Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:It was in a concert review by someone... I can't remember who, though! The person said they were talking to Big-Ben and he said the boys to look out for in the future were Kavana and Joe Snelling.
Awww thats cool about Kavana as seems like a sweet kid, also Flynn seems like a good kids. Shame we never got to see the best of Joe as sure if he was still around he would of been given some more solos now.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i already wrote this but i shall do it again :D

a friend of mine goes to Toms new school and she says that there easter holidays finish on the 13th april
this might be why tom isnt going as their is concerts after the 13th april that he wouldnt be able to attend as he has to go to school.
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

kthomp wrote:i already wrote this but i shall do it again :D

a friend of mine goes to Toms new school and she says that there easter holidays finish on the 13th april
this might be why tom isnt going as their is concerts after the 13th april that he wouldnt be able to attend as he has to go to school.

All the other schools will be pretty much the same as we all have the same hoildays within the u,k . I think people need to accept its more than likly voice change.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, then, I suppose we can say the reason for his absence is irrelevant? I'm sure the boys missed some school last year... They were in the US for 3 weeks! Would they have 2 weeks of vacation and one week of missed school??
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Well, then, I suppose we can say the reason for his absence is irrelevant? I'm sure the boys missed some school last year... They were in the US for 3 weeks! Would they have 2 weeks of vacation and one week of missed school??
Yes in the u,k we only get two weeks off at easter. So if they had 3 weeks on tour than they would of missed some school.

And also if school work why is Tom the only one not going ? I dont know birthdays but how old is Sam L ? or Mike V ? Or Josh ? Are some of these boys also not in year 10?
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, he could be the only one in Year 10. He turned 14 last summer and Josh, Oliver Cole and Sam L. turned 14 in October. Mike V. turned 13 in October and Jonathan turned 14 in January... So theoretically, he could be.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Well, he could be the only one in Year 10. He turned 14 last summer and Josh, Oliver Cole and Sam L. turned 14 in October. Mike V. turned 13 in October and Jonathan turned 14 in January... So theoretically, he could be.

Thanks for the info :) as i said i dont know there states. And really shocked Mike V is only 13.

So going by our school which states you must be 11 by 31 Aug then yes Tom would be only one in year 10.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

well most school holidays in the uk start the 6th - 17th april so the boys who do go to the tour will be of where as tom goes back 4 days before them
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ahh... so the boys will probably leave the U.K. on the 4th or the 5th to Japan, and then, would they go back to the U.K. between their final concert in Japan on the 9th and their concert in California on the 16th?? And one other thing I noticed: don't the boys usually have a sort of, choir retreat, in August?? I just noticed that the concerts in Scotland and Ireland are in August.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Pardon the pun but this could be the dawn of a new era for Libera. If indeed Tom (for whatever reason and I won't speculate as it is a personal decision) chooses to opt out of touring this easter it will certainly herald a new beginning for these boys. Tom has been a maginificent servant to Libera for the past 7-8 years and the impact he has had will live long in the memory to everyone lucky enough to be a fan as smny of us out there became fans because of his wonderful voice. But this will create opportunities, as someone rightly pointed out, to some of the others to make the step up. The main thing is that Libera keeps on going irrespective of who is singing the solo's. So, can I ask; how far apart are the two CA concert venues??
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

I agree with it that t make it possible for others.We known that Ed and Liam can sing the High notes ,but maby there are more we don't have heard singing as soloist. Would be great if!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote: And one other thing I noticed: don't the boys usually have a sort of, choir retreat, in August?? I just noticed that the concerts in Scotland and Ireland are in August.
I maybe way of the mark here but..... they play Dublin on Friday the 31st July and Belfast on Monday the 3rd of August. Assuming that they will stay over in Dublin after Friday's concert it doesn't make sense to fly back to London on the Saturday and then out again to Belfast on the Sunday (or early Monday morning) given that the two cities are only 2 hours drive from one another. So, maybe they are planning to stay in Ireland for a week..... just a thought
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'd jump at an opportunity to stay in Ireland for a week! :D I vacationed there a couple of years ago, in County Kerry, and it was wonderful. But I'm getting off topic... I suppose it goes along with the saying "in every cloud there's a silver lining". Something good almost always comes out of something bad. The good part of this would be that other people will have more solos. So, now we can speculate on what the "new stuff" they have planned is... They are either going to bring back old songs or add news ones... I'd like it if they brought back Ave Verum or Wings of a Dove...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:I'd jump at an opportunity to stay in Ireland for a week! :D I vacationed there a couple of years ago, in County Kerry, and it was wonderful. But I'm getting off topic... I suppose it goes along with the saying "in every cloud there's a silver lining". Something good almost always comes out of something bad. The good part of this would be that other people will have more solos. So, now we can speculate on what the "new stuff" they have planned is... They are either going to bring back old songs or add news ones... I'd like it if they brought back Ave Verum or Wings of a Dove...
They neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to bring back Ave Verum , this is such an amazing song and really wanna hear it live.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, me too! Another one I wish they'd do again is Pie Jesu. If Josh and Liam did a duet on Pie Jesu, it would be great... But they haven't done that one since Liam O'Kane sang it with Adam Harris.