Libera - Japan Tour - April 2009

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for posting the set list. I assume they'll perform the same songs in the US (save for Sakura, Sakura).

Based on my program from last year, it seems the new songs for this tour are Sancte, Secret, Prayer, May the Road Rise Up, Mysterium, You Were There and How Can I Keep From Singing.

The songs cut from last year's performances will be Ave Maria, Glory to Thee My God This Night, Rest in Peace, I Vow to Thee My Country, When a Knight Won His Spurs and Lacrymosa.

I'm surprised that Glory (Ed) and Lacrymosa (Ben) were cut and Always With You (Tom) was kept.
In any event I am counting down the days until I can head to California and see Libera in concert again.
musey_na

Post by musey_na »

A blog entry from another Japanese fan, who went to their April 8 show in Tokyo.

http://mamakobuta.blog92.fc2.com/blog-entry-121.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with autographed photos!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Great find ;) - They must have commissioned some new photo's for their Japanese tour. I know we keep saying it like a broken record, but they all look so much older now - especially Josh and Jonathan. I think this is a selection, I’m guessing some of the new boys also got their pictures included.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

musey_na wrote:A blog entry from another Japanese fan, who went to their April 8 show in Tokyo.

http://mamakobuta.blog92.fc2.com/blog-entry-121.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with autographed photos!
How come in England we never get this promo photos of them? ? Seems really weird they seem to put more effort into Japan than England. And what is up with Ed that picture is shocking? i know some boys like to look messy and unkept but being in Libera you would think it would be frowned upon to look like he just woke up.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well they do pay upto £40-£60 a ticket to watch their concerts in Japan, so I would think the fans expect something a little more substantial in pre-concert literature, than the usual 2-sheets of stapled A4 paper they normally hand out, when you attend a church concert in England.

Ed's picture doesn't bother me, it wouldn't be Ed if he didn't look a little untidy. His hair as always appeared a bit untamed.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

musey_na wrote:A blog entry from another Japanese fan, who went to their April 8 show in Tokyo.

with autographed photos!
aww she said Kavana was coughing, shaking his little body every time he coughs, wiping his nose with the sleeves of his white robe :( I guess night time at Tokyo was a bit chilly for him. hopefully Kavana's condition gets better soon!!

the original composer of Far Away and You Were There, Takatsugu Muramatsu played piano for those songs!! awesome.

During the no-picture autograph session, she had to choose a line between older boys and younger boys. She went on line for 6 older boys (she didnt have time to get autographs from younger boys).

Josh was of course, giving them killer smile while shaking hands.

she said Ed was not engaged himself with fans and was talking to Josh the whole time. his "hard to make eye contact and hand shake" attitude was a little bit upsetting for her... i mean, i can understand where she's coming from after reading how other boys dealt with the situation, but ed, after all, is just a boy.

"In contrast to Ed" Mini-Ben was really engaged and repeated "Kombanwa, arigatoogozaimasu (Good evening, thank you)" in Japanese with a killer smile, which made the fans really happy. Impressed, she said "sankyu, sankyu, sankyu" while shaking hands with Mini Ben and he also said "thank you, thank you, thank you, yeah!" lollllll Mini Ben's adorable!!!

In the pamphlet, there was a question "what would you do if you were an angel?" and Mini Ben's reply was "I would smile if a person looks sad." What a thoughtful reply :D

She said Alex looked a lot cuter in person than in photo (lol). He seemed happy and smiled back whenever the fans called his name. In the pamphlet, his reply was "be there [for someone] till [someone] feels happy again." Another sincere thought from Libera :)

Liam, she described, "something was very lovely about him," which I totally agree :D

JB was the the most mature one out of all. She said the way greeted the fans were very settled down, kind and mature for his age :)

ahhhhhhhhh i cant wait for california concert!!!!
8)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dearmadine wrote:
musey_na wrote:During the no-picture autograph session,
They normally let the fans take photo's after the concert. Maybe it was just a rule/policy made by the venue itself. Probably why no fan photo's are showing up.

