The future is......

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote:
TEB wrote:I am posting this here mainly because this topic is about the future and the new boys. I know there are some who are having a hard time saying Kavana's name and I recently saw somewhere that is is supposed to be said with a long A in the middle, Kavaaana. Now, in a gift package I received last week, there was a 3 part video of the CC meet and greet. The camerman had his sound running and he didn't know who Kavana was and asked him his name. Kavana himself says it is a short a. Kavahhna.
Yep, short 'a' would definately be more of the standard British way of pronouncing it - at least that's how I would say it so surely that is good enough for everybody else :wink:
Oh yeah, and along with this, if any of you get to a meet and greet and you run into Jakob Wood, please, don't call him Jake. He will correct you in a heartbeat. In this same video where Kavana says how to say his name, the camerman called Jakob Jake and was immediately corrected. Just like Michael Horncastle at one time did not like Mike.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
TEB wrote:I am posting this here mainly because this topic is about the future and the new boys. I know there are some who are having a hard time saying Kavana's name and I recently saw somewhere that is is supposed to be said with a long A in the middle, Kavaaana. Now, in a gift package I received last week, there was a 3 part video of the CC meet and greet. The camerman had his sound running and he didn't know who Kavana was and asked him his name. Kavana himself says it is a short a. Kavahhna.
Yep, short 'a' would definately be more of the standard British way of pronouncing it - at least that's how I would say it so surely that is good enough for everybody else :wink:
Oh yeah, and along with this, if any of you get to a meet and greet and you run into Jakob Wood, please, don't call him Jake. He will correct you in a heartbeat. In this same video where Kavana says how to say his name, the camerman called Jakob Jake and was immediately corrected. Just like Michael Horncastle at one time did not like Mike.
Now you'll think I'm making this up but I assure you I'm not - which one is Jakob? :oops:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

This is Jakob - he's Josh, Sam and Alex's cousin :)

Hopefully that will work im not brilliant with computers!!
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:This is Jakob - he's Josh, Sam and Alex's cousin :)

Hopefully that will work im not brilliant with computers!!
wow Jacob is young there, he is about 13 now. With longer hair :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks but dare I ask what he looks like now then?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Is it okay to post cropped images? I really hate editing other people's photographs, but I couldn't get the direct links to work, so I just copied and pasted the watermark to credit Marcel. I'll delete the pictures later:

Image Image
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Flora wrote:Is it okay to post cropped images? I really hate editing other people's photographs, but I couldn't get the direct links to work, so I just copied and pasted the watermark to credit Marcel. I'll delete the pictures later:

Image Image
Wow, he looks a lot like Sam now! I hadn't seen any updated pictures of Jakob, but he really resembles Sam and Josh!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:What song did Kavana sing in last concerts ?
He sang the high notes on Far Away and on Always With You.
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

*Nudge*

Josh and Tom have been considered the "spokesboys" of Libera for a couple of years any thoughts on who will be the next spokesboys for the group?
Dennis
libera36

Post by libera36 »

whitetail1985 wrote:*Nudge*

Josh and Tom have been considered the "spokesboys" of Libera for a couple of years any thoughts on who will be the next spokesboys for the group?
Hmmm.... good question! :wink: I'd say Sammy, Ralph and maybe Kavana too. All three of them are quite friendly and very smiley!
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:

Hmmm.... good question! :wink: I'd say Sammy, Ralph and maybe Kavana too. All three of them are quite friendly and very smiley!
Maybe add Mini-James to the line up? He seems to have made quite an impression on the fans already. Flynn as well.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

Mini-Ben is (or rather has been) stepping into that role somewhat. And some of the others that have been listed already, of course.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Now that everyone mentions it, I think Libera's done a great job integrating all of its new talents! At this point, I'd be thrilled to hear from any of the younger boys, haha.
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I can see Kavana and Ralph being the new guys but not so much of Sammy, he seems a little shy to me. Mini James is still very young and when he gets a little older I can see him being one also. In the SoP when they were sitting in the circle chatting with Aled he didn't get much of a chance to talk with all the older boys there but once the older ones start to leave I think he will grow into a camera loving young lad. :D
Dennis
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

certainly ralph! he seems to always be so happy and smiling with fans. on some of the videos from meet and greets in US and Philippines tours, he is always kind to fans.