Andy Winter Fundraising Page

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:
From the two times i have meet B Geraghty i have found her way more snide and nasty than Andy Winter .
Then again it's not their role to be the public face of Libera. They are doing their job protecting the boys. Sometimes you have to be very direct with people, which is not the British way, and that offends some people. I don't fault them for that.
I am English and she was not with the boys and she was just walking around with another chaperone and just made a few snide comments about the fans waiting and i happen to over hear her, even tho she did not say it quietly. Left a bitter taste as was only my second Libera concert and then this year again just the same chip on her shoulder.
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

I am English and she was not with the boys and she was just walking around with another chaperone and just made a few snide comments about the fans waiting and i happen to over hear her, even tho she did not say it quietly. Left a bitter taste as was only my second Libera concert and then this year again just the same chip on her shoulder.
What was her comment? Just curious... :shock:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:

What was her comment? Just curious... :shock:
Just along the lines of she found it pathetic that fans would start to queue so early for Libera concerts and laughing at the fans waiting as she walked past. You had to be there to hear the tone of voice as well as she just came across as nasty.

For my second concert it stuck me as quite vile. And has stayed with me.

When they have there begging bowls out i just remember what some of there staff are actually like and i find some of there behavior in the u,k hyporcritical.
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

I wonder what RP would say about that? :shock:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is there any way I can donate in American dollars using an American VISA card?
Grunthex

Post by Grunthex »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there any way I can donate in American dollars using an American VISA card?
I second that questions. Well Canadian, but what's the difference really. :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there any way I can donate in American dollars using an American VISA card?
I suggest you to donate in pounds ! Your bank will do the currency exchange (1GBP is approx 1.56 USD ) for you. It worked for me easily :)

P.s. 1GBP is approx 1.64 CAD

just in case:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/business/mar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... efault.stm
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:I wonder what RP would say about that? :shock:
Actually not a whole lot RP could really do about it. Mrs G. is one of the board of directors. I saw her name on the incorporation papers.

I wonder if she knows she was over heard??? I do have a way of spilling the beans as it were, if necessary. Dani, any thoughts on that? Would you like me to?
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think the V for Vendetta club should ease on the brakes a little.

All the chaperones have a very difficult and sometimes unpopular job of trying to keep order and maintain the safety and security of the Libera boys. Think of it like a traffic warden. They are not very popular but if they weren’t there it would be apoplectic chaos. Allowing all those selfish ‘dog-eat-dog’ people out there to do what they hell they like at the inconvenience to everybody else.

I’m not going to get into what might have been overheard, or possibly misheard, but you can’t build up a case for the jury based on insubstantial evidence sourced from hearsay.

Mrs G has been chaperoning Libera on their duties since time began, and the last thing she would worry about is having her own fan club. As long as she keeps the best interests of her subjects at heart (which was clearly demonstrated by the post written by Craig over on yahoo groups, when she stepped in to rebuke some guy who had leaned over and best-mate slapped Stefan on the shoulder) then she has no complaints from me.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I think the V for Vendetta club should ease on the brakes a little.

All the chaperones have a very difficult and sometimes unpopular job of trying to keep order and maintain the safety and security of the Libera boys. Think of it like a traffic warden. They are not very popular but if they weren’t there it would be apoplectic chaos. Allowing all those selfish ‘dog-eat-dog’ people out there to do what they hell they like at the inconvenience to everybody else.

I’m not going to get into what might have been overheard, or possibly misheard, but you can’t build up a case for the jury based on insubstantial evidence sourced from hearsay.

Mrs G has been chaperoning Libera on their duties since time began, and the last thing she would worry about is having her own fan club. As long as she keeps the best interests of her subjects at heart (which was clearly demonstrated by the post written by Craig over on yahoo groups, when she stepped in to rebuke some guy who had leaned over and best-mate slapped Stefan on the shoulder) then she has no complaints from me.

