Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren
Silver Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Lauren »

Szepilona wrote:I GOT THE JOB!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment in this economy! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Congrats Szepilona :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Congratulations
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Thanks everyone!
Lauren wrote:
Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment in this economy! :D
It helped that my 3 older sisters all worked there and one of them just left for university so there was an opening. :) I'm so excited!!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Congratulations to Szepilona! :D

I'm back from a conference. As I work in an international company I had a chance to meet many colleagues from other countries. I had a very good time, because we all sung karaoke after the offical part! As you might imagine it ended very, very late in the night. :wink:
I almost lost my voice, but that's not a problem at all. Because there is nothing to lose :lol:
As one my colleagues even said we were far from singing but rather screaming :roll:
Some of us took some short videos, hopefully these will never pop up...

It's a bit sad to see misunderstandings on the forum lately that are caused by different cultures and wrong interpretations. Unfortunately Google Translator can heat this up even more sometimes.(by providing completely wrong translations :( )
It keeps ignoring the context. It can't translate jokes (especialy from one culture into another), but only the words.
And it will never add an insight on history or specific background.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Murkskis wrote:Congratulations to Szepilona! :D

I'm back from a conference. As I work in an international company I had a chance to meet many colleagues from other countries. I had a very good time, because we all sung karaoke after the offical part! As you might imagine it ended very, very late in the night. :wink:
I almost lost my voice, but that's not a problem at all. Because there is nothing to lose :lol:
As one my colleagues even said we were far from singing but rather screaming :roll:
Some of us took some short videos, hopefully these will never pop up...

It's a bit sad to see misunderstandings on the forum lately that are caused by different cultures and wrong interpretations. Unfortunately Google Translator can heat this up even more sometimes.(by providing completely wrong translations :( )
It keeps ignoring the context. It can't translate jokes (especialy from one culture into another), but only the words.
And it will never add an insight on history or specific background.
Yay for karaoke instead of Google Translator :wink: :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Woohoo! We finally got water back in our house :D Just in time for school, which starts tomorrow! Due to the drought here, there's been hundreds of water pipes bursting all over the city. Our street had one of the worst they'd seen, and it was so bad that our water pressure dropped to 0! It finally got fixed, which is great! We were also on the news 3 times in the past two days, since we'd been using the water from the broken pipe to water people's yards and such :D So glad it's all over now, though! It feels great to shower again :lol: Hope everyone else is keeping cool this summer!
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Rebecca (: wrote:Woohoo! We finally got water back in our house :D Just in time for school, which starts tomorrow! Due to the drought here, there's been hundreds of water pipes bursting all over the city. Our street had one of the worst they'd seen, and it was so bad that our water pressure dropped to 0! It finally got fixed, which is great! We were also on the news 3 times in the past two days, since we'd been using the water from the broken pipe to water people's yards and such :D So glad it's all over now, though! It feels great to shower again :lol: Hope everyone else is keeping cool this summer!
Well I'm glad it's fixed now! You start school tomorrow? I start Thursday! :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Szepilona wrote:Well I'm glad it's fixed now! You start school tomorrow? I start Thursday! :D
Thanks! I am as well :D yep! :? I'm kinda nervous... okay, more like super terrified! Gonna be a freshman this year.. haha. Awesome! So you still have 3 more days of freedom :lol:
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Szepilona wrote:Well I'm glad it's fixed now! You start school tomorrow? I start Thursday! :D
Thanks! I am as well :D yep! :? I'm kinda nervous... okay, more like super terrified! Gonna be a freshman this year.. haha. Awesome! So you still have 3 more days of freedom :lol:
Freshman year isn't that bad...you'll be fine! Who knows, maybe you'll find another Libera Fan!! :D How big is your school?
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

Hello! Image
It is there to talk about nonsense, without risk of being banned? Image
Murkskis wrote:As one my colleagues even said we were far from singing but rather screaming
I give you a few voice lessons, then no one would dare accuse you of something like that, agreed? Image
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

sf@gnum wrote:.. without risk of being banned
Hm, the forum rules also apply here :roll:
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

viabuona wrote:Hm, the forum rules also apply here
Well, that's understandable. I mean that there is no specific theme, and can not deviate from it in this way. Is this true? Image
What did you think? Image

I can tell you how I went yesterday to the farm, helping a friend. It was fun, there are cute little pigs Image
How we rescued the cat from death.
As all night played (on guitar and harmonica). Image
And completely sober Image

But if it's not interesting, I can just say nothing. "Silence is gold" Image
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

No, you're right ;) This place of the forum is to talk about what is going on in your life right now.
Tell us more about your experience with the pigs and rescuing the cat! :D (you're a hero :))
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

not ready for school tomorrow... :(