Keenly waiting for my ticket :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

i got my ticket today for Bristol :)
LibeLA

Post by LibeLA »

Hello all! 8)

My friends and I are planning to fly to London from San Francisco, CA to attend Libera's concerts in November. But since we're not familiar with UK yet, we wanted to seek advice on how we're gonna be able to travel to Beverley from downtown London. Heard it's a 3-hour++ train ride. Anyone else in this forum who's also attending both concerts? Would it be better to stay overnight in Beverley since the concert will end late and trains will be unavailable OR are there other modes of transpo we can take to get back to London the same night?
Any info will be greatly appreciated since we are trying to figure out our itinerary. :?:

I already purchased our tickets for the London concert via Ticketweb and will pick them up at the box office. There were no more premium seating tix available so unfortunately for us, we have to settle with the general admission tix. :cry: I will buy our Beverley concert tix as soon as we obtain more info on how to get to Beverley from London and back. Please advise. :?

Thanks a bunch! :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thats so cool you are coming all this way for a Libera concerts :)

I would think you would have to spend the night in Beverley after the concert as there would not be a train back at that time.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

LibeLA wrote:Hello all! 8)

My friends and I are planning to fly to London from San Francisco, CA to attend Libera's concerts in November. But since we're not familiar with UK yet, we wanted to seek advice on how we're gonna be able to travel to Beverley from downtown London. Heard it's a 3-hour++ train ride. Anyone else in this forum who's also attending both concerts? Would it be better to stay overnight in Beverley since the concert will end late and trains will be unavailable OR are there other modes of transpo we can take to get back to London the same night?
Any info will be greatly appreciated since we are trying to figure out our itinerary. :?:

I already purchased our tickets for the London concert via Ticketweb and will pick them up at the box office. There were no more premium seating tix available so unfortunately for us, we have to settle with the general admission tix. :cry: I will buy our Beverley concert tix as soon as we obtain more info on how to get to Beverley from London and back. Please advise. :?

Thanks a bunch! :)
Wow, great news :D

Right, train is the best way for you to get there and it is about three hours from Kings Cross station to Beverley but you will have to change trains at Doncaster.

You need to book tickets for the train ASAP to get the cheapest fair - this is the website you need:

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/

Looking at the website you are not going to get there and back on the cheap - if you left very early on Saturday (07.10 you could get there for £14.70 but most seats are £21+ to arrive later). Coming back is more expensive - £32.05 unless you don't set off until after 18.30 (£14.70).

One word of warning, these fares are for only the specific train - if you miss that train you can't go on another with that ticket. You have to buy another and it will cost a lot more on the day + no refunds whatever. The website allows you to book open tickets (i.e. travel on any train so if you miss one you can catch another without buying a new ticket but they are £86.60 each way!!!! ).

You will need to buy the ticket on a credit card but the tickets can be collected at any time from the ticket machines in any UK train station (as long as you have the same credit card that you booked with).

You would be best to stay the night in Beverley and return to London on the Sunday.

Just to say it again, if you decide to go by train book those tickets now as they will get more expensive every day.

See you there 8)

p.s. a couple of guys on here F_D_L and Viabuona are doing this trip and I will be, but I'm going back to Leeds and I'll drive over to Beverley form home.
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

How random i just remembered i have actuallly not booked my train tickets for Bristol. I had better get onto that :roll:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

LibeLA, for the sunday you could try going to York for the day and then catching a late evening train from York back to London.

York is a historic city with walls, castle, Cathedral, Romans & vikings. If you are travelling from London anyway it might be a nice side trip for you.

If you do it I would book a single from London to Beverley and then a single from York to London (single = 1 way rail ticket and return means going to one place and then back again the same way). You could then look at getting a seperate ticket (or bus) from Beverley to York (no need to book that in advance).

