The vent thread

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

There are three things someone can do to me that are guaranteed to anger me into the red zone: be rude to me, lie to me or about me that I find out and refuse to return an email or phone message.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yep Tom, I can agree to all those.

Next one for me I think. On trains/buses, people who play crappy music through the speaker of their mobile (cell) phone at loud volume.

I was coming back from Manchester tonight and this teenage scrote with a bad attitude nearly had his phone shoved up right where the sun don't shine.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
tako fire

Re: The vent thread

Post by tako fire »

Yorkie wrote:What annoys you? What really ticks you off? Somebody got on your bad side but you just bit your lip because you didn't want to unload the full wrath of your temper on them?
People who seem to think Susan Boyle is the one and only person in the whole of the British Isles who can sing music.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Something else that gets me extremely depressed and angry at the same time are people who abuse their pets.
The ASPCA(American Society for the Prevention of Cruelity to Animals) is doing some fund raising and they are running a tv advert showing some pics of some very abused pets. Dogs beaten sensless. Cats with broken legs, a cat that looks like someone threw bleach in its face and so on. While I am not a dog person, I feel empathy for the dogs. I am a cat person and I felt sick to my stomach and started to cry when I saw the face of the poor cat with the bleach burns. It is bad enough that people abuse people, but then they do it to there mostly defenseless pets, it makes me just want to do the same to them.
Recently in my area, a teenage girl adopted a kitten from a local shelter. The kitten thought it was going to a good home for a long comfortable life. The reality was, the girl took the kitten home, set up a video camera in her basement, and filmed her boyfriends pit bull killing the kitten. The girl couldn't understand why she was was arrested after she sent pics from the vid to friends over her cell phone. She and all pet abusers are lower than the lowest creature on God's Earth.
I hope God has set aside a very special place in Hell for these kind of people. Beat your dog, hurt your cat, go to Hell. :x :evil:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

libera36

Post by libera36 »

TEB wrote:Something else that gets me extremely depressed and angry at the same time are people who abuse their pets.
The ASPCA(American Society for the Prevention of Cruelity to Animals) is doing some fund raising and they are running a tv advert showing some pics of some very abused pets. Dogs beaten sensless. Cats with broken legs, a cat that looks like someone threw bleach in its face and so on. While I am not a dog person, I feel empathy for the dogs. I am a cat person and I felt sick to my stomach and started to cry when I saw the face of the poor cat with the bleach burns. It is bad enough that people abuse people, but then they do it to there mostly defenseless pets, it makes me just want to do the same to them.
Recently in my area, a teenage girl adopted a kitten from a local shelter. The kitten thought it was going to a good home for a long comfortable life. The reality was, the girl took the kitten home, set up a video camera in her basement, and filmed her boyfriends pit bull killing the kitten. The girl couldn't understand why she was was arrested after she sent pics from the vid to friends over her cell phone. She and all pet abusers are lower than the lowest creature on God's Earth.
I hope God has set aside a very special place in Hell for these kind of people. Beat your dog, hurt your cat, go to Hell. :x :evil:
:cry: That made me want to cry.... :cry: The poor little kitten! My family would have adopted a cat from the ASPCA if it was possible, but we had to get a Persian cat (because they are apparently hypo-allergenic! :shock: ) from a breeder. I'd like to volunteer at our local ASPCA someday, though.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Animal cruelty is a terrible thing. People that torture animals are always a very short step away from hurting people.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Did anyone catch Glenn Beck's "a frog will jump out of boiling water" fiasco?

