Peace Deluxe, CD + DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:I will be patient and wait for somebody to upload it on youtube. As its bound to go up.
Hummm... :?
I'm sorry Dani but I hope you will have to wait for a very long time.

Uploading such kind of video is some kind of betrayal againt Libera...
Remember what Mr. Philipp said in Bristol (and repeated in Chester) : "If you love Libera, please do not put any of the CD/DVD content on Internet sites like Youtybe or so".
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

doubloon post, sorry.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
dani wrote:I will be patient and wait for somebody to upload it on youtube. As its bound to go up.
Hummm... :?
I'm sorry Dani but I hope you will have to wait for a very long time.

Uploading such kind of video is some kind of betrayal againt Libera...
Remember what Mr. Philipp said in Bristol (and repeated in Chester) : "If you love Libera, please do not put any of the CD/DVD content on Internet sites like Youtybe or so".

You mis-understood him . He said dont put the content up until the album was offically released. So if its now released then its fine as far as i am aware. And its all free promotion for them . Youtube videos increase sales.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Now, I don't want to cause a fight but Mr Philipp asked us not to upload the content of the deluxe album on to YouTube before the official release date of the album (at least that was what he said in Chester). He didn't ask us to never upload it.

Libera themselves uploaded the DVD content of the album so the only extra content now is 2 songs (Eternal Light & Merry Little Christmas) and many of us downloaded those a few weeks ago + the Japanese tour footage. As the Japanese album is out it won't be long before that is on YouTube, it's just the way the world works.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

If you think it's allowed to upload anything on youtube, including copyright materials, I'm sorry but I don't share your point of view.

Uploading everything on Youtube doesn't make lot of promotion, but surely decrease a lot potential sales.

Anyone who claims to love Libera should buy their CD/DVD, instead on asking to have the files freely available on youtube :?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:If you think it's allowed to upload anything on youtube, including copyright materials, I'm sorry but I don't share your point of view.

Uploading everything on Youtube doesn't make lot of promotion, but surely decrease a lot potential sales.

Anyone who claims to love Libera should buy their CD/DVD, instead on asking to have the files freely available on youtube :?

Sorry by people up loading videos and interviews is how i found the group and speaking to fans in Bristol we all found them via youtube. The concent dvd is up on youtube and a ton of people watched them videos and then brought the dvd. Youtube is a powerful tool and thats why recently Libera offical have all so started to use it. Because its a free way to promote themselves.

And most fans will not fork out £40 for an imported cd when its the exact same as the delux europe one apart from 1 interview . Only a few select fans will pay that kind of money . And Libera fans have always shared content from when they are in Japan or in the u,k as its the only way to keep up to date.

Sharing mp3's is a totally different matter.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Sorry, can I check with you guys that the Japan Version also includes the 18 month calendar and the poster? The only difference between UK/US version and Japan version is the extra video footage?
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
katyafan wrote:i just got an email, my Japanese DVD has shipped.
Arfff... Where did you buy yours ?

I bought mine on HMV Japan, the sate of the item is now : "Waiting for stock arrival" :?
The new estimated delivery date is now : 06 Nov 2010 !! :x
I ordered the Japanese version on August 22. HMV confirmed the order on August 23. I got an e-mail that said it was shipped out on November 2. You may be right. The first batch may have sold out! Wow!

Lauren
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:If you think it's allowed to upload anything on youtube, including copyright materials, I'm sorry but I don't share your point of view.

I'm not sure we are on different sides here F_D_L :D . Clearly copy right counts and people are often told to remove music from their videos (although this happens less now that YouTube allows ads to link to sites where you can pay for downloads).

As you know I bought the UK deluxe album from Libera themselves. I can't honestly say I'm now inclined to pay £40 just to get the Japanese version of their last tour. If it gets uploaded to YouTube I'll watch it. If it doesn't I'll live :D

When it comes to Libera and copyright though loads of fans use their songs on their own videos and upload them and Libera has never asked them to be removed. We have footage from the Bristol concert that is set to Libera songs and nobody cares. Strictly speaking that breeches copyright.

I wanted to upload a slide show of my photo's from London set to Eternal Light. I had that song before I bought the CD but because Mr Philipp asked us not to upload stuff before the official release I haven't done it. I do respect Libera but if you are worried about sales, surely releasing the DVD footage before the album goes on sale is more likely to affect sales?

I had no reason to buy the deluxe CD; I had the extra songs; I could see the DVD's on YouTube; I wont use the calendar; I have no use for the poster insert. But I bought it anyway and from Libera directly which is the best way to support them.

Anybody that posts on here is a fan of Libera and we all support them - I'm sure we can all agree on that :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Adding my 2 cents to the pool...

Youtube actually has the technology that can scan the videos uploaded (past and present) and compare it against stock videos that copyright holders give to Youtube for comparison. If it finds a match, the copyright holder have the option to not block the unlicensed copy, block it, monetized it. Can't remember if there are other options.

If EMI or Libera wants to stop the proliferation of these "copies" in channels other than their official channels, I guess they have the means, but for some reason they're not using it.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:Adding my 2 cents to the pool...

Youtube actually has the technology that can scan the videos uploaded (past and present) and compare it against stock videos that copyright holders give to Youtube for comparison. If it finds a match, the copyright holder have the option to not block the unlicensed copy, block it, monetized it. Can't remember if there are other options.

If EMI or Libera wants to stop the proliferation of these "copies" in channels other than their official channels, I guess they have the means, but for some reason they're not using it.
It would be because them videos boost sales. The Aled Jones/Libera Xmas videos was all up on youtube hours after people got there

copies and nothing was done. The same with the Leiden dvd
videos.

At the end of the day no matter what i wont be buying that Japan import cd/dvd. And the majority of fans are the same. So by it going up it will do no harm either way but its nice for the fans who cant buy it.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There is no possibility to discuss, you are using forged arguments : "let us all have any contents for free, it won't affect the sales, it will instead boost the sales".... :roll:

What can I say...

If people are like me ready to buy the Japanese version to have that specific video, and suddenly that video becomes freely available on youtube in HD version, how on earth can you say it won't affect the sales ? :?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:There is no possibility to discuss, you are using forged arguments : "let us all have any contents for free, it won't affect the sales, it will instead boost the sales".... :roll:

What can I say...

If people are like me ready to buy the Japanese version to have that specific video, and suddenly that video becomes freely available on youtube in HD version, how on earth can you say it won't affect the sales ? :?
Because Patrick you are not the normal everyday fan. How many fans from Europe would go all over america on there tours?

You are very much in the minority here.

I think its great you do that but lets not forget you are not a normal everyday Libera fan :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

As far as I can read this precise suject here, I'm far from being the only one intending to by the japanese version.

Should the number of buyers stay the same if any of the particularity of the japanese version is freely accessible ? of course not.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I noticed my name being dragged though the mud on the Frence forum and i did not post about getting the cd/dvd at the concert until a few other people all mentioned it and it was a couple of days after . So i dont appreciate being talked about something i was not guilty of.

ETA Yorkie you clearly did nothing wrong by mentioning the Peace Delux album. Stuff seems to have been lost in translation. He only told us not to tell people on the forums till the Friday so you all got the same shock and excitment as we did at Bristol. So after Bristol it was fine. It was just so we basically did not ruin the surprise for you guys. So dont feel bad.
Last edited by dani on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.