Will there be a Libera US Tour in 2010?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

News have been added on the official Blog ! :D

http://blog.libera.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From 27th July to 13th August, in Dallas, St Louis, Nashville, Atlanta and a couple more cities elsewhere in the south and midwest.

Edit : now also on facebook.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Great news. I hope Dreamers in the US can go for the concerts.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Finally the speculation is at an end. So they are concentrating on Middle America. Hmmm...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Wow. Those are a lot of cities! :) There were some talks about understudy soloists in another thread, they are definitely going to be used now. Alternate soloists are probably in the works.

Or maybe not. If they do one performance per city, the number of performances is just slightly higher than the recent Asian Tour so they'll probably manage with the same soloists for each city. Although a lot of traveling in a short time is going to take it's toll.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

wow, i did not imagine they would go to those cities (except Dallas).

great that we have notice, i definitely will be attending, but it depends on which cities are offering more than one concert, or maybe i can go from one city to a closer one. dates also matter for me.

but i can definitely go, so let the excitement (and budgeting) begin!!!!!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

All of those are to far south for me... :( Hopefully they'll make it a teensy bit farther north, into North Carolina, Virginia or D.C.! :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

While it's not right in my back yard, I'm liking the itinerary so far. This looks like the first time I'll be able to drive to a Libera concert without stepping off a plane first! :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I tried to find out the venues (cathedrals, churches) where Libera may go in Dallas, St Louis, Nashville and Atlanta, but I found nowhere the name "libera" in the scheduled events on the internet sites.

In St Louis the venue that seems the most adapted to a Libera concert is the St Louis Cathedral
http://www.cathedralconcerts.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Vienna Boys Choir is going there in november :)
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

thanks for looking Fan de Loek!!!

i can't wait to have all the information, so i can have fun choosing a city!

right now, Atlanta is at the top of my list!

but we will see, some of it may come down to costs, as i am from California.
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

libera36 wrote:All of those are to far south for me... :( Hopefully they'll make it a teensy bit farther north, into North Carolina, Virginia or D.C.! :)
I second that request!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

A whole 2 week tour, including possibly 5 cities? That's pretty extensive. I wonder who arranged their venue. Maybe they made some friends in the Public Broadcasting System?
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

It's all very exciting :) ... I am glad to see that they are breaking new ground in the US and potentially increasing there popularity and fan base. I just wish they would give more notice between notification of concert and the actual event.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Too far away for me as well. I was hoping for a Central Pennsylvania concert or 2. Harrisburg, the capitol, has the perfect place for a Libera show, The Forum Theatre, which holds 2,000. And there is alway my church, Aldersgate United Methodist in Hampden Township,
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
MWheeler

Post by MWheeler »

Yes, Pennsylvania would be WONDERFUL!!! Although, I guess we had our turn in their first tour. :D
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Pretty cool that this time they gonna cover quite a bit of cities in the US. Hopefully you guys in the US could attend as many concerts as possible, and Libera will have sell out concerts there! I know Dallas (think cowboys!) is in Texas, Nashville is in Tennessee (think country music and BBQ sauce), Atlanta is in Georgia (think R&B music, where Justin Bieber lives now) and St. Louis is in Missouri (think Mississippi river) but are the places very far apart?

I think it's pretty cool the way the select the places. Go checked out the USA map and you're get what I meant. Although it just 4 or 5 venues but it makes it convenient for at least people from 10-15 states to attend the concerts.