Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

viabuona
Gold Member

Re: Right Now

Post by viabuona »

Rebecca (: wrote:Just got my new DSLR camera last night! :D It's a Canon Rebel T3. I'm super excited to use it at a Libera cocnert now, as this thing seriously doesn't take a bad picture! (I don't mean during the concert... :lol: only during the M&G and such!)
Perfect! So I'll prepare some Gigabyte of space in the new website-gallery for you 8)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Rebecca (: wrote:Just got my new DSLR camera last night! :D It's a Canon Rebel T3. I'm super excited to use it at a Libera cocnert now, as this thing seriously doesn't take a bad picture! (I don't mean during the concert... :lol: only during the M&G and such!)
Awesome! I just got a DSLR too, a Nikon D5100! High fives for awesome cameras! I considered the Rebel T3, but I ended up getting a Nikon instead.

ps. The StarKid concert was amazing! It confirmed my belief that there is nothing better than seeing a group perform live... even if there was a lot of screaming fans! (I may have even done some screaming myself... :lol: )
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Nice. I really want a DSLR. I would also like to take a photography class. I love looking through good professional photos.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

viabuona wrote:Perfect! So I'll prepare some Gigabyte of space in the new website-gallery for you 8)
No promises they'll turn out well, if my hands are still shaking! :lol:
libera36 wrote:Awesome! I just got a DSLR too, a Nikon D5100! High fives for awesome cameras! I considered the Rebel T3, but I ended up getting a Nikon instead.

ps. The StarKid concert was amazing! It confirmed my belief that there is nothing better than seeing a group perform live... even if there was a lot of screaming fans! (I may have even done some screaming myself... :lol: )
Very cool! That was actually one of the ones I considered! Really happy with the choice I made, though!

Yay! that's good! Glad you liked it! I'm still in shock from it! haha.. but luckly I can sing (and talk!) again! Really wish I'd had my camera then... :roll:
Malibu wrote:Nice. I really want a DSLR. I would also like to take a photography class. I love looking through good professional photos.
I'm thinking about taking a photogaphy class as well. Although I'm a bit young for most of the ones I can find. I've already been offered a spot on the photography and graphic design staff for my school newspaper next year, so I'd defiantly like to learn some better techniques before then!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Nice to hear all that Rebecca. I have a thing for photography as well, passed down on both sides of the family :) (my dad's side mostly though) Mine's a very neat and handy Canon which I'm very happy with :D I got it for my birthday last year, and haven't touched my old analogue camera (also a Canon) since (hm, you're probably too young to remember those, haha ;))
I hope you can get that spot at your school newspaper, it would be a really cool way to explore your talent. The journalist in me is proud of you :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Great news! I get to write two texts for the new Dutch Protestant hymn book :D
Most of the Dutch and Belgian protestant churches are working on a new hymn book for use in churches and at home. The latest one dates from 1973 and since a few years several commissions are working on an updated version. And for some songs they want completely new versions. Two of those I now get to write :D One is the Canticle of the Creatures of saint Francis of Assisi, the other one is a song about the seven works of mercy from the Bible. I'm so excited :D The first versions are due in March, so I better get writing soon ;)
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

So I think I mentioned this before, but if not, I currently volunteer as a Big Brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Today was their annual holiday party at ZapZone (a laser tag place). It was a blast. I have only been matched with a Little Brother for a month and a half so this is my first time going to BBBS sponsored event, and my Little Brother was having a good time. He's usually fairly shy, but he seemed to start opening up a little more during this event. It was also really cool to see all the other matches. It was really uplifting to see all the kids that may not always have the best home life having a good time, and also seeing all the other "Bigs" that volunteer their time. The whole experience was very cool. Playing laser tag I also got to interact with some of the other Bigs and Littles and it was cool to talk to them. One of the kids kept following me around shooting me relentlessly. During the second game one of the little guys on my team was next to me shooting, and then he turned to me and said "follow me down here" so I basically laid down cover fire the little guy as he went running guns ablazing! :D
I just had one of those grins on my face the entire time, and still do as I'm writing this. It was a very cool experience - one of the best I've had in a long time.
Tim
Lead thou me on.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Sounds like fun, Malibu :)

Those who know me know that last Summer I quit my job without a new job prospect and finally today a new job has landed in my lap. I get to be co-editor in chief of a new magazine of my parish. The magazine actually doesn't exist yet, the first issue is due to be published around Easter next year. But I'm so happy and proud! :D It won't be a full income but it will take some considerable weight off my shoulders and present me with a wonderful opportunity to grow as a professional journalist.

Oh and I'm so excited about Christmas being just two days away. We sang Silent Night this evening at choir rehearsal and the words and the meaning of the song just really got to me.
I also look forward to putting my nativity scene together. This will be the first year I have one of my own - made up of different pieces, not a proper set with everything, because I couldn't afford that, but it has everything I want in it. Makes me so happy :) Well, just wanted to share that with you all :)
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

I do remember you announcing that you were quitting your job. I'm glad you have found something that you are interested in. Good luck. Make sure to post it when it's done (if you're allowed) - though you might have to translate it to English for us non-bilingual people :D
Lead thou me on.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

My family is out the other room making dinner, and they just put on the Libera Christmas album! I've trained them well! :lol:
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

^^^^Nice, I haven't gotten my family that far yet, but it seems my brother and sister-in-law are starting to like them.

As for me, it's been a slow night so I've been watching some of the old Libera video's like their performance on "When Will I Be Famous", and "In Their Own Words". Makes me wish I had discovered them long before I did.
Tim
Lead thou me on.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Now I see for the third time, Carols from Kings. Yesterday on BBC 2 first and later on entertainment channel and now I saw that someone already had put on his youtube.To see it all you have 18 movies. This we also know of Libera:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

As most of you already know, a kind of new movie is about to come out soon*!
The soundtrack sounds promising!
Amoosing, isn't it? :D
#Found_in_the_deep_forests_of_Twitterings.

Indirect message due to privacy policy :wink:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Very cryptic, Murkskis ;)

As for myself, I'm trying to deal with the third day of storm in a row... The wind is blowing round the house like crazy, has been since Tuesday. Last night I actually woke up from the wind which was making a high noise and the rain lashing against my window, right above my head. My cat actually scooted off from the bed and ran to the living room, he wasn't liking it either :( Somehow it's hard to get started today in this weather, even though I hardly have to go outside today... Listening to Schubert songs right now but I think I'll pop in some Libera later, to calm the nerves...
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hope the storms end soon! That can't be fun... :( Although, we're quite the opposite.. I literally don't even remember the last time it rained!

Anyways! I just got the news that a photograph I entered in a contest a few months ago won first place in the region/area level, and is moving on to State! If I win this round as well it'll go to national, which would just be amazing! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. :D