USA tour!!! [2011]

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: USA tour!!!

Post by Murkskis »

Excellent pictures, Patrick!

I'm also glad to hear that Libera will be doing some interviews to reach more people. The venues are huge- it's such a great opportunity to get them filled and popularise their music as well :D
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Thank You Patrick, Your amazing when it comes to getting information on Libera!!

As I said before, this will be my first concert (Chicago) quick question though? The meet & greets, is Libera having them? How do I find out where and When they will be held? And how much is it usually to meet them? (Just trying to prepare myself as best as possible)

Future Thanks

Sincerely,
Ania Marie
Last edited by AngeModerne on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Marie
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

AngeModerne wrote:Thank You Patrick, Your amazing when it comes to getting information on Libera!!

As I said before, this will be my first concert (Chicago) quick question though? The meet & greets is Libera having them? How do I find out where and When they will be held? And how much is it usually to meet them? (Just trying to prepare myself as best as possible)

Future Thanks

Sincerely,
Ania Marie

I've never been to a m&g before, but as far as I know they're normally held in another room at the church after the concert, and I believe they're free! No word on whether we'll get lucky this tour, and be able to meet them, but we'll know on the 27th! :D
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Rebecca (: wrote:
AngeModerne wrote:Thank You Patrick, Your amazing when it comes to getting information on Libera!!

As I said before, this will be my first concert (Chicago) quick question though? The meet & greets is Libera having them? How do I find out where and When they will be held? And how much is it usually to meet them? (Just trying to prepare myself as best as possible)

Future Thanks

Sincerely,
Ania Marie

I've never been to a m&g before, but as far as I know they're normally held in another room at the church after the concert, and I believe they're free! No word on whether we'll get lucky this tour, and be able to meet them, but we'll know on the 27th! :D
Thanks Rebecca, (Long time no speak :D ) Oh I had no idea they were free because i thought i read somewhere someone saying they had to pay around $200 to meet libera after a concert? So I just want to make sure so i can get my money ready because money is not excuse when it comes to meeting Libera for me, So Stoked!
Sincerely,
Marie
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

[youtube][/youtube]

I know poor sound quality (it was evident in the original file) and we only see one libera boy lol but we are still feeding on crumbs at the moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point we will get to see their peformances in full via official channels.

P.S. The edit from above is from a news item here that provides a clip. You can download it but it's 358MB and Libera only appears for the 18 seconds shown above.

Thanks for the radio interview news Lauren, hopefully someone will record them, cheers for the pictures Patrick.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

As I said before, this will be my first concert (Chicago) quick question though? The meet & greets, is Libera having them? How do I find out where and When they will be held? And how much is it usually to meet them? (Just trying to prepare myself as best as possible)

Future Thanks

Sincerely,
Ania Marie
Hi Ania Marie

The last “meet and greet” – more accurately described as an autograph or signing session - was in Atlanta last summer. There have been twelve concerts since then. There was a brief photo session in Clifton (Bristol) but, so far, there have been no further ‘meet and greets”. If you go back over the various forums and fan sites you will find much speculation as to why this should be so.

All I can tell you is that the sessions in the US last summer were very well organized. In most cases (the exception was St. Louis where it was held outside) a large separate hall within the church campus/complex had been prepared well in advance with tables, chairs, writing material, refreshments etc. The line-ups were well regulated by church officials and local police provided extra security. There was no charge but the event certainly boosted sales of CDs, T-shirts and other items suitable for signing.

A similar scenario would be difficult if not impossible to achieve in an English Cathedral setting. Likewise most of the church venues in Canada were not suited to such a set up and an outdoor session at close to freezing temperatures would have been out of the question. This is not to mention the hectic schedule of the Canadian Tour where there was little enough free time (or sleep time) as it was.

The US venues are huge. The tour schedule is less hectic. The sessions are probably a headache for the chaperones, but it has been my observation that the boys appear to enjoy them as much the fans.

So perhaps there is some hope.

John
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thank You Jimmy for all the work you are putting in to try and find videos for us all. I and i am sure the rest of the group appreciate it .

By the looks of things we may have more chance of seeing a video from country singer than song of life as he will have a bigger following so news are mentioning him more.
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

john45 wrote:
Hi Ania Marie

The last “meet and greet” – more accurately described as an autograph or signing session - was in Atlanta last summer. There have been twelve concerts since then. There was a brief photo session in Clifton (Bristol) but, so far, there have been no further ‘meet and greets”. If you go back over the various forums and fan sites you will find much speculation as to why this should be so.

The US venues are huge. The tour schedule is less hectic. The sessions are probably a headache for the chaperones, but it has been my observation that the boys appear to enjoy them as much the fans.

