St Philip's, the Vicar and the future........

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well if we are saying (and it's always emphasised) that you should not go to St Philip's to see & hear Libera, you should go as an act of worship to the church itself, then a decline in parishioners is far from surprising.
Yorkie wrote:Jimmy, do you know if there is a financial relationship between Libera and St P's? Does any of the money that Libera generate go to the church in anyway?

If it does then it seems unlikely that anything will change for the worse. If it doesn't then perhaps I can see where resentment #might# come in to the equation.
The financial relationship between St Philip's and Libera is not documented, and their 'non-for-profit' status might prevent them form doing this. However I would be very surprised, if some funding is not released to the church by Libera's success.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

JimmyRiddle wrote: The financial relationship between St Philip's and Libera is not documented, and their 'non-for-profit' status might prevent them form doing this.
Although financials and other key numbers aren't always available to the public (just as much as finding financials for private for-profit companies are difficult), non-profits also document them. They have to, or they are gonna fall into deeeeep trouble sooner or later without even knowing it.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dearmadine wrote: Although financials and other key numbers aren't always available to the public (just as much as finding financials for private for-profit companies are difficult), non-profits also document them. They have to, or they are gonna fall into deeeeep trouble sooner or later without even knowing it.
They do in the UK too but Libera has only been set up as a charity for just over a year so that info is not in the public domain yet. They also need to hit a certain level of income as well.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Yorkie wrote:
dearmadine wrote: Although financials and other key numbers aren't always available to the public (just as much as finding financials for private for-profit companies are difficult), non-profits also document them. They have to, or they are gonna fall into deeeeep trouble sooner or later without even knowing it.
They do in the UK too but Libera has only been set up as a charity for just over a year so that info is not in the public domain yet. They also need to hit a certain level of income as well.
yup.

I'd love to see the financials, but I doubt Libera will ever make that info public :p
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dearmadine wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
yup.

I'd love to see the financials, but I doubt Libera will ever make that info public :p
I'll send you a copy when I get hold of them :D

Mercy & Love
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Yorkie wrote:
dearmadine wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
yup.

I'll send you a copy when I get hold of them :D
I'll dedicate a blog for you if you do that ;)
Titled "Beautiful Yorkie*" lol
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dearmadine wrote:
I'll dedicate a blog for you if you do that ;)
Titled "Beautiful Yorkie*" lol
Do I get a kiss with that :wink:

Mercy & Love
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Murkskis wrote:Agree with you TullyBascombe :wink:

"I have not personally been to the church but i know people who do and St Phillips normally have more people in the choir on Sundays than people actually watching. They are not hugely popular at the church and neither is the church."

OMG. It's a pity that people there don't use much the opportunity to see or listen to them. But on the other hand - the church attracts visitors (or tourists is the right word :roll: ) from very long distances ! At least virtually- that's for sure ! :D
its such a pitty that poeple are not enjoying libera as much as a choir i wish people can see the boys as something and not as a boys choir but i wish for all the best there
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

I'm happy to say that a packed St Philips Church gave the Vicar a warm send off this morning after 27 years of leading the church.

In what was one of the nicest services I've experienced in my years visiting St Philips, a full choir sang beautifully and at the very end, sang 'Deep Peace', lead by Stefan. A truly memorable service. :D

Rich
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Rich wrote:I'm happy to say that a packed St Philips Church gave the Vicar a warm send off this morning after 27 years of leading the church.

In what was one of the nicest services I've experienced in my years visiting St Philips, a full choir sang beautifully and at the very end, sang 'Deep Peace', lead by Stefan. A truly memorable service. :D

Rich
That is wonderful to hear! Thank you for your comments.
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rich wrote:I'm happy to say that a packed St Philips Church gave the Vicar a warm send off this morning after 27 years of leading the church.

Rich
Rich, were you at Arundel? Were you the guy I chatted with who said he was Tom's friend?

Mercy & Love
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

Yorkie wrote: Rich, were you at Arundel? Were you the guy I chatted with who said he was Tom's friend?
No. I made these plans to visit the UK several months ago, before the concert was announced. Due to prior plans on Saturday, I was not able to attend the concert, but instead, planned to attend services at St. Philips Sunday morning

Rich
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rich wrote:
Yorkie wrote: Rich, were you at Arundel? Were you the guy I chatted with who said he was Tom's friend?
No. I made these plans to visit the UK several months ago, before the concert was announced. Due to prior plans on Saturday, I was not able to attend the concert, but instead, planned to attend services at St. Philips Sunday morning

Rich
Oh, that's a shame - you must have been frustrated at being so near and yet unable to go. What was the atmosphere like at the service? I take it the boys sang their parts well after the night before.
Last edited by Yorkie on Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

Yes, it was a bit frustrating not to be able to attend, but I had spent a lot of money (> £100) for theatre tickets for Saturday matinee and evening shows and I didn't feel like losing that amount of money.

The atmosphere at the church was bittersweet. There were tears as people said goodbye to the Vicar :( , but now he can enjoy retirement. :)

The lads were in great form and sang beautifully. It appears there was a full complement of lads to send the Vicar off into retirement, including the veterans - Josh, Liam, Michael H., Tom, Callum - as well as the newcomers. In fact, the only noticable absence was mini-Ben.

It was a bit sad at the end. I thought the service was over when Stefan started singing 'Deep Peace'. I think the Vicar was truly moved by this, as he just closed his eyes for a few moments. I'll admit, I thought I was going to need a tissue. :lol:

Rich
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, I hope the shows were good :D

I almost went to the service (Patrick and the other fans from the French forum tried hard to persuade me) but it just didn't feel right for me, not being religious and all.

Glad to hear that Stephan's voice was back to his best - his mum said on Saturday that he'd strained it a bit with the amount of singing he'd done recently.

Mercy & Love