Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

I'd really want to go, but i have class untill 3.30pm. So if I want to go to the epsom concert I have to find an excuse to skipp class and leave at noon. Hmmm, dilemma :roll:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Colin wrote:I'd really want to go, but i have class untill 3.30pm. So if I want to go to the epsom concert I have to find an excuse to skipp class and leave at noon. Hmmm, dilemma :roll:
Hope you can go! I'll be in London (from the US) for the whole week, but its spring break so I will only have to miss one day. I simply told my teachers that I'll be flying home from London, and they all said it was fine is I miss a day. Really hope you can make it :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Colin wrote:I'd really want to go, but i have class untill 3.30pm. So if I want to go to the epsom concert I have to find an excuse to skipp class and leave at noon. Hmmm, dilemma :roll:
Are you over 16? If so, go for it - you can make up the lost class (unless you are the teacher :lol: ). If under 16 I think you should go to class - can't encourage you to slam school for a concert :(
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Today I was in London for personal reasons, but having free time I went to the Epsom Playhouse to collect the 6 tickets I have bought on September :)

There is not really things there to let the public know that Libera will do a concert here in 2 months, no poster, no flyer, nothing.
The lady at the box office said that Libera have not gived them anything yet for the advertisement.

à contrario there is plenty of ads for performances from other groups, event for after the Libera concert date.

Its not totaly true that there is nothing from libera there, the Lullabye video is showed continusly above the box office :) (but with no sound at all).

I went in the auditorium : very nice, and smaller that the official photo can let think. All the seats will be at a reasonabely short distance from the stage, even the back ones :)
The real problem is the height.... I tried several seats from differents rows... the hight is too low for the first two rows, and too high for the 8 or 10 last rows (saying my own perception ;))

The Playhouse Staff asked me to not take photo of the stage, because of the decorated curtain of the current show they host, too bad... so I have not useful photo about the sight.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Thank you so much for all the updates!
The theatre looks very nice. It's to bad about the view from the first 2 rows, espically because I'm very short ( well, compared to everyone else going)... Will it make a difference how far out you are? I'm in seat AA 2, so I'm wondering if it will be harder to see, than from a middle seat.
I'm getting really excited! Too bad there isn't any advertising for the Libera concert, well besides the Lullabye videos. Hopefully they can get some posters from Libera soon :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I will be in AA8 ;)

The Epsom Playhouse hosts a great number of shows dedicated to children, so I think they have some cushions to share, to seat on...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote: The real problem is the height.... I tried several seats from differents rows... the hight is too low for the first two rows, and too high for the 8 or 10 last rows (saying my own perception ;))
Yes, they did warn me when I booked that the first few rows offered poor viewing - I think I posted it at the time. I tried to buy two tickets one at the front and one at the centre a few rows back but they wouldn't let me hedge my bets :cry:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am second row and now am concerned and its too late to book a few rows back urgh.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I'll take a cushion :wink: Maybe :lol:

Thanks for all the information, FDL ! :D
Last edited by Murkskis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Murkskis wrote:I'll take a cushion :wink: Maybe :lol:
I'm sure my 10 year old sister will need you, you could borrow her's though :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote: The real problem is the height.... I tried several seats from differents rows... the hight is too low for the first two rows, and too high for the 8 or 10 last rows (saying my own perception ;))
Yes, they did warn me when I booked that the first few rows offered poor viewing - I think I posted it at the time. I tried to buy two tickets one at the front and one at the centre a few rows back but they wouldn't let me hedge my bets :cry:
Why the hell not if you are paying for the tickets? thats plain stupid on there part.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yay, thanks f_d_L now I am getting more excited to go :) My seat is J8 so in the last 8 rows - but we'll see. It does look not so far from the stage as I thought it might be :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

My seat will be in here, eagerly awaiting lots of news and reviews from those lucky enough to attend.

I wonder if their will be any changes to the concert setlist? Those who tire of 'When a Knight...' will have to remain tired, because it's Mini-James' favourite ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:My seat will be in here, eagerly awaiting lots of news and reviews from those lucky enough to attend.

I wonder if their will be any changes to the concert setlist? Those who tire of 'When a Knight...' will have to remain tired, because it's Mini-James' favourite ;)
I am sure there will be as they change there concert set up about once a year. So should get some different songs .
john45
Gold Member

Epsom

Post by john45 »

"The real problem is the height.... I tried several seats from differents rows... the hight is too low for the first two rows, and too high for the 8 or 10 last rows (saying my own perception ;))"

Hi Patrick

How low is "too low". I have been to many theatres where the front rows are too low (or the stage too high!) to see the performers feet. It makes a big difference at a show like "Billy Elliot" where dancing is a key element, but would it really matter at a Libera concert?

Best Wishes

John