Peace Deluxe, CD + DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:As far as I can read this precise suject here, I'm far from being the only one intending to by the japanese version.

Should the number of buyers stay the same if any of the particularity of the japanese version is freely accessible ? of course not.

We are not going to agree and neither is Libera offical. Hence them releasing the blog and introducing Libera interview and also Lullabye before the actual Delux cd. Clearly they also see that it benefits them to boost sales.

Also thats why for Peace they let you hear the whole album weeks before hand.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:As far as I can read this precise suject here, I'm far from being the only one intending to by the japanese version.

Should the number of buyers stay the same if any of the particularity of the japanese version is freely accessible ? of course not.

We are not going to agree and neither is Libera offical. Hence them releasing the blog and introducing Libera interview and also Lullabye before the actual Delux cd. Clearly they also see that it benefits them to boost sales.

Also thats why for Peace they let you hear the whole album weeks before hand.
Interesting discussion.
I can find good points on both 'sides' (but actually I don't fancy to take a side, because I think staying on good terms always has a value itself) i'll try to be diplomatic :wink:

I would like to share my viewpoint:
- Being a fan means buying the new album (instead of enjoying it for 'free'); as I see all the participants already have the album or will get it the nearest time
- Buying 2 albums- I think this is nice and great support to the group (WOW FDL- As I understand you will have even 2 albums 8) ), but I think it's should be voluntarily, I don't think Libera expects their fans to buy 2 almost identical albums
- Situation gets complicated- those who have paid the album without the 'Japanese bonus part' probably don't fancy to buy the 2nd album and it makes sense, because 40 GBP for 1 video- it's quite a lot. But in the same time - if uploaded right nowit will unfavourably affect the sales of our supported group as well

To conclude, I suppose it's quite ethical to watch this bonus part on Youtube if you have the new album. And to support Libera's sales- I think the Japanese footage should not be uploaded too soon-. Please, lets have patience for a few weeks at least !

It would be perfect- EMI could use their 'Opendisc' software, and make this footage available for those who have the European version of DVD. :D
Last edited by Murkskis on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis i did post that i would be patient and wait for it to go up. First post on the last page. I have never demanded it should go up now :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:Murkskis i did post that i would be patient and wait for it to go up. First post on the last page. I have never demanded it should go up now :D
I'm truly glad to hear it :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Next time I see Mr Philipp, I will ask him why he demanded to the public to not upload the contents of the Peace Deluxe... and then one week later it's LiberaOffical itself that have fully uploaded all :? :roll:
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Well Libera posted it already.

Edit: I removed the video because it was already posted HERE. Sorry I didn't saw that earlier.
Last edited by chix on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

chix wrote:Well Libera posted it already.
Yes, I see that this morning, that's why I posted my message above.

For me it's a non-sens.... I can't understand the logic... :roll:

Imagine a cinema entrante with two gates near each other.
On the first one it's written "entrance 40£"
On the second one it's written "Free entrance, same movie".

Who's going to pay ? :? (appart fools like me :lol: :? )
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:

"Fools" like you who would like to have the better video quality that is in the DVD?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Got to admit i am so happy it went up this video and glad to be proven right. But a nice debate whilest it lasted .

Patrick i dont think you are an idiot . But you also do not represent the majority of the Libera fan base and most people from Europe wont buy this album and its a way for us to see this wonderful video .
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Patrick, I admire your dedication in Libera though. If only I could, I'd probably go to most of their concerts and buy all their cds/dvds as well. :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

fan_de_LoK wrote:

Lets hope for 'customer' loyalty :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Libera do not expect people to buy the UK version and the Japanese version. I think that releasing the video footage is also a move by them to stop fans feeling they are being ripped off.

Releasing the Japanese video means that those of us who will have the European/US version are satisfied - we don't miss out on something and feel aggrieved. There will always be people who want all versions of the album because they are collectors by nature, I don't think we can blame Libera for that. Japan is a very important (probably the most important market) for Libera, obviously EMI Japan will want to have a specific release for their market. In future we will know that there is a good chance that Libera will make special content available to everybody - surely that is a good thing?

Bottom line is you cant please everybody all the time I suppose.
Last edited by Yorkie on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:Libera do not expect people to buy the UK version and the Japanese version. I think that releasing the video footage is also a move by them to stop fans feeling they are being ripped off.

Releasing the Japanese video means that those of us who will have the European/US version are satisfied - we don't miss out on something and feel aggrieved. There will always be people who want all versions of the album because they are collectors by nature, I don't think we claim blame Libera for that. Japan is a very important (probably the most important market) for Libera, obviously EMI Japan will want to have a specific release for their market. In future we will know that there is a good chance that Libera will make special content available to everybody - surely that is a good thing?

Bottom line is you cant please everybody all the time I suppose.

Well i am Happy :lol:
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Well, we got our Japanese Peace Deluxe today!!!! Don't know how it got from Tokyo to Chicago in just 2 days, but good for HMV!

It's really nice. If someone DOESN'T have Peace already, it would make a great gift. I love everything about it! :D
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I just got my Peace Deluxe at my local HMV last night as well! It's the UK version. I'm quite surprised I managed to get it there! :D Eternal Light is really the REAL DEAL. I've been listening to it all morning!

However, the 18 month calendar is a wee bit disappointing, I kinda expect them to be bind up together into something I can flip, and not like individual sheets of "cards". Hmm.. But it's not too bad, at least the "cards" are of pretty good quality.

For those in Singapore who are finding where to get it, I got mine from HMV Citylink. :D :D :D