Libera - Japan Tour - April 2009

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun... But Ed was sick on the US tour last year, and the rest of the boys didn't seem to catch it. That we could see, anyway.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I just watched the live television performance that they did. Stupid me, I tried to capture the feed and the sound, but for some reason, the video capture software I used didn't capture the sound. I think my settings were wrong.

Anyway, about the performance. There were eight boys who performed. Alex, Sam, Josh, Ed, Liam, miniBen, Zack, and a new boy. Maybe it's Stephen Leadbeater?

They first sang You Were There. Josh did the solo, and yes, his voice is still beautiful as ever. After the song, they were interviewed. Josh did most of the talking, but Liam and Ben talked too. MiniBen, Liam, and Josh were seated, sandwiched between the hosts and the translator. Which made it very funny because they had to keep moving their heads left and right to listen to the translator and then talk to the hosts. The others stood at the back.

They talked about their songs being a mix of religious hymns and also pop ones. They talked about their robes, that there were 22 boys on tour but that they are 40-strong back home. Liam's talking voice is really really deep. Near the end, they were interviewed while a video of Far Away (Michael's solo) was played and they also talked about Far Away.

Here are some screen shots I managed to take.

I really apologize for failing to capture the video. I know there were other fans who saw it, I hope they upload the video to YouTube so you all can hear Josh's solo in You Were There.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

And there's another blog here: http://fromsky.exblog.jp/10020443/

If I've understood the rough translation correctly, our mystery soloist is...............

Kavana!

I think he sang Always with You with Alex.

Anyway, I hope we get a better translation of this than what Google provides.

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

More screen shots from this French forum: http://libera-dream.exprimetoi.net/disc ... 247-25.htm

musey_na

Post by musey_na »

Thanks for the link!

The blog entry mentioned the following soloists:

Far away - Mini-Ben
Love & mercy - Josh alone (harmony by Liam and Ed)
Sancte - Liam
Secret - Josh
Salva Me - Stefan (sp.?)
Always with You - Alex & Kavana
I am the Day - Josh and Sam
May the Road - Flynn
Prayer - Freddie & James M.
You Were There - Josh
Mysterium - Ed
Sacris Solemnis - Josh solo, harmony by Ed & Liam
Stay with Me - Daniel, Liam
Going Home - Josh solo, harmony by Mini-Ben and Ed
Libera - Liam
Last edited by musey_na on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Thanks very much for the information Carina, way cool.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, thanks Carina - much appreciated. Can't wait to see the video of the song and interview. These things have a habbit of finding their way on youtube eventually.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

musey_na wrote:Thanks for the link!

The blog entry mentioned the following soloists:

Far away - Mini-Ben
Love & mercy - Josh alone (harmony by Liam and Ed)
Sancte - Liam
Secret - Josh
Salva Me - Stefan (sp.?)
Always with You - Alex & Kavana
I am the Day - Josh and Sam
May the Road - Flynn
Prayer - Freddie & James M.
You Were There - Josh
Mysterium - Ed
Sacris Solemnis - Josh solo, harmony by Ed & Liam
Stay with Me - Daniel, Liam
Going Home - Josh solo, harmony by Mini-Ben and Ed
Libera - Liam

Oh my gosh, you guys that are going to california are going to get a good show!! Alex and Kavana doing solos on Always With You. Maybe Alex sang the words and Kavana hit all the top notes?? Flynn singing May The Road Rise Up, Freddie and James M. on Prayer, Daniel on Stay With Me.... All the little boys are singing solos!!! Watching Freddie and James M. sing Prayer must have absolutely adorable... The pair of them are so cute! Thank you everybody for translating :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

carina_gino20 wrote: Anyway, about the performance. There were eight boys who performed. Alex, Sam, Josh, Ed, Liam, miniBen, Zack, and a new boy. Maybe it's Stephen Leadbeater?
I think its Thomas Studdard, but I'm not sure... Little boys grow up fast.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote: Anyway, about the performance. There were eight boys who performed. Alex, Sam, Josh, Ed, Liam, miniBen, Zack, and a new boy. Maybe it's Stephen Leadbeater?
I think its Thomas Studdard, but I'm not sure... Little boys grow up fast.

And we have a winner lol , it is Thomas :)

Thanks for all the info on who sings what, what an exciting time for Libera fans what with all the new boys getting solos.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Another Japanese fan blog here http://hamoblo.com/littlerabbit/index.p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... tryId=1297

Looks like someone managed to take a picture of them rehearsing their song which they performed on the TV show. Still eagerly awaiting a better quality copy of this. I've seen a low quality version, but it's all out of sync and you wouldn't want to put in on youtube. Josh looks like he did a great solo though.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Where'd you see it JimmyRiddle?? Low quality is better than nothing, but hopefully something much better will turn up. I'm a little bit confused though, why they picked Thomas Studdard to go on the show, but then again, maybe a bunch of boys caught Kavana's cold.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Where'd you see it JimmyRiddle?? Low quality is better than nothing, but hopefully something much better will turn up. I'm a little bit confused though, why they picked Thomas Studdard to go on the show, but then again, maybe a bunch of boys caught Kavana's cold.
I have also just seen a very poor copy of it, lol so bad the picture is upside down but at least i could hear it. Josh does quite well on the song but he simply does not have that strong of a voice i find.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Josh's voice has a very innocent, sweet quality whereas Tom's voice was a little bit stronger and I know it sounds kind of funny, but I think Tom's voice sounds more opinionated... But its probably just me. :D Dani, where did you see the video?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Josh's voice has a very innocent, sweet quality whereas Tom's voice was a little bit stronger and I know it sounds kind of funny, but I think Tom's voice sounds more opinionated... But its probably just me. :D Dani, where did you see the video?
It was on another forum

http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/4M17LD5C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;