What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

maartendas wrote: it's from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly :)
Thank ye kindly Maartendas :)

I thought it sounded awfully familiar. I always liked the music from that movie so yes, I think it would be great for a Libera song!

Hearing Libera sing to this music would be quite a bit different from watching Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach shoot at each other!
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Pie Jesu". Liam O'Kane and Adam Harris did a version of it in the late 1990s, but I would definitely like to hear Libera do another version of it.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

lacrymosa2 wrote:Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Pie Jesu". Liam O'Kane and Adam Harris did a version of it in the late 1990s, but I would definitely like to hear Libera do another version of it.
I would love to hear that again! I'm singing it for a choir contest this spring, so it would be neat to do it around the same time as Libera :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

[quote="symphonica7"]Ecstasy of Gold re-arranged with lyrics, but on this Beat!!!!

Yes. There are probably enough good Ennio Morricone tunes for a whole album. One of my favorites which would sound great with the Libera treatment is Gabriel's Oboe from "The Mission" (aka Nella Fantasia).

Here's a link to a version from Chloe Agnew.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

john45 wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:Ecstasy of Gold re-arranged with lyrics, but on this Beat!!!!

Yes. There are probably enough good Ennio Morricone tunes for a whole album. One of my favorites which would sound great with the Libera treatment is Gabriel's Oboe from "The Mission" (aka Nella Fantasia).

Here's a link to a version from Chloe Agnew.

Maybe this is one of the few songs in the world that I actually prefer a female soprano to sing. But I hope Robert Prizeman reads this and takes it as a challenge to prove me wrong, 'cause I'd be interested to find out :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

john45 wrote: Here's a link to a version from Chloe Agnew.

Awww, sounds so nice ! 8)
The harmonies at the beginning could be nicely covered by boychoir (group :wink: ), but a female voice really fits this song.

Just out of curiosity, you can compare it to the cover by Il Divo

lacrymosa2
Silver Member

I Burn For You

Post by lacrymosa2 »

If Libera can cover pop songs like "Orinoco Flow" and "I Have A Dream", I challenge them to cover "I Burn For You" by The Police.

[youtube][/youtube]

This is with just Sting
[youtube][/youtube]
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Murkskis wrote:
john45 wrote: Here's a link to a version from Chloe Agnew.

Awww, sounds so nice ! 8)
The harmonies at the beginning could be nicely covered by boychoir (group :wink: ), but a female voice really fits this song.

Just out of curiosity, you can compare it to the cover by Il Divo

OH MY...GOD.....YES!! THIS WOULD BE EPIC!
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

I like a lot of the suggestions so far for possible Libera songs. I love Ennio Morricone's music as he uses chorus so well and I also think the vocal harmonies of the Mamas and Papas "California Dreaming" would be great ideas. How about a few songs from one of my favorite UK classic rock bands, The Moody Blues? A lost of their songs and lyrics would suit the group I think, especially in the early albums. Also, their vocal harmonies were superb as they had four very different but great singers. If you aren't familiar with them I would highly recommend giving them a try. Here's a few songs I think might make good Libera songs. Any thoughts?

"Voices in the Sky" form "In Search Of The Lost Chord" 1968:

[youtube][/youtube]

"Tuesday Afternoon" from "Days Of Future Passed" 1967; along with beautiful imagery:

[youtube][/youtube]
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for pointing these out, LiberAetrna - I always knew Nights in White Satin but never got round to finding out more of their music, but now I think I will :) I don't "hear" the choir sound in it yet... but these are beautiful songs :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's not so much "choral" music, but Moody Blues liked to incorporate ochestral elements into their songs far more than most rock groups did in that era, or in any era for that matter.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I know many people probably won't agree to this, but I'd love to hear Libera sing a country song.. I grew up singing and listening to country, and it'd be great to hear them try it! :D

Maybe the song Letter to Me by Brad Paisley

[youtube][/youtube]

Or possibly... his song Who Need Pictures.

[youtube][/youtube]

Okay, maybe not.. haha but I think it'd be pretty funny!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LOL, Libera can sing anything.....and we'd still Love it!!!!
liberavieve

Post by liberavieve »

These are going to make it seem like I'm far more melancholy than I am, but that said:

Mark Blatchly's setting of one of the most famous trench poems in the English language. I figure that Libera have already done "In Flanders Fields," so why not?

[youtube][/youtube]

"The Last Rose of Summer," sung here by Richard Bonsall, would give someone a lovely solo.

[youtube][/youtube]

Kurt Bestor's "Prayer of the Children." It starts at 3:50 in this video and is normally arranged for a TTBB or SATB choir, though I'm sure that it could be arranged in some sort of SSSSSS...SAAT manner for Libera.

[youtube][/youtube]
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Wow!!! Interesting songs!!! To say the least! As long as Libera doesn't come out with a "Libera goes Pop" album....everything will be fine.....

(cough)Vienna Boys Choir(cough) TRash.......