Christian Libera?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Narnian

Christian Libera?

Post by Narnian »

Hi, fans!! 8)
Wanna ask you something... Are all 100% of Libera's boys - christians? yes/no? Any ideas?
Maybe 90% or 50/50?
Maybe some of their parents are christians? 8) Somebody knows? :roll:

I think its important thing to sing and to be proud of message you sing. I hope you understand what I mean :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I think that maybe some on of them are Christian but the majority probably have not made any kind of commitment yet. Most of the younger ones are really too young to make that decision.
I do feel that RP is a Christian. It reflects in his music, especially his own compositions.

Tom
Proud to be a Christian and a member of The United Methodist Church.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Re: Christian Libera?

Post by kjackson83 »

Narnian wrote:Hi, fans!! 8)
Wanna ask you something... Are all 100% of Libera's boys - christians? yes/no? Any ideas?
Maybe 90% or 50/50?
Maybe some of their parents are christians? 8) Somebody knows? :roll:

I think its important thing to sing and to be proud of message you sing. I hope you understand what I mean :roll:
It's not 100%, but probably still rather high. Religious expression in Britain is overall on the decline, so it would not surprise me, given what comes out of the group's publicity people, to find out that a sizable portion are not confessing, orthodox Christians. Affiliation with St Philip's (an Anglican church) is required because of Mr Prizeman's belief that the church choir idiom is the best way to create musicality in the members, but as the diocesan magazine has pointed out, members are by no means required to confess or practice Christian belief.

I understand the question, especially as I wonder the same thing about much of who I listen to. Bach was an extremely religious man, and I--as a massive consumer of his music--favor performances of his work given by artists who share in his beliefs.

As regards Libera: I would guess somewhere around 80-85%, and immediately shy away from anything more specific. Religion is an intensely personal issue--doubly so for children.
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Although they are children they are still smart enough to decide whether they are willing to follow in their parents footsteps regarding religion. I can imagine that most libera members who sing RP's songs don't understand them to the full extent. Even though they sing the songs like little angels their hearts may be far from it. We have no idea what these boys are like outside of the camera and how they interact with fellow students and if they are with the faith. One thing that made me realize they are just normal boys who haven't committed themselves to christ was the video when they were at the buddist shrine and bowing and reading fortunes. IF their parents are devoted to the christian faith its their duty to teach them while they are young that way when they are older they will come back to christ; because we all stray. That is from the word of God.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Candid, true words! :)
We as christians understands it. Hope that everyone Libera's member will become a christian. :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think that most of the boys are old enough to understand basic Christian doctrine. If they're Anglican they may take Communion by the time they're old enough to kneel at the rail, and if they choose would undergo Confirmattion at around age 12.

I really imagine that more than likely the majority of the choir are Christian, probably mostly Anglican with possibly a few Roman Catholics and Methodists. My understanding of English culture is that if their parents were decidedly atheist they'd probably keep their kid away from "religious nonsense."
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

I would also think that the boys would follow the religion of their parents. However some may or may not be undecided or agnostic.

Here is a joke I hope no one finds offensive in any way, if you do please tell me and I will promptly remove it.

What do you get when you mix a insomniac, a agnostic and a dyslexic?

Someone who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog :lol:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Digs wrote:
What do you get when you mix a insomniac, a agnostic and a dyslexic?

Someone who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog :lol:
:roll: :shock: :) :wink:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
gibbeyniacraven

Post by gibbeyniacraven »

Well, I know that Libera is a Christian choir, but I don't know if all the members are Christians themselves........yay!
tee hee! :D
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

gibbeyniacraven wrote:Well, I know that Libera is a Christian choir, but I don't know if all the members are Christians themselves........yay!
of course, Libera is a christian choir :) It's a RP's work I think ;)