Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Patrick, you told me the Swan was the place to stay :evil:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:You are probabely refering to these photos I took last year :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Strange to compare that in Asia the boys are asked to encounter the public, doing Meet and greets and so, while in UK they are asked to hide from the public, wearing hoods at the deepest level.... :roll:
I hope this year things will be more open, with maybe an Meet and greet ? :lol: :wink:
ah yes, those are the ones, thanks for the reminder. You'd question the strength of your beer if you came out of that pub, and didn't know anything about Libera lol

Congrats for getting to stay so close to the cathedral. You won't need to rush about now and can enjoy a nice pint (or two) before retiring for the night ;)

I hope Libera do have meet and greet at a UK concert this year, but I feel Arundel might not be the one.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Patrick, you told me the Swan was the place to stay :evil:
:lol: He wants you away for some reason. :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It was in another topic and I exactly wrote :
fan_de_LoK wrote:Nevertheless if you want an hotel recommendation in Arundel, last year I went to "The swan" which was very good :)

Yet I don't know the Quality of St Marys Gate, so I can't recommend it to you Yorkie ! :lol:
Imagine the shower curtain is dirty or something, you had blamed me for having sent you there, I know you ! :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:It was in another topic and I exactly wrote :
fan_de_LoK wrote:Nevertheless if you want an hotel recommendation in Arundel, last year I went to "The swan" which was very good :)

Yet I don't know the Quality of St Marys Gate, so I can't recommend it to you Yorkie ! :lol:
Imagine the shower curtain is dirty or something, you had blamed me for having sent you there, I know you ! :lol:
Well, looking at the website it is not as good as The Swan but it is much cheaper. Also seems to be plenty of availability still.

How much will flights cost you Patrick (or will you take the Eurostar)?

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

........And of course I would blame you if it was rubbish! :wink:
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Well, looking at the website it is not as good as The Swan but it is much cheaper. Also seems to be plenty of availability still.

Glad to know there is availability, so you can choose this hotel by your own if you want :)
Yes, it's cheaper (about 25-30%) than the Swan, and nearer (10 meters vs 500 meters), but also it seems to have lower quality level.... we will see ;)

Yorkie wrote:How much will flights cost you Patrick (or will you take the Eurostar)?
It's an assasination ! :?
- Paris/London and return on Eurostar : about 250 € ! :shock: (the return on sunday is very expensive.... If Libera had announced the concert 1 month earlier, I would have saved 150 €...
- London/Arundel : about 35£

It's cheaper to take Easyjet Paris/Luton + train Luton/Arundel : about 130 € plane + 50£ train.

We (French and Belgian people) are looking about coming by car and ferrys. there is short time to organize all...

A few of us is also planning to leave Arundel early in sunday morning, to have time to reach St Philip for the office at 09h45 :)
Will you join us Yorkie ? :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I might well join you Patrick - we'll see.

It would cost me about £80 to get from where I live by train (via London) but with the price of petrol/gas in the UK at the moment it would cost about the same in petrol. Driving would be slightly quicker, but I hate driving anyway so the train seems a better option.

So you're bringing half of France and Belgium with you then? Lets hope the Japanese fans won't make the trip - I don't fancy having to queue from 06.30!

Mercy & Love
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:The Hotel I was targeting (Ste Mary's Gate) is already full ! :roll:

Too bad, Look how near it is from the Cathedral !! :lol:
Yes that would have been very handy, there should be other places available nearby if you book early.
Great news (for me :lol:) : I have finaly a room At St Marys Gate Inn !! :D
Two month ago I have booked a room at St Marys Gate, being totally blind and not sure at all that Libera will turn back in Arundel this year ! :lol:
So I tried to guess what could be a concert date and I booked a room for two night. I missed the right date by one week !

Yesterday night St Marys Gate seemed to be full when I checked on internet, so I sent them a cancelation email, but tonight they have contacted me saying a room was available for two night, 14 and 15 May ! I took it immediately of course !! :D

JimmyRiddle wrote:I remember the pictures taken last year of the boys walking to the Cathedral in their white monk habits. Not exactly a sight you see everyday lol
You are probabely refering to these photos I took last year :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Strange to compare that in Asia the boys are asked to encounter the public, doing Meet and greets and so, while in UK they are asked to hide from the public, wearing hoods at the deepest level.... :roll:
I hope this year things will be more open, with maybe an Meet and greet ? :lol: :wink:
Guess I should have read this before I sent you my PM today Patrick :oops: . That's great news that you'll get to see Libera again at Arundel 2010 and that you got your room at St. Mary's! I don't know, sure you can handle the tough walk to the cathedral :lol:? Wish I could join you but is too soon for me to make arrangements :( . Hopefully, they will tour again in summertime in UK or possibly US so I could join you then. All of you that are going from the UK and Europe, enjoy Libera and cherish every moment :D !
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

So who is going to Arundel? Perhaps we should organise a meet up and get Patrick to buy us a few beers in that pub of his?

Mercy & Love
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

im going :D in theory anyways, mum agreed to drive me there if we leave earlier than before so we can park, so its almost certain me and my mum shall attend again :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I will go 100%
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

So, we have three confirmed attendees then. Perhaps we'll have to organise a visual signal so we can identify each other. I'll be easy to spot - I'm 6'1'', fat, old, short greying hair, glasses and look a bit like an older version of Mine Akpobome. I'll also be drinking a six pack of Tennants Super :D

Mercy & Love
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

i wish i was going! but i live in the US and high school is finishing up so....EXAMS EXAMS EXAMSSSS.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Concert at 19h15,
Tickets £15 available from the Arundel Tourist Information Office

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialLibera?ref=mf