introduce yourselves

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

sangerknaben

Post by sangerknaben »

Hi Mark, always good to meet another fan. I'm not English but I am an Anglophile. I hope to get there some day.
check out http://www.sangerknaben.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to talk about boy choir music and boy singers.
Marky
Location: England - VERY Great Britain! enough of the not-so's

Post by Marky »

Thanks Larry, I'll check your blog with great interest, and glad to hear that Libera made such an impression on you when you saw them live. I have four weeks to wait until I see my first live show at Arundel Cathedral. Funnily enough I used to live just around the corner from their church in Norbury, and now I find myself booking flights to see them abroad (well, Dublin is kind of abroad!)

Newbie Mark :wink:
'Far away beyond the sky'
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Hey, welcome guys. Glad you could find us and join us.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EC Libera88

Hi.. Let me introduce myself

Post by EC Libera88 »

I am elp of the Philippines... and I became a Libera fan when I heard the song AVE MARIA last 4 weeks ago; probably that was 2nd week of April 2009...
Last edited by EC Libera88 on Fri May 08, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjackson83

Re: Hi.. Let me introduce myself

Post by kjackson83 »

EC Libera88 wrote:I am elp of Philippines... and I became a Libera fan when I heard the song AVE MARIA last 4 weeks ago probably that was 2 week of April 2009...
Greetings--we're glad to have you with us!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Yes indeed, you are more than welcome here. Good to see another fan from the Philippines.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

From artus:
artus wrote:Just a quick note to say Hi. My family are all Libera fans from Down Under. about 5 years ago I saw this boys group singing sort of new wave music on a pop music video channel and thought wow that was different (It was "Stay with me" by the way) . Then a few months later I saw the same video, noted the name of the group, and searched them on Google. The first song I came upon was Sanctus and I was blown away. So I then shared my "discovery" with the family, and now we are all Libera fans, especially my 12 year old daughter, who has adopted England as her second home. She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!)

We would love to see them live, but the record moguls have decided at this stage not to share Libera to the rest of NZ, so you can't even buy a CD here! Libera are one of those best kept secrets. Of course I do my bit and I am always proclaiming their abilities and introducing their music to family and acquaintances. Actually there are a lot of us who can appreciate great music, and not only rugby and sheep. It's nice to note the New Zealand connection with Kiwis Fiona Pears, the violinist who appears on their DVD and Hailey Westenra who has sung with them and Ian Tilley their producer who spends some time in NZ every year.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

artus wrote:So I then shared my "discovery" with the family, and now we are all Libera fans, especially my 12 year old daughter, who has adopted England as her second home. She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!).
Haha, me too. I long for the moment when I can go and visit England. Then after that, I'll start making my plans for living somewhere around Nobury.... :wink: Welcome to the forum artus!
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

Welcome to the forum, artus and EC Libera88! You'll have a good time here. :D

Rich
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Greetings, I have signed on to this forum for a few weeks now, but never introduced myself. So, my name is Ann and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. During November, the weather here is a bit like London (grey and wet, lots of rain), but otherwise it is beautiful when the sun is out. We have the mountain and the water, and winter is usually not too cold (we love to bug our cousins on the East Coast that we are able to ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon). I have discovered Libera at the beginning of this year and fell in love with their voices. Looking forward to know more about this group and hope to share with you all our common interest.

Ann
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

tcenrt wrote:Greetings, I have signed on to this forum for a few weeks now, but never introduced myself. So, my name is Ann and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. During November, the weather here is a bit like London (grey and wet, lots of rain), but otherwise it is beautiful when the sun is out. We have the mountain and the water, and winter is usually not too cold (we love to bug our cousins on the East Coast that we are able to ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon). I have discovered Libera at the beginning of this year and fell in love with their voices. Looking forward to know more about this group and hope to share with you all our common interest.

Ann
Nice to formally meet you Ann, you are very welcome to our little community and we look forward to your continued input.

Take Care

Jude
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

Welcome to the forum, Ann! :D

Rich
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Hi Andy, nice to have you join us here at our little community. I hope that you get as much out of it as the rest of us do.

Jude.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Greetings, Ann and Andy, and welcome to the family...
Yorkie wrote: I have the fortune to be living in the UK (really people, I just fear that you might be a little disappointed when you finally make it over here).
You're throwing cups of water at a blazing building ;) :D
Yorkie wrote:At the moment I'm wondering if I might go to see the guys perform in Edinburgh, but I'm worried that as a single guy that might be seen as a bit creepy!
:D if anyone has a way to make that too-common feeling less awkward, I'm listening...

And welcome!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Yorkie wrote:At the moment I'm wondering if I might go to see the guys perform in Edinburgh, but I'm worried that as a single guy that might be seen as a bit creepy!
Your post seems to have disappeared Yorkie (love that name).

nonsense, it wouldn't be a problem. I doubt they'd think it creepy unless you asked for an autograph from say, a single boy. To just go and see them would/should be fine, even if you get all their auto's. Go ahead and go see them and welcome to the forum.