New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

libera36

Post by libera36 »

What's black pudding??
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

Black pudding or blood pudding is an English term for sausage made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.

pig or cow blood mainly

yes we english like blood where vampires!!
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

opps forgot to say the filler is normally so sort of meat
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ugh. I am slightly disgusted :|
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kthomp wrote:hehe

a full english breakfast

scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato sometimes fried bread.

and a cup of tea

very very fatty truckers eat them alot to wake them and feed them for the day so can be found at alot of service stations with cafe's
This is slightly different to the full Irish Breakfast (which is a close cousin of the full English :D ) but not much !

Fried eggs, sausages, rashers, black pudding, white pudding, mushrooms, tomato, fried bread and either soda bread or brown bread and enough tea to sink a battleship :lol:

Fantastic... :wink:
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote:Ugh. I am slightly disgusted :|
:lol: it's not as bad as it sounds.... honestly... it would also nomally have wheat, oats or barley in as well as some herbs and spices.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:enough tea to sink a battleship
My weak, Coke-adapted American stomach would probably give out WELL before that point :D :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:hehe

a full english breakfast

scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato sometimes fried bread.

and a cup of tea

very very fatty truckers eat them alot to wake them and feed them for the day so can be found at alot of service stations with cafe's
Good gosh...we invented the "pop tart"--a kind of pastry thingy for your toaster--to make breakfast quicker and smaller

So the "Full American Breakfast" is something like--
2 pop tarts
1/2 glass of milk

The Full American College Student Breakfast, on the other hand, looks like--
A Hershey's chocolate bar
A bottle of Coke
:D :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hmmm... kjackson, I think most people would add some pure sugar cereal to that and probably not drink milk, but coffee.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:Hmmm... kjackson, I think most people would add some pure sugar cereal to that and probably not drink milk, but coffee.
:lol: of course--

The Full American Breakfast (but this might depend on which part of America you're in)--
1 bowl Reese's Pieces cereal (literally 98% sugar)
In 1/2 bowl whole milk
1 Pop-Tart pastry (optional)
1 piece of toast (optional)
2-5 cups of coffee (adults only)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Wait, what about the doughnuts?? And wouldn't it be 2 or 3 poptarts, not just 1?
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:Wait, what about the doughnuts?? And wouldn't it be 2 or 3 poptarts, not just 1?
Doughnuts are only for things like church camp or Scouts meetings! That's a different kind of "Full American Breakfast" LOL...and maybe it is 2-3 poptarts these days...depends on how much of those pencil shavings--I mean, err, breakfast cereal--people eat ;) :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

True, true, true... I guess the American breakfast really varies... But it usually has no nutritious content whatsoever :lol:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

so in a sumary the english breakfast is very very fatty
and the american breakfast is very very sugary
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

and ok what is white pudding??

have we run out of names for our food lol :D