devil music???????

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kjackson83 wrote: Yessir, Tom, your friend is a little addle-brained!

Yes she sure is. You ought to try working with her. Wow!! :shock: :!:

And yes, music is universal. All denominations can agree with that. Besides, look at the crowd in the vid of the boys before the pope. Everyone was cheering and I noticed several nuns and priests listening very closely to them. Our boys can bring peace and joy to all.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

kjackson83 wrote:but there wasn't an ordeal over an Anglican treble choir singing amidst a sea of Roman Catholic celebrities (oh, and His Holiness, of course). One assumes that Benedict XVI approved, in some manner, of the program...
One would indeed HOPE so... But I seem to remember reading somewhere that the pope didn't arrive until after Libera sang :D

I'm sure the crowd saw the boy's the same way we see them- little angels that sing! Of course, they sing the devil music along with the regular church music they sing at St. Philip's :D
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

<=Proud Roman Catholic and Libera fan!

I found a nice quotation from a book I read concerning some overzealous (or in the book's case over proud) and somewhat narrowminded Christians. Just say to them: "Jesus loves you, <pause> but I'm His favorite!"

Just out of curiousity, what types of music does she listen to, and any specific songs in particular?
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Mathmaniac wrote: Just out of curiousity, what types of music does she listen to, and any specific songs in particular?
I think it would be loosely called Praise Music but of the kind usually sung in AME churches. The kind where the listeners jump up and down screaming Praise Jesus and Halleluia as much as possible. She wanders around work singing those songs. I've been singing May The Road alot to just for the fun of it, and because I like that song.

If I had the extra $50.00, I'd take her to see TSO with me just to see her take on them. :lol:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Don't worry my moms ultra religious too and she called libera's music satanic. Of course she didn't look more into them. She just told me to stop listening to them. What does she know, theres no way I will stop listening to their music.
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

libera36 wrote:Ok... this is a hard one.... Angel's singing the Devil's music?? :D
there are dark angels aswell its mentioned in the bible.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Candid wrote:Don't worry my moms ultra religious too and she called libera's music satanic. Of course she didn't look more into them. She just told me to stop listening to them. What does she know, theres no way I will stop listening to their music.

Play her Abide With Me( Visions and Angel Voices) or Be Still My Soul(Free). Pretty sure she will ask to hear some other stuff as well. Tell her that their director is the Director of Music at Saint Phillips Church and that Libera is also the Boys Choir at the same church. Tell her that RP is a Christian, which shows in his music.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

TEB wrote:If I had the extra $50.00, I'd take her to see TSO with me just to see her take on them. :lol:
Now that would be funny. I might pay just to see her reaction! :lol:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:
Candid wrote:Don't worry my moms ultra religious too and she called libera's music satanic. Of course she didn't look more into them. She just told me to stop listening to them. What does she know, theres no way I will stop listening to their music.

Play her Abide With Me( Visions and Angel Voices) or Be Still My Soul(Free). Pretty sure she will ask to hear some other stuff as well. Tell her that their director is the Director of Music at Saint Phillips Church and that Libera is also the Boys Choir at the same church. Tell her that RP is a Christian, which shows in his music.
I was about to suggest Be Still--also, definitely Sing the Story (if you can find it); Love and Mercy, surely, isn't offensive (??)...
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hmmm... tell her its St. Philip's Boy's Choir, then, let on later that St. Philip's Boy's Choir is the same as Libera :D I mean, obviously its not the same, but for the purpose of.... well.... fun, I don't think they'd mind :D