New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:
Oh, you mean the Amercian version :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :lol: :lol: OUCH! :lol: :lol: so true...
:oops: sorry, just a joke.... couldn't resist it.
LOL but it's so true...we over here are precisely the people who--ACTUAL STORY--walk into a Chinese restaurant, look at the menu, and proceed to ask the waitstaff: "Do you serve American food here or not?"
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:I've never had fish and chips, American or otherwise :D I'm not a fan of fish...
I think "Long John Silvers" over here is an Americanised version of fish and chips...although the "chips" are actually "French fries"...
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

kthomp wrote:i dont drink tea most of my friends and adults i know do though, maybe i shouldnt be english lol i dont follow the traits well
kjackson83 wrote:Earl Grey tastes like dirt--literally...but I could get used to liking it...
<sharp intake of breath> .. Sacrilegious !! :shock: I drink uddles of tea :lol: ... and am particularly fond of a good Earl Grey :wink:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hehe to take the micky out of tea is a sin in the uk
i dont hate it just dont drink it, makes your teeth yellow
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, I've never been there :D My family doesn't fit the American stereotype at all. We never go out to eat, and we only go to fast food restaurants when its positively necessary. Really, the only time we eat at a fast food restaurant is when we are traveling and we stop at a Wendy's for lunch or dinner. McDonald's left my diet a long time ago because my whole family would get sick on the food :shock:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:Well, I've never been there :D My family doesn't fit the American stereotype at all.
Oooh you can say that again: good on you for that--I eat out far too much (symptom of being a grad student :? )

Oh, by the way, for all:
We passed the 7,000 post mark a few posts ago... :!:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Haha, its all the posting we've been doing in the last couple of hours :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
kthomp wrote:i dont drink tea most of my friends and adults i know do though, maybe i shouldnt be english lol i dont follow the traits well
kjackson83 wrote:Earl Grey tastes like dirt--literally...but I could get used to liking it...
<sharp intake of breath> .. Sacrilegious !! :shock: I drink uddles of tea :lol: ... and am particularly fond of a good Earl Grey :wink:
:D I do like Earl Grey, but it truly does taste just like dirt--or just like I always imagined dirt tasting like :lol:
libera36 wrote:Haha, its all the posting we've been doing in the last couple of hours :D
lol a whole bunch...I need to shut up now :!: 637 posts :shock:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

kjackson83 wrote::D I do like Earl Grey, but it truly does taste just like dirt--or just like I always imagined dirt tasting like :lol:
Wait... you like dirt?? If you like Earl Grey and Earl Grey tastes like dirt, then don't you like dirt?? :shock:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:
kjackson83 wrote::D I do like Earl Grey, but it truly does taste just like dirt--or just like I always imagined dirt tasting like :lol:
Wait... you like dirt?? If you like Earl Grey and Earl Grey tastes like dirt, then don't you like dirt?? :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok, ok...it's like "drinkable" dirt--and if you've ever had hot chocolate made out of a little packet of mix (or some diet drink milkshake), you've had "dirt"!!
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

well most of the uk like earl grey so we most all like dirt... bar me yay :)
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:
Oh, but I guess I should say FTR: I don't eat dirt LOL
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Earl Grey is lovely, but my favorite is lady grey. Can't forget rooibos either, nor Prince of Wales, English Breakfast, and Irish Breakfast.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcliffy wrote:Earl Grey is lovely, but my favorite is lady grey. Can't forget rooibos either, nor Prince of Wales, English Breakfast, and Irish Breakfast.
Ok, so someone explain to me: what is a "full English breakfast"?
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hehe

a full english breakfast

scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato sometimes fried bread.

and a cup of tea

very very fatty truckers eat them alot to wake them and feed them for the day so can be found at alot of service stations with cafe's