So perhaps there is some hope.

John
Oh John your like angel , thank you so much for the break down because i had a million and one questions that you total answered in one go! I was wondering about the canada tour and why there were no "signing/Autograph sessions" I thought maybe they just completely stopped it due to safety issues that were brought up once on the forums but that does make sense that it could just be the venues in Canada weren't suitable enough to host them. But like you said we can only wait and see for their first upcoming concert (Fingers crossed). Thank You Once Again <3

Sincerely,
Ania Marie
Last edited by whitetail1985 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum rule #9 Quotes within quotes
Sincerely,
Marie
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

Lauren wrote:
little-miss-sunshine wrote:Libera is finally coming to Chicago....and I can't go!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Being broke is no fun!
Do you live in Chicago?
I live in the area.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Ahhh, thank you for the pictures fan_de_LoK! How I wish I could go to the Friday concert as well. That cathedral looks beautiful. My mother visited/toured it once when she was much younger. To not only see such a beautiful place but hear beautiful music there is, I dunno, there aren't words for it.

By the by, if/when you get pictures of the Basilica of St. Mary or if/when you just have a look at it can you mentally compare the altar (aka stage) areas? From the pictures I've looked at on the Basilica website the altar/stage area looks kinda small for Libera's choreography and all. I know that I can't glean a whole lot from a picture, and maybe I wasn't even looking at the right area, but I'm curious. The St. Paul Cathedral definitely looks big enough.

Basilica or Cathedral, I can't wait!!!!!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Thank You Jimmy for all the work you are putting in to try and find videos for us all. I and i am sure the rest of the group appreciate it .
No worries, glad to be of service ;) It's just frustrating when we only have these scraps to go off.

dani wrote:By the looks of things we may have more chance of seeing a video from country singer than song of life as he will have a bigger following so news are mentioning him more.
You could be right, and latest Starkey twitter feed doesn't hold out too much hope
We do not have full HD videos of the performances. Come to the Gala next year and see them for yourself.
but maybe a glimmer of hope...
no full videos. just the ones on our #Tout page. We have a few more longer videos that we will be posting on our FB page tonight
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote: latest Starkey twitter feed doesn't hold out too much hope
We do not have full HD videos of the performances. Come to the Gala next year and see them for yourself.
no full videos. just the ones on our #Tout page. We have a few more longer videos that we will be posting on our FB page tonight
So - Libera'has already arranged to come back next year?? :D
Curious that they don't disclose what those few more longer videos are from. We'll know by tonight though.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

LuxVenit wrote:By the by, if/when you get pictures of the Basilica of St. Mary or if/when you just have a look at it can you mentally compare the altar (aka stage) areas? From the pictures I've looked at on the Basilica website the altar/stage area looks kinda small for Libera's choreography and all.
I went to the basilica yesterday and I'm glad to answer you that you are wrong :wink:

The Basilica is very large also. Like St Paul's Cathedral, The stage is 5 steps high from the public level, and the altar (wooden maid) is removable. Behin the altar there is the tabernacle in a big stone made construction, sheltered by a roof supported by four columns. The position of the tabernacle is far from the stage edge so the boys will have a very wide and confortable space to move :)

At the difference of St Paul's Cathedral, the organ seems to be located in front of the public, behind the tabernacle structure.

I took a few photos from the outside, but I took none in the inside, because there were Brothers (from St Vincent de Paul order I think, having white and brown cassocks and tonsure) that were in prayer and I didn't wanted to disturb them acting like a rude tourist.

there was Libera flyers at the side entrance and at the rear of the Basilica :)

(this morning is a première for me, I will ride a Segway in a three hours long visit of Minneapolis :) )
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote: latest Starkey twitter feed doesn't hold out too much hope
So - Libera'has already arranged to come back next year?? :D
Curious that they don't disclose what those few more longer videos are from. We'll know by tonight though.

Too be fair that would depend on so much. All that has probably happened is they got an invite . But i am sure even the show have no idea on dates for next years show and so on. And Libera its always about funding and being in the right place at the right time.

With this not being on tv this really did very little to promote them to a massive u.s audience sadly.

ETA- I am not belittling what they did as it for the boys it was exciting but this event looked better on paper to me then it did in reality .
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:
maartendas wrote: So - Libera'has already arranged to come back next year?? :D
Too be fair that would depend on so much. All that has probably happened is they got an invite . But i am sure even the show have no idea on dates for next years show and so on. And Libera its always about funding and being in the right place at the right time.
Obviously you're right, but like Jimmy said, we're feeding off crumbs ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above