Silver Member

Andy Winter Fundraising Page

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

Don't know if anyone has seen this.

http://www.justgiving.com/andywinter/
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I have a way to reach Andy. I will email him and ask if this is really set up by him. Don't expect any kind of answer from me or him until he gets home from the US.
My advice to all here on Dreams is to not donate any money there until I find out if it is real. I am a little concerned since you can donate to the choir on their main web page and their Facebook page.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

thank you TEB,

if it does turn out to be legit, seems a good idea--if i understand it, he is running a marathon for them!

that's dedication.

hey YORKIE--how come you didn't do this already??
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:I have a way to reach Andy. I will email him and ask if this is really set up by him. Don't expect any kind of answer from me or him until he gets home from the US.
My advice to all here on Dreams is to not donate any money there until I find out if it is real. I am a little concerned since you can donate to the choir on their main web page and their Facebook page.
It is - it is linked to the Libera page on the same site
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:It is - it is linked to the Libera page on the same site
The only loophole I see in that is another person http://www.justgiving.com/Adrian-libera-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has also set up his donation page and linked to the official libera just giving page aswell, and he's just a fan.

Maybe someone can drop a note to Andy Winter on their official facebook page (he does all their updates) or even his twitter page http://twitter.com/andywinter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just to ask him to confirm the authenticity of it.

In the meantime probably just best to donate via the official link on their 'official' website.
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

TEB wrote:I have a way to reach Andy. I will email him and ask if this is really set up by him. Don't expect any kind of answer from me or him until he gets home from the US.
so i just talked to andy winter,while waiting in line, about the just giving page and he said it was completly legit you can donate to his or liberas page and it will all go directly to libera :D
Dennis
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

whitetail1985 wrote:
so i just talked to andy winter,while waiting in line, about the just giving page and he said it was completly legit you can donate to his or liberas page and it will all go directly to libera :D
Told you so :D

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

whitetail1985 wrote:
Aye! Andy emailed me back tonight with the same news!!! :D
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Do any of you guys know what Andy is doing to raise the money? Normally this site is used to collect sponcorship money for people who undertake a specific task (e.g. run the London Marathon for Cancer Reasearch or cycle across France for Famine Relief).

I assume he must be doing something or there would be no need to set up his own page and then pass the money to Libera.

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

No. He didn't say. He only told me that it really was his personal page.
I did ask him if the choir was in that a desperate need of money but he didn't answer that question.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Yorkie wrote:Do any of you guys know what Andy is doing to raise the money? Normally this site is used to collect sponcorship money for people who undertake a specific task (e.g. run the London Marathon for Cancer Reasearch or cycle across France for Famine Relief).

I assume he must be doing something or there would be no need to set up his own page and then pass the money to Libera.
He said that anyone could create a justgiving page and filter the donations to Libera, He used running a marathon as an example so my guess is that is what he did. People have said that he is a mean man but while I was talking to him he was extremely friendly.
Dennis
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

whitetail1985 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Do any of you guys know what Andy is doing to raise the money? Normally this site is used to collect sponcorship money for people who undertake a specific task (e.g. run the London Marathon for Cancer Reasearch or cycle across France for Famine Relief).

He said that anyone could create a justgiving page and filter the donations to Libera, He used running a marathon as an example so my guess is that is what he did. People have said that he is a mean man but while I was talking to him he was extremely friendly.
I too know of some people who say the same thing but he has always been very nice to me. Always answers any of the questions I pose to him.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

whitetail1985 wrote:People have said that he is a mean man but while I was talking to him he was extremely friendly.
People who didn't get what they wanted, behaved in a selfish, petulant way, thus demonstrating a maturity level far beyond what would have been expected of them, to the extent were you would have been forgiven for thinking the roles had been reversed and they were the children not Libera; may have said he was mean but I don't think we need to worry about them.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yes i have also heard a lot of fans slag him off but at the end of the days its his job to protect the boys and as long as he does that then who cares.

From the two times i have meet B Geraghty i have found her way more snide and nasty than Andy Winter .
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

From the two times i have meet B Geraghty i have found her way more snide and nasty than Andy Winter .
Then again it's not their role to be the public face of Libera. They are doing their job protecting the boys. Sometimes you have to be very direct with people, which is not the British way, and that offends some people. I don't fault them for that.