Will there be a Libera US Tour in 2010?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a US visit too, but hopefully not between September and December, because I might be studying in London then. The irony would be too great. I'd totally cry, haha. If Libera ever managed another US tour, it would be awesome to have a forum gathering, a la the Arundel folks!
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

i m going wherever it is in the states, so i would love to get together with you all!!!
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Flora wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a US visit too, but hopefully not between September and December, because I might be studying in London then. The irony would be too great. I'd totally cry, haha. If Libera ever managed another US tour, it would be awesome to have a forum gathering, a la the Arundel folks!
Ahh... but you will be in London. You can visit them anytime.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

katyafan wrote:i m going wherever it is in the states, so i would love to get together with you all!!!
I feel the same way! As long as it's somewhere in the US, I'm willing to fly or hitchhike or pogostick to get there.
phlibera wrote:
Flora wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a US visit too, but hopefully not between September and December, because I might be studying in London then. The irony would be too great. I'd totally cry, haha. If Libera ever managed another US tour, it would be awesome to have a forum gathering, a la the Arundel folks!
I've thought about this, but I'm worried it would be too invasive to go to their church! What do you think?
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

Flora wrote:
katyafan wrote:i m going wherever it is in the states, so i would love to get together with you all!!!
I feel the same way! As long as it's somewhere in the US, I'm willing to fly or hitchhike or pogostick to get there.
phlibera wrote:
I've thought about this, but I'm worried it would be too invasive to go to their church! What do you think?
As long as you keep a good distance from the stars, I do not think there should be a problem. I think there are others who can answer your questions better because I have never been to England, or Europe for that matter.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora wrote:I've thought about this, but I'm worried it would be too invasive to go to their church! What do you think?
I've never been and I don't think I ever would to be honest - it isn't the same as Libera.

They are used to getting visitors because of the fame of the boys so you shouldn't have a problem (especially as a young woman from the States). It is entirely up to you - if you want to go then go. Look at it this way, if you don't go you may never get the chance again and you might regret it whenever you looked back to your time here.

Where are you going to study by the way? Are you looking forward to it? Why did you decide to do it (and chose the UK)? Nosey aren't I?
Last edited by Yorkie on Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Flora wrote:
phlibera wrote:Ahh... but you will be in London. You can visit them anytime.
It wouldn't be invasive at all as long as you don't approach any of them. Of course, what I hear is that you don't get to hear the Libera sound at the church services. So it wouldn't be the same as attending a concert. But you could attend concerts that will be held in London during your stay.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:
Flora wrote:I've thought about this, but I'm worried it would be too invasive to go to their church! What do you think?
I've never been and I don't think I ever would to be honest - it isn't the same as Libera.

They are used to getting visitors because of the fame of the boys so you shouldn't have a problem (especially as a young woman from the States). It is entirely up to you - if you want to go then go. Look at it this way, if you don't go you may never get the chance again and you might regret it whenever you looked back to your time here.

Where are you going to study by the way? Are you looking forward to it? Why did you decide to do it (and chose the UK)? Nosey aren't I?
I suggest that you go visit their church, Flora. Like what you said above, it would be a bitter irony if you an American fan is in London when they do their tour in the US. Pray that the rumored return visit to the Philippines in October is true. That way the US tour will probably be around summer in your country. You will be happy, and I, living in the Philippines will be happy as well. Win-win situation for both of us. :lol: :lol:

I was awake 26 hours in my Cebu-Manila-Cebu travel just to catch Libera live in concert last month. The whole thing cost me around US$130, more if I chose to lodge in Manila instead of going immediately to the airport and wait out my dawn flight back to Cebu. It cost me just a fraction of that when they visited Cebu last October 2009. But I didn't really mind because as Yorkie wrote above, we can't really know when's the next chance we get to attend their concerts.
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Flora wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a US visit too,
but hopefully not between September and December, because I might be studying in London then. The irony would be too great. I'd totally cry, haha. If Libera ever managed another US tour, it would be awesome to have a forum gathering, a la the Arundel folks!
Between September and December would not be a great time at all. That bit of irony would definitely suck. I'll keep my fingers double crossed that they come to the U.S. and at a great time.
Flora, what are you going to be studying in London?
And katyafan, it would be great to get together too. We all talk on the forum, but it would be great to actually meet.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Thank you all for your opinions about visiting the church! I have qualms about being around any of the group members in a non-concert setting, but if they're used to seeing new people for services, I might try to work up the nerve! I just wouldn't want to infringe on a preexisting community, and I definitely don't want to seem creepy. Well, creepier, haha. Friends tell me I have this unintentional habit of sitting alone in public places, looking shady.
Yorkie wrote:Where are you going to study by the way? Are you looking forward to it? Why did you decide to do it (and chose the UK)? Nosey aren't I?
If my application gets cleared, I will be studying at City University. I don't want to set my heart on it yet, but I'm really, really hoping they'll pick me for the program--I'm an English/art major and a big fan of Chaucer and Shakespeare, and the curriculum includes visits to Canterbury and a class taught in the Globe Theatre! It just sounds too good to be true. I've been to London once before on a concert tour, and the city was amazing. People there sure talk funny, though. ♥

Phlibera, your dedication is amazing! I hope they visit the Philippines again soon, and at a convenient time for you. And jesuspeace34, a stop in Florida would be fabulous! Disney World, Libera, and a forum meet-up; could it get any better?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Flora,
Don't sweat it going to Saint P's for services. Any church always welcomes visitors. But, like the others said, you won't hear the Libera sound there. When in church, they are simply known as the boys choir and they sing with the adult choir.
Also, unless they have changed the rules in the last couple of months, you won't get the chance to approach the boys as they are sequestered as soon as worship is over.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Where are you going to study by the way? Are you looking forward to it? Why did you decide to do it (and chose the UK)? Nosey aren't I?
If my application gets cleared, I will be studying at City University. I don't want to set my heart on it yet, but I'm really, really hoping they'll pick me for the program--I'm an English/art major and a big fan of Chaucer and Shakespeare, and the curriculum includes visits to Canterbury and a class taught in the Globe Theatre! It just sounds too good to be true. I've been to London once before on a concert tour, and the city was amazing. People there sure talk funny, though. ♥
Great stuff - and as a student of the arts don't forget we have some great art galleries as well (plus all public museums are free in the UK). The chance to travel is always great - even if you end up in a place you hate it helps you to appreciate what you have at home!

Agree with you about those Londoners sounding funny though - they don't talk proper like what I does up 'ere in Yorkshire tha knows.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

Flora wrote:Thank you all for your opinions about visiting the church! I have qualms about being around any of the group members in a non-concert setting, but if they're used to seeing new people for services, I might try to work up the nerve! I just wouldn't want to infringe on a preexisting community, and I definitely don't want to seem creepy. Well, creepier, haha. Friends tell me I have this unintentional habit of sitting alone in public places, looking shady.
Flora,
I've been visiting the church for years during my semi-annual trips to the UK. In fact, I'll be there on the 16th. The locals are most welcoming, so no need for any qualms. :D

Rich
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Rich wrote:Flora,
I've been visiting the church for years during my semi-annual trips to the UK. In fact, I'll be there on the 16th. The locals are most welcoming, so no need for any qualms. :D

Rich
Oh, on the 16th. There's this post in another thread saying that Libera won't be singing in the services on that date.
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

phlibera wrote:
Rich wrote:Flora,

Rich
Oh, on the 16th. There's this post in another thread saying that Libera won't be singing in the services on that date.
According to the church's website, they won't be doing the evening service.