East Asia Tour - April 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

libera36

Post by libera36 »

Mini-Ben, oh Mini-Ben.... :lol: I think he was doing that for the benefit of his fellow choristers, as you can see them trying not to laugh!

A couple of things:

1. Different Costumes I think this probably means that they will be singing some songs in their hoodies...

2. Hair :lol: I love Liam's and Ralph's haircuts, they are adorable! I wouldn't be surprised though if the state of Josh's hair is a regular topic of conversation in his house... :wink:

3. Tracklist Soloist guesses anybody? Here are mine:
Libera- Stefan or Daniel
Time- Josh and Ben
Sanctus- If there's a solo, Kavana or Stefan
Sanctissima- Ben
Far Away- Ben and Kavana
Salva Me- Stefan
Agnus Dei- Daniel or Stefan
Exsultate- Ben

Mysterium- Ed or Stefan
The Fountain- Ralph
How Can I Keep- Josh
When A Knight- Stefan or James T.
Love and Mercy- Josh
Secret- Ben
Stay With Me- Daniel and Matthew
Deep Peace- Stefan and James T.
How Shall I Sing- Stefan

I'm so glad they are ending with How Shall I Sing. I thought they might, because it ends on a highnote!
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

I wonder who will do the solo part of Ave Verum shared by Joe Platt, Joe Sanders-Wilde, Tom Cully, and Callum Payne.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:
2. Hair :lol: I love Liam's and Ralph's haircuts, they are adorable! I wouldn't be surprised though if the state of Josh's hair is a regular topic of conversation in his house... :wink:
Bloody hippies - look like girls if you ask me. No boy should have hair that covers his ears in my book. Nice short back and sides is what those boys need. I think I might send them some clippers so Mrs G can sort them out on the tour.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

lacrymosa2 wrote:I wonder who will do the solo part of Ave Verum shared by Joe Platt, Joe Sanders-Wilde, Tom Cully, and Callum Payne.
Stefan i am sure will have a part in it. And maybe Kavana.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote:I wonder who will do the solo part of Ave Verum shared by Joe Platt, Joe Sanders-Wilde, Tom Cully, and Callum Payne.
Yeah... Stefan and Mini-Ben for sure... Daniel, maybe and Ed too (if he's there.)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:
Yeah... Stefan and Mini-Ben for sure... Daniel, maybe and Ed too (if he's there.)
I hope he is because it would be a sad way for him to duck out - one last hurrah would be great (even if his hair is rather too long as well).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:
I was thinking along the lines of Ralph, but all good guesses. Keep it up...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Some boys could be missing because of school dont forget, people like Sam, Josh , Ed and maybe Liam are in year 10 so this is first year of there GCSE'S , for Tom it is his final year. By looks of songs Josh is going but some may not be able to get time away.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:
dani wrote: Or maybe they took the bbc review to heart and have got rid of the robes lol :lol:
I cannot imagine that Libera would get rid of the robes...ha ha. I mean, they're such an integral part of Libera's image. Well maybe they will wear something different for some parts...or maybe not...I guess we'll find out soon enough!
It was a joke but i am sure you knew that.

I can only see them changing into there hoodies tho , i dont know what else they could wear. The mind boggles.

Shame they have taken out Sakura.
Yes, yes of course I knew you weren't serious, dani! Lol. And it is too bad that "Sakura" was eliminated. It seems very appropriate, considering their destination! I see that "Prayer" and "May the Road Rise Up" were also eliminated, as well as "Sancte"!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:
Stefan and Kavana seem to be the main top note soloists, along with Matthew. Is the solo bit high? I can't quite recall...But if it's top notes, I'd say Stefan and Kavana for sure, and maybe even Ben and Jakob or Daniel.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

plumpuff6 wrote:
dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:
I cannot imagine that Libera would get rid of the robes...ha ha. I mean, they're such an integral part of Libera's image. Well maybe they will wear something different for some parts...or maybe not...I guess we'll find out soon enough!
It was a joke but i am sure you knew that.

I can only see them changing into there hoodies tho , i dont know what else they could wear. The mind boggles.

Shame they have taken out Sakura.
Yes, yes of course I knew you weren't serious, dani! Lol. And it is too bad that "Sakura" was eliminated. It seems very appropriate, considering their destination! I see that "Prayer" and "May the Road Rise Up" were also eliminated, as well as "Sancte"!
Let us not for get that this setlist is for Korea, and not Japan. Maybe it might be the same, but we will find out two weeks later...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Let us not for get that this setlist is for Korea, and not Japan. Maybe it might be the same, but we will find out two weeks later...[/quote]

They wont add anything as it takes them months to work out the setlist as only kids.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

First of all thanks DearMadine for the Korea setlist and video link

Wow the famous 'I Am The Day' finale gets the sacrificial chop. They must be pretty confident 'How shall I sing that majesty' can achieve the same 'standing ovation' climax.

No Gloria or Sacris Solemnis either.

Now the good points;

It's great that;

a) Angus Dei & Ave Verum makes a long awaited return back to their concert repertoire
b) They have included quite a bit from their new album Peace - what will Exsultate sound and look like? ;)
c) Mysterium still retains it's place. Although they are going to need somebody really, really, really good if Ed's not doing the solo. That boy was oustanding with it at Edinburgh. This song will aways sound and look better in a Church/Cathedral setting, but it should still make a good impact in a large concert venue too.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:First of all thanks DearMadine for the Korea setlist and video link

Wow the famous 'I Am The Day' finale gets the sacrificial chop. They must be pretty confident 'How shall I sing that majesty' can achieve the same 'standing ovation' climax.

No Gloria or Sacris Solemnis either.

Now the good points;

It's great that;

a) Angus Dei & Ave Verum makes a long awaited return back to their concert repertoire
b) They have included quite a bit from their new album Peace - what will Exsultate sound and look like? ;)
c) Mysterium still retains it's place. Although they are going to need somebody really, really, really good if Ed's not doing the solo. That boy was oustanding with it at Edinburgh. This song will aways sound and look better in a Church/Cathedral setting, but it should still make a good impact in a large concert venue too.
Yes Ed and Mysterium was outstanding but by the sounds of it i think Stefan could pull it off.

How Shall we sing Majesty has been getting rave reviews so im glad they close with it as such an amazing solo.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Yes Ed and Mysterium was outstanding but by the sounds of it i think Stefan could pull it off.

How Shall we sing Majesty has been getting rave reviews so im glad they close with it as such an amazing solo.
Yep, Stefan has a great voice, and he'll definately be taking on Ed's role for the powerhouse top solo stuff, but I think he's too young at the moment. The Mysterium that Ed peformed last year, just came at the right time for him, because he had that maturity in his voice but still at a top range. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure it will be a different kind of mysterium, but no less amazing when/if Stefan solo's it. He may have solo support from some other boys.