Hi from New Zealand!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kthomp wrote:and ok what is white pudding??

have we run out of names for our food lol :D
It''s very similar to the Black pudding except no blood. It consists of pork meat, pork fat, suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a sausage. It is sliced and fried in the pan with the other meats.... deliciocus :wink:

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

cool sounds nicer than black pudding and red pudding ... i think we need to come up with new names for these sausage shaped food :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, that sounds a slight bit better.... :|
artus

Post by artus »

Wow, it's amazing how topics can change; now it is on to culinary delights. In NZ we have a mixture of US and UK breakfasts, whatever takes our fancy.

The first time I tried Earl Grey tea, I thought someone hadn't rinsed the cup properly and it still had a soapy residue (I guess scented dishwashing soap). It was only after a few weeks when visiting my Dad and having tea that I found out it was supposed to taste like that. So anyway I am definitely not a fan!

While my daughter would love to live in England, I don't know if I would. Maybe the thought of gloomy days and constant rain is appealing to you guys (What, are you crazy???), but we have huge numbers of "Poms" emigrating out here to escape those very things. I think I would prefer a place like NZ where the temperature hovers between 10 and 30 degrees C all year round, and is generally in the 15-25 bracket apart from extreme days.

But I would love to live in England for its culture and heritage and easy access to the wide variety of Europe. Who knows, one of these days I might just do it for a little bit, and finally get to make use of my British passport.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

artus wrote:Wow, it's amazing how topics can change; now it is on to culinary delights. In NZ we have a mixture of US and UK breakfasts, whatever takes our fancy.
Yeh, things have a habit of evolving around here :lol:
artus wrote:Maybe the thought of gloomy days and constant rain is appealing to you guys
I always thought you guys down in NZ got just as much rain as we did :shock: !! (and Seattle of course !! :roll: )
artus

Post by artus »

I think I can confidently say we get way more sunshine than the UK, and my particular city is always in the running for the most sunny days per year.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:I always thought you guys down in NZ got just as much rain as we did :shock: !! (and Seattle of course !! :roll: )
It's around 7.00 in the morning here, and we're already up to 87 degrees (F) and excessively high humidity. I emailed a friend of mine in Somerset and asked him if Amazon.co.uk sold bottles of English weather to relieve this heat. He replied, "What? You can't bottle your own rain or something??" :P
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kjackson83 wrote:It's around 7.00 in the morning here, and we're already up to 87 degrees (F) and excessively high humidity.
Not sure what 87F equates to in real money but it sounds hot !! it's 2:30pm here, it's overcast (but dry) and only about 9C, bland in otherwords :roll:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I feel for you, kjackson :D In the summer my area tends to be between 96 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit everyday (about 36 to 40 degrees in Celsius), sometimes having droughts that last weeks... But down where you are its gotta be worse :shock:
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

It's in the upper 90's F in the shade here. Out in the sun it's past 100º
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

its raining :( dam im going to get wet on the way to work joys
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

tcliffy wrote:It's in the upper 90's F in the shade here. Out in the sun it's past 100º
wow... and it's only May !! can't imagine what July will be like :shock:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
tcliffy wrote:It's in the upper 90's F in the shade here. Out in the sun it's past 100º
wow... and it's only May !! can't imagine what July will be like :shock:
"Hellish," I believe, is the word...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kthomp wrote:hehe to take the micky out of tea is a sin in the uk
i dont hate it just dont drink it, makes your teeth yellow
Well, if you live in the UK you don't need to worry about yellow teeth so you can drink all the tea you like :lol:

All this talk of black pudding and mushy peas is making me hungry. Hmmh that gives me an idea for my dinner.......

Did I mention I was from Yorkshire? Try this link...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now Kjackson83, where is it that you live? Florida? I mentioned in another thread about my older sister living in Surrey, well my younger sister lives in Orlando. For all you love the UK, I think the USA is pretty cool too. Of course, just imagine what it could have been like if you hadn't got all upperty about a little bit of tax on your tea.......
:) :twisted: :)
artus

Post by artus »

Hi Yorkie

I love that youtube video, what a laugh first thing in the morning!

And your comment about the locals getting a bit upperty about a bit of tea tax is priceless!