The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Libera is right up there in the top league of EMI's biggest revenue earners within the 'EMI Classics' range of artists. I wouldn't even begin to compare and put them up for competition in the overall 'popular' music catagory because it would be unfair to pitch a group of school age children who undertake their 'libera' duties as a part-time hobby against juggernaughts of marketing and publicity that drives the likes of Beiber and GaGa etc... EMI despite all it's financial screw-ups in recent years, is a very large company, and 'EMI Classics' is one particular branch that in my oppinion would be very pleased about the progress 'libera' as made in recent years.
dani wrote:And of course they sell well at a " concert in London" its their home. It will be filled with friends and family. When they went up north they struggled to get 100/150 people in at a concert.
Thats the real truth right there.
The truth is not even halfway to the gate. Libera have pulled near sold out performances at Beverley, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin - and if memory serves me well, wasn't Bristol very low on turn-out last year. Last time I checked, I don't think Bristol was in the North. Sure they will always sell out in central London due to family, friends and large population etc, but let's not think for a minute that they don't gather the audiences further 'north' because apart from one or two exceptions (Chester/Harrogate) almost all the other 'northern' venues have been extremely well attended.

Yet does not say a lot when we know they dont sell enough to make any kind of cash off CD sales. Even Japan and places like that they dont sell enough to make Libera profitable from cd's . They have a very small niche fan base that is loyal but they still need loads more fans.

That is why we have never got another 'Live Dvd' as it is not financially viable to take a gamble of it selling. EMI will be working at a loss .

I adore Libera but there sales if we saw them would be pretty low. Well we know they have to be as that's why they never break the barrier to making income off albums .
printen

Post by printen »

Lets face it. Libera is not that wel known in the world. Spots in the USA and Canada, fangroups in a couple of countries in Europe and thats its.

The fact that Libera is wel know in Japan, South-Korea en the Phillipines is due to the fact that Libare is a "excotic" boys band. Its souns very strange, but in the eyes of Asians, westerners, ecpecially children, are "excotic". I live in Thailand and I am sure if Libera would give a concert in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, where I live, the girls would be screaming for the boys of Libera and waiting for hours to see them. It has little to do with their music. Its their appearance as western boys that counts.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

@Printen and above : you are off-topic.
This topic is about the Christmas album, not general considerations about boys appearance :roll: or CDs sales.
If you think there is need to talk about CDs sales, perfect, then open a topic on that subject and let this one dedicated to the Chrismas Album, the songs on it and the photos with it, thank you.

To turn back to the subjet,
Here the big sized image published by Amazon for the MP3 Christmas Album, 1400 * 1400 pixels.

The Deluxe CD sold by Amazon JP is now 30% cheaper, at 1,268 ¥ instead of ¥1,836. It is now even cheaper than the Standard edition (¥1,299) !
The Deluxe CD sold by Amazon COM is back to its previous value, at $17,58.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Er, yeah we were going a bit too much off-topic in the end ;)

As for the picture you posted, I don't like the new background, it looks cheap and computerized. I really like the one with the trees much better :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

The Amazon Japan site now shows the release date is November 1! :shock: :(

The other Japan sources still show October 24. Will they change as well?
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, it's annoying all those changes.

So far, for Europe the earlier release date said is on Amazon.de : 21/10.
But it's not the cheaper, it's only the Standard version, and the date is still as unsecured as on other Amazon sites :mrgreen:
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

printen wrote:Lets face it. Libera is not that wel known in the world. Spots in the USA and Canada, fangroups in a couple of countries in Europe and thats its.

The fact that Libera is wel know in Japan, South-Korea en the Phillipines is due to the fact that Libare is a "excotic" boys band. Its souns very strange, but in the eyes of Asians, westerners, ecpecially children, are "excotic". I live in Thailand and I am sure if Libera would give a concert in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, where I live, the girls would be screaming for the boys of Libera and waiting for hours to see them. It has little to do with their music. Its their appearance as western boys that counts.
that is kinda true...in american Justin Bieber adn Kesha or Rihanna is popular...and Libera just doenst fit in the pop catergory, but u know what? Libera is amazing the way they are and i hope they dont change the style of the music or the theme, becuase i think theyre great the way they are :) and yes i may be a teenager but i find their music really good,
and i know what you mean by them being "exotic" thru the eyes of asian viewers...as unfair as it sounds that they only judge them adn accept them cuz they find them cute, it is helping them with their sales and this is a perfect oppurtunity for Libera to tell them the teachings of god and yeah :) just wanted to say that...
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Just listened to the assembled sampler that someone uploaded on Youtube and was posted by madine_lover...
I'm sooo liking the album already!

Our family didn't have any sort of Christmas and was raised without it due to our religion, and we living in a predominantly Catholic country we cannot avoid hearing Christmas songs. I have always been attracted to the type of Christmas songs that are of the choir type (not those overly produced festive ones...) so I am happy that Libera's Christmas album is sounding more Libera than Christmas. :D

Loving the new version of Sing the Story, a song I've only discovered recently... it sounds so fresher!

Can't wait for this album! SO HYPE! :!: :!: :!:
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Has anyone written down the Christmas Album's soloists? No, or?
Ok I have

Luke - Sing the story,
Cassius - While Shepherds,
Eoghan - Once in royal D.C.,
James M. - Corpus Christi Carol's, Have yourself a merry,
Frederick - The first noel,
Daniel - Veni, veni Emanuel,
Jakob - Jubilate Deo,
Joshua - Coventry Carol,
Stefan - White Chr., Coventry Carol,
Ralph - 7 tracks
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Sue, but you are 10 pages late in the topic ;)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

I must admit that I was hoping to see "Song of Life" included on the Christmas album, maybe on the deluxe edition. Now I really like "Lullaby" but it's already available on the deluxe edition of Peace. Oh well.

Excited to hear from Libera again!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The back of the standard edition :)

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The back of the standard edition :)

do you have the album?
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

dos anyone know if this is the back cover for the deluxe edition?
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

natsumi wrote:

dos anyone know if this is the back cover for the deluxe edition?
cool!! i like the back cover. oh, i so wanna have that album now!!

Charmaine