Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

TEB wrote:Some people gave the adults a "story" on why they should be allowed to be behind the table for personal photos to be taken with them with their arms around the boys.
I do not even know why some people would conjure up stories to be behind the table...especially with minors.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I promise I don't doubt your information, Tom, but could you please post your sources? I can't remember how this was verified before. I'm torn between irritation and embarrassment at the "it's all America's fault" philosophy. Half of me wants to protest, but the other half wants to apologize.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

I don't know what "story" you guys are talking about. Clearly, I'm missing something here.

However, I was at the California concert last year, and while I agree with the statement that no one but Libera staffs should be behind the signing tables, I have a mixed feeling about the cancellations of M&Gs in Europe is entirely resulted from "what happened in America."

I clearly remember Steven and Big Ben standing at the each end of the table and they didn't do anything about fans going behind the table to take picture with the boys. If that was such a huge deal to the point of cancelling future M&Gs, then they should have said something then and there. Mrs. G was literally 4 steps away from the signing table, but I didn't see or hear her taking action in regards to that. Crystal Cathedral related people were also there, but again, no one really said "sorry guys, you can't go behind the table."

What I saw and heard that night cannot speak for the entire situation, but I'm just telling you what I saw. I would also like to know what that "story" is about.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:Leave it to some of my freakin fellow Americans to screw up for all of us!!! :evil: :evil:
Don't beat yourselves up, I don't think it was just US fans - I think that was one of a number of things that have happened over the years and no one incident is solely to blame for the change to meet and greets.

I think there was a stalking incident quite a few years back over here in the UK.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Thanks Yorkie i got my ticket now :)
See you there. Don't forget I'm the fat, old, glasses wearing one that looks like Mine & Cassius. :shock:
Last edited by Yorkie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

In one of the videos of the Crystal Cathedral M&G you can see this young-middle aged woman in black slacks and a purple top wandering around the hall positioning herself behind the boys who are circulating in the crowd. At one point she stands behind one of the boys and as he finishes talking to someone and backs away she reaches her hand out to his hair. It was a bit creepy.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Thank you as always, dearmadine, for your info and insights. I also like to think that the Libera staff would intervene if there was a safety problem at the M&G.
TullyBascombe wrote:In one of the videos of the Crystal Cathedral M&G you can see this young-middle aged woman in black slacks and a purple top wandering around the hall positioning herself behind the boys who are circulating in the crowd. At one point she stands behind one of the boys and as he finishes talking to someone and backs away she reaches her hand out to his hair. It was a bit creepy.
I've seen this video, and it didn't look creepy to me; the woman in question explained through a comment that she was heading to her car to get a pen when he bumped into her. Of course, if this sort of thing happened to her more than once, I can absolutely see where you're coming from! I haven't perused all of the videos to watch her behavior.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get so sore about this, but I am hurt by the implications that America is responsible for the lack of M&Gs--and the fact that this belief is substantiated by my fellow countrymen, seemingly without much evidence. Libera's safety comes first, always, but I would never presume to blame another country (or my own country) for a change in their procedures. It is a hurtful assumption.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

woop mum is also certain she will be able to get the night of, if she does were getting tickets at the door :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora wrote:Thank you as always, dearmadine, for your info and insights. I also like to think that the Libera staff would intervene if there was a safety problem at the M&G.
TullyBascombe wrote:In one of the videos of the Crystal Cathedral M&G you can see this young-middle aged woman in black slacks and a purple top wandering around the hall positioning herself behind the boys who are circulating in the crowd. At one point she stands behind one of the boys and as he finishes talking to someone and backs away she reaches her hand out to his hair. It was a bit creepy.
I've seen this video, and it didn't look creepy to me; the woman in question explained through a comment that she was heading to her car to get a pen when he bumped into her. Of course, if this sort of thing happened to her more than once, I can absolutely see where you're coming from! I haven't perused all of the videos to watch her behavior.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get so sore about this, but I am hurt by the implications that America is responsible for the lack of M&Gs--and the fact that this belief is substantiated by my fellow countrymen, seemingly without much evidence. Libera's safety comes first, always, but I would never presume to blame another country (or my own country) for a change in their procedures. It is a hurtful assumption.
Whoa, nobody is accusing you Yanks of being the problem. Things have happened over the years and they all contribute to feeling that there is a risk out there.

You only have to look at the fan base in the US/UK and compare it to Korea, Japan, Philippines to notice that one is predominantly young teenagers/women and the other is mainly men.

I don't necessarily see that there is a problem with security if handled properly like Tom suggests but obviously Libera have decided it isn't worth the hassle. Personally it doesn't bother me - it's their choice and all that.

Mercy & Love
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

"Accuse" is too strong a word, for sure, but even in passing, this statement hurt my feelings because it wasn't supported by evidence:
TEB wrote:Alot of the m&g issues stems from the 2009 tour in the US.
I don't have a problem with Libera not wanting to meet fans, either, I just don't want to feel responsible for it. Sorry if I've misunderstood you, Tom, and Yorkie, thanks for the response and sorry if I'm being too touchy.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

There was a video where one of the charphones freaks out and tells somebody quite rudley dont touch him. That was at a M&G in the u,s and sure thats on video .

But i am sure its just a mixture of things that have raised questions on things over here.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

dani wrote:There was a video where one of the charphones freaks out and tells somebody quite rudley dont touch him. That was at a M&G in the u,s and sure thats on video .

But i am sure its just a mixture of things that have raised questions on things over here.
Dani, are you indicating Crystal Cathedral M&G videos? cuz I just re-watched all three parts of M&G vids from Crystal Cathedral last year but I didn't seem to hear anyone freaking out. I might have missed it because so many people were talking in the background.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dearmadine wrote:
dani wrote:There was a video where one of the charphones freaks out and tells somebody quite rudley dont touch him. That was at a M&G in the u,s and sure thats on video .

Dani, are you indicating Crystal Cathedral M&G videos? cuz I just re-watched all three parts of M&G vids from Crystal Cathedral last year but I didn't seem to hear anyone freaking out. I might have missed it because so many people were talking in the background.
I honestly can not remember now but somebody wanted a picture with one of the boys and somebody said and i quote " dont touch him"

other people on here mentioned it at the time. So maybe somebody saw it or it was on a video. It was a year ago so i cant remember how i know this.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

dani wrote:
dearmadine wrote:

I honestly can not remember now but somebody wanted a picture with one of the boys and somebody said and i quote " dont touch him"

other people on here mentioned it at the time. So maybe somebody saw it or it was on a video. It was a year ago so i cant remember how i know this.
I remember that scene from the video. One guy in a football/soccer jersey took a picture with Oliver Cole and Mini-James with his hands over their shoulders. After Barbara Geraghty took the picture, she told him to not touch the kids.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora wrote:"Accuse" is too strong a word, for sure, but even in passing, this statement hurt my feelings because it wasn't supported by evidence:
TEB wrote:Alot of the m&g issues stems from the 2009 tour in the US.
I don't have a problem with Libera not wanting to meet fans, either, I just don't want to feel responsible for it. Sorry if I've misunderstood you, Tom, and Yorkie, thanks for the response and sorry if I'm being too touchy.
I'm not offended and neither did I set out to offend. Much of what goes on within Libera is not made general knowledge. Some people have contacts and that's how whispers get out (for the record I don't know anybody within Libera). Recent policy has been no M&G's in the UK, don't know why but I can guess.

Of course, it might change in the future but probably not at Arundel - they will have to travel back to London afterwards (couple of hours) and then get home to bed so even without a M&G it will be a long night. Then they have to getup on Sunday for church. So, nope can't see it happening in Arundel.
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love