Then again, I see that someone's already done it and we'll see what Tom does when he finds out. For all we know, he might not mind.

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

So far that someone hasn't posted the whole song, but instead publishes the link back to Tom's Myspace. Tom wouldn't probably mind the link back. But putting up those pictures, though, is another story.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

He's not going to be happy, he didnt want any of his pictures to go anywhere else but myspace.....I believe we should tell him about this, he may just mind this.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

irishoreo wrote:He's not going to be happy, he didnt want any of his pictures to go anywhere else but myspace.....I believe we should tell him about this, he may just mind this.
Yeah, I saw that, too. I don't want to come off as an internet police, but I did send a message to the user to take down the personal photos. Let's see if he responds agreeably.

danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Tom has already made all his photos private now so I think we can guess wha he thinks about that
Danie :D
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

The latest on Toms page is that hes taken down Cashmere for a few days but when he puts back up a newer version, we will be able to buy it!
I will definately be giving my support!
Danie :D
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I hope the one for purchase is of higher quality, though I'd still buy it to show support and help him create more music. :)