Live at Arundel - The concert in May 2009

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Song you'd like most to hear at Arundel?

Locus iste
5%
Adoramus
No votes
Love and Mercy
No votes
Always With You
14%
Libera
No votes
Salva Me
No votes
You Were There
19%
How Can I Keep From Singing?
33%
...something else (indicate in reply)
29%

Total votes: 21

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:also does anyone have sacris solemnis or mysterium they could send me? id love to have them on my ipod but cant get them from itunes!
Email me and i can send you them as i have them. They are from Luminosa and Libera Album
spectator

Post by spectator »

The French Libera Fan Site www.libera-dream.infos.st have created a Special News page on Arundel 2009, with new pictures and files ! :)
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

spectator wrote:The French Libera Fan Site www.libera-dream.infos.st have created a Special News page on Arundel 2009, with new pictures and files ! :)
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/libera-drea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... s0905.html

wow they have mp3 of Sakura and May the Road Rise Up 8)
thank you spectator for the wonderful info!
Last edited by dearmadine on Mon May 11, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

danieb88 wrote:Stay With Me - after the reviews from california about daniel not being so good at this song, my expectations were low but he absolutely blew me away! i though he did a great job on it, getting stronger as the song went on!
Maybe after the nerve wracking ordeal of having to sing live infront of 1000's in Japan and California, he thought 400 inside an English Cathedral was no problem lol - actually those were pretty big audiences that some of the new boys had to sing infront of to say they were their first concerts. They'll be pro's in no time at all :) Thanks for the thoughts on the concert, looks like everyone is glad they went. Even the one's who were dragged along lol
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dearmadine wrote:
spectator wrote:The French Libera Fan Site www.libera-dream.infos.st have created a Special News page on Arundel 2009, with new pictures and files ! :)
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/libera-drea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... s0905.html

wow they have mp3 of Sakura and May the Road Rise Up 8)
thank you spectator for the wonderful info!
I see what other's have said about Flynn, he has a beautiful voice. Very clear and sweet.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I love Flynn's voice!! Its sooooo sweet. A little bit like Josh's, but still young and pure. Not that Josh's voice isn't young and pure, but it has a mature quality to it now... It actually sounds quite similar to Liam O'Kane's voice... Anyone else think so??
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Tom and all the boys seem to be very relaxed in the video. Flynn did a great job in "May the road rise up".
:D Ann
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

:D the mp3s are awesome--thousands of thanks to whoever made those available...and the pictures are funny, too--this one looks like he's got his proverbial 'game face' on.
spectator

Post by spectator »

lol !
To me it's a "do-one-more-step-and-I'll-destroy-you" stare ! :lol:
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

kjackson83 wrote:
:D the mp3s are awesome--thousands of thanks to whoever made those available...and the pictures are funny, too--this one looks like he's got his proverbial 'game face' on.
I love Stefan's 'game face'. :lol: :lol:

My heart also goes out to Tom when I read in Danie's review that he was miming during 'Far Away'.

Ann
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcenrt wrote:My heart also goes out to Tom when I read in Danie's review that he was miming during 'Far Away'.
I hope very much that they've been working with him to get him through this transitive period...that's got to be so hard; losing something you love permanently...the focus for the group is probably moving forward and figuring out who's who in the shuffle, but I hope and assume they're still working with Tom to transition him into the next phase in his association with the group.

He's literally moved mountains for them--I hope no one ever forgets that.
Last edited by kjackson83 on Mon May 11, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marky
Location: England - VERY Great Britain! enough of the not-so's

Post by Marky »

danieb88 wrote:we ended up stood behind Stefans family so I had a lovely chat with his mum about what its like having a son in libera and how proud she was of him - it was really nice!
hehe, we were not far in front of you, if I had known I would have said hi lol

I won't write a full review or anything of the sort but I will say I had a wonderful time. The biggest memory that I will take away from Arundel (apart from the full English breakfast at the 'Swan' Hotel!) is seeing Tom Cully's face, especially during what would have been his solos - I could have cried during 'You Were There' thinking what could have been going through his mind as he took the lower voice parts (as he did with all the songs) as Josh sang what would have been his solo. The song is poignant enough as it is. He did though look very happy at the end of the performance, and we should all be thankful that his wonderful treble voice lasted as long as it did - what is he 14? wow. He has a brilliant future ahead of him, and hopefully many more years in Libera. Now, roll on Dublin....
'Far away beyond the sky'
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Yeah, Flynn's sweet voice sounds like a cross between Josh's and Liam O'Kane's. Anyway, dani or kthomp, who sang the first lines of Sakura. Was it a group or was there a soloist? It sounds lovely as short as it is.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Thanks a million to everyone for providing reports, analysis and videos of the Arundel concert. I seems to have been a great success and it's nice to hear that Tom was in attendance.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

thier was a group who sang the first verse of sakura
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.