P.S. Thanks for the comprehensive translation!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dearmadine wrote:

with autographed photos!
aww she said Kavana was coughing, shaking his little body every time he coughs, wiping his nose with the sleeves of his white robe :( I guess night time at Tokyo was a bit chilly for him. hopefully Kavana's condition gets better soon!!

the original composer of Far Away and You Were There, Takatsugu Muramatsu played piano for those songs!! awesome.

During the no-picture autograph session, she had to choose a line between older boys and younger boys. She went on line for 6 older boys (she didnt have time to get autographs from younger boys).

Josh was of course, giving them killer smile while shaking hands.

she said Ed was not engaged himself with fans and was talking to Josh the whole time. his "hard to make eye contact and hand shake" attitude was a little bit upsetting for her... i mean, i can understand where she's coming from after reading how other boys dealt with the situation, but ed, after all, is just a boy.

"In contrast to Ed" Mini-Ben was really engaged and repeated "Kombanwa, arigatoogozaimasu (Good evening, thank you)" in Japanese with a killer smile, which made the fans really happy. Impressed, she said "sankyu, sankyu, sankyu" while shaking hands with Mini Ben and he also said "thank you, thank you, thank you, yeah!" lollllll Mini Ben's adorable!!!

In the pamphlet, there was a question "what would you do if you were an angel?" and Mini Ben's reply was "I would smile if a person looks sad." What a thoughtful reply :D

She said Alex looked a lot cuter in person than in photo (lol). He seemed happy and smiled back whenever the fans called his name. In the pamphlet, his reply was "be there [for someone] till [someone] feels happy again." Another sincere thought from Libera :)

Liam, she described, "something was very lovely about him," which I totally agree :D

JB was the the most mature one out of all. She said the way greeted the fans were very settled down, kind and mature for his age :)

ahhhhhhhhh i cant wait for california concert!!!!
8)

Poor Kavana must suck to be ill away from home even if he just has a cold.

Thanks for telling us what was said.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Thank you so much, dearmadine! Poor Kavana :( Both of the Leggett boys seem very nice.... That family knows something about raising nice boys :D I wonder if Ed is having trouble not having Joe there?? It always seemed like Joe and Ed were very close friends... Alex Leggett has the same smile that Josh's mum has. You can sort of imagine what his mother must look like. :wink: And of course, I second that thought about Liam. He seems very sweet and kind. I think all these boys are special... You have to be a certain type of boy to be a Libera boy :shock: !
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Thanks dearmadine for the overview of the blog, it really is appreciated. We don't seem to be getting much information back from Japan so these snippets are gold dust. Thanks again.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Jude Andrew wrote:Thanks dearmadine for the overview of the blog, it really is appreciated. We don't seem to be getting much information back from Japan so these snippets are gold dust. Thanks again.
Very true but they must be off to LA soon so hopefully a lot of news will come from there. :D
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dearmadine wrote:
musey_na wrote:During the no-picture autograph session,
They normally let the fans take photo's after the concert. Maybe it was just a rule/policy made by the venue itself. Probably why no fan photo's are showing up.

yah it seems they didnt allow fans to take pictures this time.
hopefully they let us take pictures in LA (crossing fingers)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Hi dearmadine, thanks so much for translating for us. It's indeed hard to get anything about the Japan concerts. I'm looking forward to reading your 20-page thesis on Josh's performance in the US. :lol: I hope you have a great time!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

dearmadine wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:
dearmadine wrote:

yah it seems they didnt allow fans to take pictures this time.
hopefully they let us take pictures in LA (crossing fingers)
i can not wiet to see josh too i like how you say nice things a bout hime and i hope to meet you there from jenna
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

libera36 wrote: I wonder if Ed is having trouble not having Joe there?? It always seemed like Joe and Ed were very close friends...!

Joe and Ed were quite tight as friends. That could be why Ed is being somewhat stand offish. Or he just could not have felt well either. With Kavana being sick, it won't be long until most of them are. At least the younger ones. Steven G's mom will have her hands full with sick boys. :(
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."