New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does anyone know if this new album is going to be available in CD form?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yes, it is listed as a CD and also for digital download.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:52 pm">2 years ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:10 pm">2 years ago</span> With Let me make songs and If following, I think that Once an angel will work quite well as the opener of the subsequent musical journey. What I like most are the lyrics, the structure of the verses along with Victor's solo parts and the instrumental accompaniment.

Any idea who the second voice in the second verse might be (will the memory of their music fade away? No more the voices we knew [...] the words be lost?)? Maybe Oliver?

I thought Victor sung all solo parts ?
I thought the same.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 pm">2 years ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:10 pm">2 years ago</span> With Let me make songs and If following, I think that Once an angel will work quite well as the opener of the subsequent musical journey. What I like most are the lyrics, the structure of the verses along with Victor's solo parts and the instrumental accompaniment.

Any idea who the second voice in the second verse might be (will the memory of their music fade away? No more the voices we knew [...] the words be lost?)? Maybe Oliver?

I thought the same.
Ok, I just thought the timid accompanying voice in those parts might be someone elses :D
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:03 pm">2 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:49 pm">2 years ago</span>

I thought the same.
Ok, I just thought the timid accompanying voice in those parts might be someone elses :D
All good! Sometimes we get things wrong. It sounds like the same boy to Dani and I, but we have been wrong before..... though not often :wink: :lol: :D
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:09 am">2 years ago</span> Does anyone know if this new album is going to be available in CD form?
The very first post in this thread mentioned where you can pre-order a physical CD. Whenever I feel as though a question I have may already have been answered, I use the Libera Dreams search function or glance quickly through the thread. When all else fails, a quick google search addresses 99% of my questions on my most days. That's how I remembered that I had linked everyone to a physical CD ordering website when replying to you :wink:
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

A recent tweet from Libera Official 🙂.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

ooooh! I loved that song from the Dec 2020 concert at SJSS. Can't wait!
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:22 pm">2 years ago</span> ooooh! I loved that song from the Dec 2020 concert at SJSS. Can't wait!
Me too😄. On this episode from Creative World last December 2020 this was Daniel's favorite song when asked on an interview which he described as lively and very upbeat.

Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:17 pm">2 years ago</span> A recent tweet from Libera Official 🙂.

Yes! This was my favourite song from the concert! I can't wait to sing it while listening it at full volume. Sorrrrry neighbours! :lol:
The heaven soars with voices above...
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

In one of the album photos, we see Alexandre Menuet in the company of three well-known Libera soloists. Would it be too much of a stretch to think he may be one of the new mystery voices?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, the preview to "Once an Angel" had me excited to hear the full track. However, I have mixed feelings after hearing the whole thing. I like the atmosphere of it and I think the lyrics are quite meaningful. However, it doesn't quite captivate me like some of Robert's other compositions. My feelings about this track are kind of like my feelings about "Stabat Mater" from the Hope album. But, I like that one a little more because it has a more unique melody and Isaac as a soloist. Nevertheless, I like "Once an Angel" enough that I will still listen to it occasionally. I'll probably end up liking Robert's "O Lord Support Us" more than this song.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:19 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, the preview to "Once an Angel" had me excited to hear the full track. However, I have mixed feelings after hearing the whole thing. I like the atmosphere of it and I think the lyrics are quite meaningful. However, it doesn't quite captivate me like some of Robert's other compositions. My feelings about this track are kind of like my feelings about "Stabat Mater" from the Hope album. But, I like that one a little more because it has a more unique melody and Isaac as a soloist. Nevertheless, I like "Once an Angel" enough that I will still listen to it occasionally. I'll probably end up liking Robert's "O Lord Support Us" more than this song.
I have a very different opinion, this song has become my comfort song :lol:
aoba

Post by aoba »

The Japanese edition will be released on October 27th.
It is interesting that the artwork has the same basic design but different colors.

https://libera-records.com/discography/libe-0013/

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Now that's what I would call colorful - thank you, aoba! This might be a good alternative for those who do not like the dark cover :wink:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

There's no doubt that "Sing for our World" is one of the best tracks on the album. The only issue is that I've heard the original recorded version of the song (Nusantara) so many times that it will be hard for me to avoid comparing the two. However, I think I can enjoy both versions on their own merits.