Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Funny : the Guestbook was updated on the official site and one of the messages seems to have been sent by a camping manager in Guernsey :)

I don't think Libera will go to that camping, I imagine it's more likely that a client talked to the office, explaining why he was coming to Guernsey, and the manager was already a Libera amateur :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The events page has been updated to show the venues and ticket prices for the tour http://www.libera.org.uk/events

St James Hall - Capacity 576 maximum in theatre-style - Hire Costs £414

Royal Opera House - maximum seating capacity is 625, each with an uninterrupted view of the stage

Intimate venues - should hopefully if advertised well; acheive a good turnout.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Jimmy :D

Tickets are not yet available online on both sites, it will probably be activated tomorrow :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for the update Jimmy.
Compared to most of their recent North American venues, these places look small.
If the European fanbase turns out, good tickets will be hard to come by.

I'm hoping it's an optical illusion, but the stage looks quite a bit higher
than the front rows in the Opera House shot. Maybe the balcony are the
primo seats for that venue.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

tom413 wrote:I'm hoping it's an optical illusion, but the stage looks quite a bit higher than the front rows in the Opera House shot. Maybe the balcony are the primo seats for that venue.
Ho-oh, you're right ! :shock:
Image Looking to the people standing in front of the stage, the stage is as high as a shoulder's man...
Image Rows AA and BB may not be the smarter choice to do...

But probably these two rows will be removed to let the place for Robert's piano and keyboard, so row A will be the first row, far enough from the stage to allows a good view :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Good news is it means no queuing as seats are numbered .
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yep, more time for visits ! :D

Now, who here intends to stay awake all night to watch if the tickets become available online? :lol:
(not me ;) )
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

It's late afternoon here.....
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Correct, and it will be very late at night for you when sales will open in the morning here :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Does anybody fancy seeing the Burlesque show that's on the following night :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

You wouldn't think there'd be that much carryover from one night to the next.
I guess it shows the diversity of the Opera House's offerings.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

I'm starting to get worried now since the ticket sales will open so soon and at this point I have no idea whether I should come or not. Of course I'd love to, but getting to the Channel Islands really seems both time-consuming and expensive. And if I actually can somehow manage the travelling part without having to stay overnight in London at any point, then it would surely make sense to stay for all four concerts. But that again will get pretty expensive...
Now I graduated this spring (edit: actually in August, officially) and that means loads of money (well, from the student perspective anyway) coming from relatives and my parents, but frankly I'd rather save it than spend it on travelling. And then of course the possibility of a London concert at the end of the year needs to be considered. I seriously have no clue what to do. :|

(Everyone is so happy about having numbered seats – I'd much rather queue since then I would stand a chance of getting a good seat even if I'm not among the first ones to buy tickets. :lol:)
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Yep, more time for visits ! :D

Now, who here intends to stay awake all night to watch if the tickets become available online? :lol:
(not me ;) )
Patrick you do not need to stay up late. I mailed the hall in Gurnsey this morning and reserved tickets for both nights. I got already confirmation, I got tickets for the front row on both nights. I will be going to Guernsey only as it is expensive as it is alredey
Johan
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

All tickets bought ! :)

I will be first row almost centred in Guernsey and perfectly centred in Jersey :)
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Am pleased for those who can make the trip to the Channel Islands :) , but for me the trip is just too complicated and expensive. Would love to have gone especially as the venues have bookable, numbered and tiered seats (Important due to my wife having some disabilities). Either island means (for us) car journey and flight with airport parking costs in addition to flight tickets, plus accommodation for 2 nights,and with the short notice of dates right in the middle of the peak holiday season finding suitable accommodation would be difficult. Also car hire in either island (again due to disability). The easiest and cheapest part would be the purchase of the tickets! Almost any of the popular destinations in mainland Europe would be easier and cheaper to get to then the Channel Islands :wink:

Anyway I hope the boys and the audiences have a great time - will wait and hope for an easier theatre style venue in this country - Another Epson would be perfect :D .
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein