Libera - Japan Tour - April 2009

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

libera36

Post by libera36 »

LoL have you seen Tom? Tom is very arrogent and that comes across in interviews.
I don't think he's arrogant. He's a joker, and he's confident in himself and he's happy with his achievements, but I don't think arrogant is the right word.
In the interview on the DVD, if Tom was truly arrogant he wouldn't have been able to say that everybody in Libera was equal and that nobody judges anybody else on how many solos they do. I think he honestly knows that Libera wouldn't be the same without every other person. They all contribute.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:
LoL have you seen Tom? Tom is very arrogent and that comes across in interviews.
I don't think he's arrogant. He's a joker, and he's confident in himself and he's happy with his achievements, but I don't think arrogant is the right word.
In the interview on the DVD, if Tom was truly arrogant he wouldn't have been able to say that everybody in Libera was equal and that nobody judges anybody else on how many solos they do. I think he honestly knows that Libera wouldn't be the same without every other person. They all contribute.

Thats sweet to say but i know people that talk to him and stuff and he is very arrogent and im not the only fan to think this . Does that make him a bad person ? .... No of course not , its natural as he is a 14 year year old good looking boy who has charm to burn. He totally loves being front and center and as i said it will be intresting to see what he now does as his voice has broken.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

No, don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think "arrogant" isn't quite the right word. I've spent quite a bit of time with boys Tom's age and all of them are self-centered and overly confident, etc.... Its only intensified when the boy is good looking, talented and, in Tom's case, successful. I have a feeling that, as he gets older, he'll lose some of the "arrogance"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:No, don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think "arrogant" isn't quite the right word. I've spent quite a bit of time with boys Tom's age and all of them are self-centered and overly confident, etc.... Its only intensified when the boy is good looking, talented and, in Tom's case, successful. I have a feeling that, as he gets older, he'll lose some of the "arrogance"
I couldnt agree more :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

To be honest, it amazes me how self centered my brothers and their friends are. Even though one is older than Tom is and the other is younger, they still have this funny thing about them. Its almost like I'm supposed to readily accept how amazing they are (or at least in their minds...) and if I don't, well then, they have to do something quite amazing to convince me.... Ahh... the joys of boys :wink:
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

dani wrote:
libera36 wrote:No, don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think "arrogant" isn't quite the right word. I've spent quite a bit of time with boys Tom's age and all of them are self-centered and overly confident, etc.... Its only intensified when the boy is good looking, talented and, in Tom's case, successful. I have a feeling that, as he gets older, he'll lose some of the "arrogance"
I couldnt agree more :D
I Agree with both of you :lol: and I also think that arrogance is the wrong word here. I all of the media I have watched of Tom whether be singing or in interviews he has never given off an air of arrogance. I think he has belief in himself, yes and there is nowt wrong with that !! Good luck to the young man.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:To be honest, it amazes me how self centered my brothers and their friends are. Even though one is older than Tom is and the other is younger, they still have this funny thing about them. Its almost like I'm supposed to readily accept how amazing they are (or at least in their minds...) and if I don't, well then, they have to do something quite amazing to convince me.... Ahh... the joys of boys :wink:
LoL to be fair i have a 30 year old brother and he is still like that, thinks he is gods gift and at least your boys have a chance to change, my bro tho i think thats pretty much him now.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Haha, well, I think my brothers will grow out of it, as I'm sure Tom will.
I Agree with both of you Laughing and I also think that arrogance is the wrong word here. I all of the media I have watched of Tom whether be singing or in interviews he has never given off an air of arrogance. I think he has belief in himself, yes and there is nowt wrong with that !! Good luck to the young man.
I just looked up the definition of arrogant: "Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance." Tom has a displayed not an overbearing self-worth, but a comfortable self-worth.... So, combined with the age and the nature of the situation, I declare him quite average :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Haha, well, I think my brothers will grow out of it, as I'm sure Tom will.
I Agree with both of you Laughing and I also think that arrogance is the wrong word here. I all of the media I have watched of Tom whether be singing or in interviews he has never given off an air of arrogance. I think he has belief in himself, yes and there is nowt wrong with that !! Good luck to the young man.
I just looked up the definition of arrogant: "Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance." Tom has a displayed not an overbearing self-worth, but a comfortable self-worth.... So, combined with the age and the nature of the situation, I declare him quite average :D

