What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Josh's voice in New Dawn is perfect for Suo Gan.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, it would! Ed's voice would be nice too, with the smooth quality it has on In Paradisum and Glory to Thee My God.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

dillonryan wrote:
libera36 wrote:I'd like to hear them sing Suo Gan!
I agree 100% Suo Gan is a wonderful song and I think Libera's voices would be perfect for it. I acually first heard this song in a movie I saw in Chinese class, Empire of the Sun. The first of the links below is a scene from that movie. It is my favorite scene and many others' favorite as well. The second link below is a version of Suo Gan done by the Choir of Kings College.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_T8ssB_28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9uyA0wVIA

I would also like to apologize for not being very active in the past few months. I have been extremely busy with school and such.
Hi Dillon - Thanks for the links... this is the first time that I have heard Suo Gan and it is very beatiful.... curiously, it sounds Welsh :oops: but it must be another language. Any idea what it is?
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

This morning in church we sang a song I thought it is slowly and maby good for treblesinging
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
I have a maker is on youtube in other version to so see!
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

worshipper28 wrote:This morning in church we sang a song I thought it is slowly and maby good for treblesinging
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
I have a maker is on youtube in other version to so see!
Beautiful song, I have never heard it before. Thanks for sharing :)
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I really, really, really want them to do Amazing Grace again..... purely for selfish reasons; it's my all time favourite hymn. Always was, always will be.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

In 1990 they song Amzing Grace
http://www.libera-voices.org/audio/spbc211.wax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Jude Andrew wrote:
dillonryan wrote:
libera36 wrote:I'd like to hear them sing Suo Gan!
Hi Dillon - Thanks for the links... this is the first time that I have heard Suo Gan and it is very beatiful.... curiously, it sounds Welsh :oops: but it must be another language. Any idea what it is?
It is Welsh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suo_Gan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'd like to hear them sing some Simon and Garfunkle or old folk songs. I think they'd sound great singing "Little Sparrow", "All My Trials", "Bridge Over Troubled Waters", "Lemon Tree", "Turn, Turn, Turn".
Marky
Location: England - VERY Great Britain! enough of the not-so's

Post by Marky »

A Christmas album? Did 'Angel Voices III' go unnoticed? I may be a little on the cynical side but Christmas albums are generally a cheap way of cashing in on the season, and where-as I'm sure the current Libera line up would produce a cracking one, I really hold the boys in greater musical respect. Now, when Libera do something a little different....like 'Love and Mercy' THAT'S when I really start to get exited (and it still upholds their Christian faith). It's also when others start to take note and a new fan base gets developed. So more like this please! I really rather enjoyed the 'Vienna Boys Choir goes POP', but generally pop songs are more 'miss' that 'hit' with most choirs and need special selection and adaptation...back to 'Love and Mercy' again. Oh look, I've managed to avoid answering the question...! :)
'Far away beyond the sky'
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Marky wrote:A Christmas album? Did 'Angel Voices III' go unnoticed? I may be a little on the cynical side but Christmas albums are generally a cheap way of cashing in on the season, and where-as I'm sure the current Libera line up would produce a cracking one, I really hold the boys in greater musical respect. Now, when Libera do something a little different....like 'Love and Mercy' THAT'S when I really start to get exited (and it still upholds their Christian faith). It's also when others start to take note and a new fan base gets developed. So more like this please! I really rather enjoyed the 'Vienna Boys Choir goes POP', but generally pop songs are more 'miss' that 'hit' with most choirs and need special selection and adaptation...back to 'Love and Mercy' again. Oh look, I've managed to avoid answering the question...! :)
Bahaha--I LOVE your 'location', Mark! It also occurs to me that mine reads like one of those 'not-so's'...but it's not. Someplace on here is the thread where kthomp and I got into a lively talk about Rule, Britannia...good to see somebody from over there has some national pride!
Marky

Post by Marky »

kjackson83 wrote: Bahaha--I LOVE your 'location', Mark! It also occurs to me that mine reads like one of those 'not-so's'...but it's not. Someplace on here is the thread where kthomp and I got into a lively talk about Rule, Britannia...good to see somebody from over there has some national pride!
Hehe...I'll be up to speed soon! (Newbie excuse)
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hey i dont mind great britan i think it has alot tobe proud of but sometimes i think people havent realised modern england is not what you read about in holiday brochures lol :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Marky

Post by Marky »

kthomp wrote:... but sometimes i think people havent realised modern england is not what you read about in holiday brochures lol :D
This is certainly true - I can't remember the last time I saw a bowler hat, or a bicycle riding Vicar! :lol:

Back on track (apologies for the diversion!) I have at last thought of a couple of songs which would be ideal for Libera -

'I Believe'. It was writen/performed by Steven Gately for the Billy Elliot movie. Libera would make magic of the harmonies
'The Wind' by Cat Stevens. In fact I can think of at least half a dozen songs by Cat Stevens that would work beautifully.

Mark :wink:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

dont know or cant rememeber weather this has been meantioned but
"The lord is my shepard"
:D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.