I know exactly what i heard and i dont appreciate being made out to be a lier, i have no axe to grind as i dont know her and considering i think her son is the best treble singer ever to sing in Libera it would be pretty odd to have a dislike to her .

And also there was no boys around at the time she happened to be walking past the doors of the church and made a snide underhand comment about the fans waiting. So she was not protecting anybody and it was uncalled for.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Also on this subject some would say being heavy handed. In front of a crowd of people she basically called a guy a pedo for touching a boy and im sure embarrassed Stefan and everybody around who watched.

What would of been wrong with waiting till he got to the end of the line and then quietly having a word and just kindly remind him that you are not allowed to touch the boys and that would of got the message across just as well. Instead of making a scene infront of the boys and the people watching???

Also lets not forget such rules are not followed in Japan when we see the boys running along clapping hands with the japanese fans so clearly its one rule for one bunch of fans and another for another set.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Also on this subject some would say being heavy handed. In front of a crowd of people she basically called a guy a pedo for touching a boy and im sure embarrassed Stefan and everybody around who watched.
I'll quote you the thoughts of the person who was actually there right next to the guy and in a much better position to observe the situation;
While talking to James, the person behind me in line whose conversation with Stefan was getting more and more upbeat, reached over and slapped Stefan firmly on the shoulder a couple of times (buddy style, not to hurt him but to show they had a connection). The sound of the slaps caught my attention.

Barbara walked over, parked herself right behind Stefan with arms folded, looked away so as not to embarrass him, and firmly said, "Do not touch the children please!"

I didn't pay any more attention to them. It was good that Barbara said something. This guy was in his 20's and meant no harm, but it was an aggressive move that if I was part of the Libera entourage, would've been concerned about.
So he came to the conclusion that there was no embarassment caused to Stefan, and in his oppinion was something that needed to be addressed immediately. There's a difference between offering a handshake, or holding your hand up to high five, than leaning over the table and manhandling a boy you don't even know. He might not have meant any harm, but you have to set a precedent, because if you give an inch, somebody, somewhere will take a yard.

I didn’t call you a liar, I hinted that you may have mistaken what was said in a private conversation and read more into it than what was intended.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Ok, everybody. Time to take a deep breath and calm down.

As a former performing musician and a chaperon as well, one must learn to control what is said when the fans are present. Yes, some fans do get out of hand but decorum must be maintained, unless there is a physical threat.
Also, it is ok for a performer or chaperon to have personal opinions about the fans but it needs to be kept to themselves or at least, not said out loud where the fans can hear it.

When I offered to make the effort to let Mrs. G know she was overheard it was not anything other than to let her know that her voice does carry and that maybe she doesn't even realize she was overheard.

A personal experience I had with one of the TSO members shows how bad actions can affect how fans interact with the celebrity. The narrator, Brian Hicks, was very rude to me once at a meet&greet. Ever since then, when I am going down the line, I do not look or speak to him and I remove my program from the person before him and hand it to the person after him. I will not let him sign anything of mine. This past Easter at their concert, the lead guitarist saw me do this and asked me why I did it. I told him and he promised me that Brian would be talked to about it.

That said, I still may email Andy just to ask him to mention to Mrs. G that she was overheard, not to cause problems, but just so she realizes people do hear things. Andy himself learned this in the spring tour.

Oh yeah, no more "comments" on this issue please. We are all friends here on Dreams.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Murkskis wrote:
I suggest you to donate in pounds ! Your bank will do the currency exchange (1GBP is approx 1.56 USD ) for you. It worked for me easily :)

P.s. 1GBP is approx 1.64 CAD

just in case:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/business/mar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... efault.stm
So if I use an American VISA card the amount will be exchanged automatically?
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

TullyBascombe wrote: So if I use an American VISA card the amount will be exchanged automatically?
Yes, the conversion is done automatically. I use my VISA card in the UK all the time. Depending on your bank, you may be charged a foreign exchange fee (about 1%).

Rich