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

LibeLA wrote:Hello all! 8)

My friends and I are planning to fly to London from San Francisco, CA to attend Libera's concerts in November.
So nice you are coming :D I'm sure you will have some fun around there :lol: 8)
LibeLA

Post by LibeLA »

dani wrote:Thats so cool you are coming all this way for a Libera concerts :)

I would think you would have to spend the night in Beverley after the concert as there would not be a train back at that time.
Hi dani! Oh yes, I'm sure it will all be worth it to travel that far to see Libera again and again. That's what the other fans have been doing and now I understand why. We've been wanting to visit London ever since and I guess, next month would be the best time coz seeing Libera's concert while we're there is absolutely an added special treat!

We are thinking of spending the night in Beverley. Thanks for the advice. Hope to see you in the concerts. :wink:
LibeLA

Post by LibeLA »

Yorkie wrote: LibeLA, for the sunday you could try going to York for the day and then catching a late evening train from York back to London....
Oh woooow! Thank you very much Yorkie for all your suggestions, recommendations & advice. I got more info than what I've expected. I sincerely appreciate you for going out of your way to explain things in full details. We will take them all into consideration and will decide asap...

I'm soooo excited to visit UK for the first time, see our boys' concerts again and meet fellow Libera fans. See you there! :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

LibeLA wrote:
Yorkie wrote: LibeLA, for the sunday you could try going to York for the day and then catching a late evening train from York back to London....
Oh woooow! Thank you very much Yorkie for all your suggestions, recommendations & advice. I got more info than what I've expected. I sincerely appreciate you for going out of your way to explain things in full details. We will take them all into consideration and will decide asap...

I'm soooo excited to visit UK for the first time, see our boys' concerts again and meet fellow Libera fans. See you there! :D
You're welcome and I look forward to meeting up with you at the concerts - just look out for the tall handsome man who looks a bit like Daniel Craig (as dani, Murkskis and F_D_L will confirm).

If you are visiting London for the first time there is lots of useful and independent advice available here:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum- ... gland.html
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Updated Libera promo script confirms a new video for Songs of Praise...

http://forums.about.com/ab-golondon?msg=353.1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and ‘Songs of Praise’ (which broadcast a special Libera documentary and where the group are scheduled to appear later this year).
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:
LibeLA wrote:We will take them all into consideration and will decide asap...

You're welcome and I look forward to meeting up with you at the concerts - just look out for the tall handsome man who looks a bit like daniel Craig (as dani, Murkskis and F_D_L will confirm).
Yeah, Daniel Craig for sure :wink:
BTW, Yorkie is definitely savvy about trains :D He found out easily that I paid too much for my train tickets to Arundel in May :lol: Booking asap helps a lot!

Thanks Jimmy for the link ! You are well informed on the news :wink:

Edit: (following the link)''Libera regularly sing at events and services in cathedrals and churches like Buckfast Abbey and Westminster Cathedral.'' 8) Hmm, is somewhere a schedule available ? :lol:
''Their tours pack out major concert venues and the boys are feted by thousands of enthusiastic fans who queue to meet them and collect autographs''
Awww, a hope for the autographs is still alive. I wouldn't mind unlimited crowds of policemen/security guards behind them or to be checked like a mad terrorist at the airport if Libera arranged a M&G session in UK. :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote: Edit: (following the link)''Libera regularly sing at events and services in cathedrals and churches like Buckfast Abbey and Westminster Cathedral.'' 8) Hmm, is somewhere a schedule available ? :lol:
I think this means that they will perform some of the services (vespers/evensong) when the choir is on holiday or away on tour - the daily worship has to go on so they invite guest choirs in to perform whilst their own choir is away.

If you check the websites they will tell who is performing each daily service but normally only for a few weeks to a month in adavnce. Unfortunately one of the main reasons for my trip to London in a couple of weeks was to attend evensong at Westminster Abbey & St Paul's but it now looks like the boys in both choirs will not be there :cry: - the drawback of booking train tickets three months ahead to get them cheap.
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote: Unfortunately one of the main reasons for my trip to London in a couple of weeks was to attend evensong at Westminster Abbey & t Paul's but it now looks like the boys in both choirs will not be there
Really unlucky :( , live performance is always special and unique 8)
Edit. I have an impression that London is rather large city :wink: I mean you will find some cultural events at that time :D