Beck has been saying for awhile that the reason for the town hall protests and the "tea partys" isn't racism, but because Obama's programs are so "extreme" that they're like boiling water. He's been saying that if you put a frog in warm water and slowly raise the temperature it will stay put, but if you put it into boiling water it will jump out. He did a little demo on one of his shows. He took a small frog and dropped it into a pan of boiling water - and it just died. Fortunately the pan was aluminum, not glass, so the audience didn't have to watch it die.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I hope the ASPCA was waiting in the wings with the police to arrest him. Frog or not, it was one of God's creations and he had no right to do that to it. It deserved a life as well.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

I agree Tom. Some may not agree with me on this but I choose to give all my charitable contributions every year to ones that help animals. My thought is people have to ability to and can help themselves, animals do not have this choice, they only have those of us who care enough to do what we can to help. I make regular contributions to the Humane Society, The ASPCA, Defenders of Wildlife, and the local animal shelter where I have adopted all of my pets. Just my choice. :D
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Well I know this sounds stupid, but if I'm in a library or something I absolutely hate it when people have their iPod turned up so loudly that I can hear their music halfway across the room! I mean seriously...haven't they ever heard of common courtesy? Plus, that's very bad for their hearing. I thought the whole point of an iPod was so you could listen privately and quietly to music of your own choosing, and not pollute the air with it and make everyone else suffer. I always make sure that no one else can hear the music I'm listening to so it's not blasting from my headphones.

Another thing that bothers me even more is when people wear so much scent (perfume, cologne, lotion, etc.) that you can smell them like 50 feet away. That is disgusting, and so rude. Once I was in the library at university and this person was sitting around 20 feet away and I could smell their cologne as if I were literally sitting 6 inches away from them. It was horrible. And they were listening to their music loudly and eating in the library (which, by the way, is not allowed), making extremely loud crunching/crackling sounds, so that is three strikes against them. It annoyed me so much I had to get up and leave, moving to another floor.

I also dislike people that do not use their turn signals, or don't stop at stop signs or cross intersections out of turn or tailgate me for driving a normal, safe speed (aka the speed limit or sometimes slightly above it) and then glare at me as they speed past.

Wow I seem to be in a disgruntled mood right now. On the plus side, I love Libera's new song "O Sanctissima" and was pleased with the new video posted, since it shows some more recent pictures of the boys.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I get really irritated when I see lovebirds showing Public Displays of Lust err... Affection inside Public Transpos. It's rather annoying that the people around are more embarrassed than the lovebirds themselves.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

aaden

Post by aaden »

carina_gino20 wrote:I get really irritated when I see lovebirds showing Public Displays of Lust err... Affection inside Public Transpos. It's rather annoying that the people around are more embarrassed than the lovebirds themselves.
yes i think that is just weird. some times people at school will get all kissy and no one wants to see that.
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

aaden wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:I get really irritated when I see lovebirds showing Public Displays of Lust err... Affection inside Public Transpos. It's rather annoying that the people around are more embarrassed than the lovebirds themselves.
yes i think that is just weird. some times people at school will get all kissy and no one wants to see that.
I totally agree with you both! haha pda is so gross. especially in the halls when it is so crowded already. ugh!
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Gah. Lately I've been constantly reminded of one of the things that never fails to annoy me: atheists who believe that they have a monopoly on intelligence and reason.

Sorry to other atheists on this board. I know you all are kind.haha. At least I hope you're not the kind who instantly thinks that anyone who believes in religion or in any sort of God is a backward, unintelligent, poor, misguided person. I know there are atheists who are pretty much 'live and let live' and are not anti-religious. But lately, I've been reading so many articles that either hint of a disdain for religion, especially Catholicism, or downright mocks and makes fun of religious people. I absolutely get annoyed with those. A short lookup on history will show many religious people who have contributed to music, the arts, and science (gasp!).

And if any of you do think of us that way, I sincerely hope you'd reconsider that thinking. Thanks in advance!

/getting off the soapbox. rant over.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I needed to post a package to the States today. Left work at midday and went to the post office. Full. Packed. Heaving. Actually queueing out of the door!

Who was there? Women with kids (not working), pensioners (not working), people living on state benefits (not working). WHY DO THEY GO IN TO THE POST OFFICE AT LUNCHTIME? HOW THICK ARE THEY? HONESTLY, WHAT SORT OF MORON WHO HAS ALL DAY TO FANNY AROUND DECIDES TO GO TO A POST OFFICE AT LUNCHTIME WHEN THOSE OF US WHO WORK HAVE NO OTHER TIME TO GO THERE ?

Sorry, Tom but you'll need to wait for a few days longer.

Mercy & Love