Well i will hold my judgement to see if he contintues at the back for Libera. I think if he can be a lower voice for the next year it will do him the world of good. But as i said im not sure if he has it in him.
musey_na

Post by musey_na »

The Japanese blogger, Mimi yori Usagi, whom I asked about Stefan's identity, has very graciously uploaded a bigger version of his picture and info, just to make sure:

http://hamoblo.com/littlerabbit/index.p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... tryId=1305

As for Tom's involvement, how is it anyone's business what he may or may not be doing? How is it anyone's business if he "has it in him" to be a lower voice in Libera? Can't he have other things in his life? Besides, don't you find it inappropriate for us to be posting anonymously on an online forum, discussing and judging the supposed personality flaws of a 14-year-old? He's given six, seven years of his life to this group and made an enormous contribution to it, so give him a break already.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dearmadine wrote: after the cherish concert (it was really crowded), josh had a 1,000 yen bill (10USD) in his hand to imply 'please donate money' message. if someone handed changes, josh gave them "jokative" smile and gave them back the changes (a cute way to imply 'dude, open your wallet' i guess lol) and if someone handed 10,000 yen bill (100USD) josh gave them 'ohh you are amazing' smile and gave them hand shakes with both hands.

haha these boys know how to raise money ;)
Thanks. :lol: If I ever need to raise money, I know who to call! :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

musey_na wrote:The Japanese blogger, Mimi yori Usagi, whom I asked about Stefan's identity, has very graciously uploaded a bigger version of his picture and info, just to make sure:

http://hamoblo.com/littlerabbit/index.p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... tryId=1305

As for Tom's involvement, how is it anyone's business what he may or may not be doing? How is it anyone's business if he "has it in him" to be a lower voice in Libera? Can't he have other things in his life? Besides, don't you find it inappropriate for us to be posting anonymously on an online forum, discussing and judging the supposed personality flaws of a 14-year-old? He's given six, seven years of his life to this group and made an enormous contribution to it, so give him a break already.
He is in the public eye and so people are interested . If you dont want to be famous then dont join a famous choir. When you are in the public eye people have opnions and last time i checked this was a forum so we are here to talk about them.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hey, hey, hey, lets not get in an argument please?? Whether or not Tom returns to Libera is not any of our business, nor is the reason behind his decision, be it to stay or to go. Nobody was saying that Tom had personality flaws. I've never even met Tom and only somebody who knew Tom very well could really judge his personality. If Tom chooses to leave Libera, I will be sorry to see him go, but I know that he and his family will do whats best for them. If he chooses to stay, I'll enjoy watching him sing with Libera until he does choose to leave.

Lets consider this part of our conversation closed :wink:

On the topic of Stefan Leadbeater: I can't really tell if it was him in the You Were There recording or not. His hair looks darker in the picture than the boy's in the recording.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

libera36 wrote:Hey, hey, hey, lets not get in an argument please?? Whether or not Tom returns to Libera is not any of our business, nor is the reason behind his decision, be it to stay or to go. Nobody was saying that Tom had personality flaws. I've never even met Tom and only somebody who knew Tom very well could really judge his personality. If Tom chooses to leave Libera, I will be sorry to see him go, but I know that he and his family will do whats best for them. If he chooses to stay, I'll enjoy watching him sing with Libera until he does choose to leave.

Lets consider this part of our conversation closed :wink:

On the topic of Stefan Leadbeater: I can't really tell if it was him in the You Were There recording or not. His hair looks darker in the picture than the boy's in the recording.
yes fans you guys are fans of libera and so am i and ples dot make this hard on the boys that was in japan and ples dot make this hard on them ok from jenna
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

libera36 wrote:On the topic of Stefan Leadbeater: I can't really tell if it was him in the You Were There recording or not. His hair looks darker in the picture than the boy's in the recording.
The boy in the video looks exactly like the one in the picture. Anyway, hair color sometimes changes depending on the lighting. I was happy to read that so many new boys got their first solos. And it is interesting to know that Stefan is doing a lot of the high notes.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall