Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Beyond

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 pm">5 years ago</span>

If you can be free each day of this week, from 18:10 to 18:20 (UK time), feel free to listen ClassicFM online :
https://www.classicfm.com/radio/player
Or you can use the "Listen Again" function and listen at any time. Just choose "Classic FM Drive with John Brunning" and select today's date and 1:13:40 on the time bar to hear Salve Regina.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much John, shame on me, I missed the replay link :oops:

(again, if a message says that you are not located in UK, just copy any valid UK postcode and paste it in the player)

I really like that new version of Salve Regina from 'Beyond', more that from 'Hope'.
No big differences but I feel the solo at the start makes it nicer :)
justin

Post by justin »

That’s a great find, thanks Patrick and John! Is the soloist Rocco by any chance?
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 pm">5 years ago</span> Today Libera tweeted about the Album 'Beyond' being the "Classic FM 'Drive Discovery' this week".
The tweet says that 'John Brunning will feature a track from it every day from today at around 6.15pm' (UK time).

Today Monday October 8th, the song broadcast was 'Salve Regina'
Thank you for finding this. Do you hear a different boy at the beginning? Could it be Daniel or a new soloist? The finale sounds like Rocco in the Hope album.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction of 'Quote' BBCode tag
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, John and Patrick, for your information and always helpful advice to the fellow fans! :D

Yesterday, I had no chance to listen, so I've just caught up with it. I would like to try if this direct link to yesterday's broadcast works?

Salve Regina (it's at 1:13:40, as John mentioned above)
https://www.classicfm.com/radio/aod/?ep ... be4053a4f6

They used the "Hope" recordings of choir, orchestra and Rocco. I've been wondering anyway if Benedictus Deus and Mother of God are the only songs with parts of older recordings taken over to "Beyond".

The soloist of the first verse sounds different from Rocco to me, younger somehow in his voice. Not sure though.

Now In Paradisum. :D

Suppl.: This is today's link:
https://www.classicfm.com/radio/aod/?ep ... 7655854251
with In Paradisum at 1:16:19.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera Records reveals the first 1'30'' of the new song and video 'For the future' :)

https://libera-records.com/news/2018/10/10/735/

It as at least 2 different soloists.

It sounds very pleasant :)
I can't wait to listen it in full and hear it live!!
Screenshot_2018-10-10-08-26-58.png
Screenshot_2018-10-10-08-26-58.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 82121 times
Screenshot_2018-10-10-08-26-58.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 82121 times
justin

Post by justin »

Wow! Oliver W-R and Daniel White as soloists. Seems like this generation of soloists are hugely talented and numerous, since we already have Leo/Rocco/Alex G/Merlin in the mix. Exciting! :o :D
justin

Post by justin »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 am">5 years ago</span> Libera Records reveals the first 1'30'' of the new song and video 'For the future' :)

A nice introductory message (in Japanese) from the composer of 'For the Future', Mr. Seiji Kameda (亀田誠治), was posted shortly after the MV was revealed. The google translated version is as below:

"When I first met LIBERA's songs, I remembered that tears did not stop without thinking of its clear pure singing voice. I thought that they could connect the world gently with their songs. To music, it extends beyond borders and words to the back of people's hearts. Nevertheless, I want to have as many people as gentle feelings in this era, this time I have written LIBERA singing in Japanese "tomorrow ~ for the future". "Everyone is not alone, it is a song that gently presses the backs of the people who live every day in the way that we are connected even if they are far apart. The boys are practicing pronunciation of Japanese hard while trying to verify the meaning included in the lyrics in their home country UK. The completed "tomorrow ~ for the future" is the world view of LIBERA itself. It blesses our life like a hymn and praises our future. The interlude is in Italian, Spanish, Polish, French, the word "to the future to for the future" of the country of origin of the member of LIBERA. It is not magic of music that instantly bring out such global symbiosis and impression. LIBERA "To tomorrow ~ for the future". In the fall of 2018, a beautiful song was born to deliver love, courage and kindness to us. I hope that the song of LIBERA will be a bridge between Japan and the world towards 2020 where the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympic Games will be held."

I agree with his assessment that Libera's songs have the effect of making people incredibly emotional by speaking directly to people's hearts, regardless of their background. If the translation is accurate, parts of the song might even be sung in various other languages. Anyways, I congratulate Libera for producing yet another fantastic song, in a language they're not familiar with no less! :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 pm">5 years ago</span> Thank you, John and Patrick, for your information and always helpful advice to the fellow fans! :D

Yesterday, I had no chance to listen, so I've just caught up with it. I would like to try if this direct link to yesterday's broadcast works?

Salve Regina (it's at 1:13:40, as John mentioned above)
https://www.classicfm.com/radio/aod/?ep ... be4053a4f6

They used the "Hope" recordings of choir, orchestra and Rocco. I've been wondering anyway if Benedictus Deus and Mother of God are the only songs with parts of older recordings taken over to "Beyond".

The soloist of the first verse sounds different from Rocco to me, younger somehow in his voice. Not sure though.
I hear at least a remastering as some parts sound more distinct than they did on the original. As someone who considers the Hope "Salve Regina" a top favorite I listened very closely to that song and, while my track record on guessing soloists is poor, I think there is a possibility that it is Rocco at the beginning. I agree that it sounds like they used the ending solo from Hope.

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 am">5 years ago</span> Libera Records reveals the first 1'30'' of the new song and video 'For the future' :)

Wow! So I am beyond wrong when I suggested that there may be no soloist and there are now two?! :lol: You win! :lol: :wink: Thank you for this and I am really anticipating hearing the whole thing soon - albeit on a recording. What a neat sampler!
justin wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 am">5 years ago</span>
A nice introductory message (in Japanese) from the composer of 'For the Future', Mr. Seiji Kameda (亀田誠治), was posted shortly after the MV was revealed. The google translated version is as below:

"When I first met LIBERA's songs, I remembered that tears did not stop without thinking of its clear pure singing voice. I thought that they could connect the world gently with their songs. To music, it extends beyond borders and words to the back of people's hearts. Nevertheless, I want to have as many people as gentle feelings in this era, this time I have written LIBERA singing in Japanese "tomorrow ~ for the future". "Everyone is not alone, it is a song that gently presses the backs of the people who live every day in the way that we are connected even if they are far apart. The boys are practicing pronunciation of Japanese hard while trying to verify the meaning included in the lyrics in their home country UK. The completed "tomorrow ~ for the future" is the world view of LIBERA itself. It blesses our life like a hymn and praises our future. The interlude is in Italian, Spanish, Polish, French, the word "to the future to for the future" of the country of origin of the member of LIBERA. It is not magic of music that instantly bring out such global symbiosis and impression. LIBERA "To tomorrow ~ for the future". In the fall of 2018, a beautiful song was born to deliver love, courage and kindness to us. I hope that the song of LIBERA will be a bridge between Japan and the world towards 2020 where the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympic Games will be held."

I agree with his assessment that Libera's songs have the effect of making people incredibly emotional by speaking directly to people's hearts, regardless of their background. If the translation is accurate, parts of the song might even be sung in various other languages. Anyways, I congratulate Libera for producing yet another fantastic song, in a language they're not familiar with no less! :D
Thank you for this. Yes it sounds like other languages may be used and that will certainly make the song especially unique. Libera does most certainly speak to people's hearts as evidenced by the fact that we are all here at a forum dedicated to this amazing choir.
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

[

Wow! So I am beyond wrong when I suggested that there may be no soloist and there are now two?! :lol: You win! :lol: :wink: Thank you for this and I am really anticipating hearing the whole thing soon - albeit on a recording. What a neat sampler!

[/Fantastic duet by Daniel and Oliver Watt-Rodriguez b]
aoba

Post by aoba »

I felt a bit strange thinking that Libera are singing in my native language.
However, I was deeply moved by that!!

I am really looking forward to listening in full and in concert. :)
justin

Post by justin »

aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 pm">5 years ago</span>

I felt a bit strange thinking that Libera are singing in my native language.
However, I was deeply moved by that!!

I am really looking forward to listening in full and in concert. :)
Hi Aoba! Would you mind giving a brief translation of the lyrics in the first 90 seconds of the clip? I think all of us are really intrigued by this :D
james010101

Post by james010101 »

It appears that Libera has posted a compilation of samples of the songs in 'Beyond'. The samples are MUCH longer than those previously available on iTunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDWO1z ... e=youtu.be

The video is unlisted though, so I'm not sure if this might be an inadvertent leak... :?:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 pm">5 years ago</span> It appears that Libera has posted a compilation of samples of the songs in 'Beyond'. The samples are MUCH longer than those previously available on iTunes.

The video is unlisted though, so I'm not sure if this might be an inadvertent leak... :?:
I don't think it's inadvertent considering that Libera has posted an entry about it on both Facebook and Twitter. The sample of Caccini/Vavilov "Ave Maria" makes me more convinced that Alex Montoro is the soloist, because the soloist hits some very high notes which we didn't hear in other samples. I don't think Gabe Collins or Alex Gula could've done that.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm">5 years ago</span>
james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 pm">5 years ago</span> It appears that Libera has posted a compilation of samples of the songs in 'Beyond'. The samples are MUCH longer than those previously available on iTunes.

I don't think it's inadvertent considering that Libera has posted an entry about it on both Facebook and Twitter. The sample of Caccini/Vavilov "Ave Maria" makes me more convinced that Alex Montoro is the soloist, because the soloist hits some very high notes which we didn't hear in other samples. I don't think Gabe Collins or Alex Gula could've done that.
Is Leo capable of those notes by any chance?