Next Tour

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Where do you think Libera will tour after Epsom?

1.UK
3%
2. Continental Europe
3%
3. Canada
21%
4. USA
10%
5 Canada and USA
34%
6. Far East
28%

Total votes: 29

john45
Gold Member

Next Tour

Post by john45 »

Polls seem to be popular so here goes:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

My guess is Canada and USA. Apparently they are considering this region. But Far East seems like another realistic option, because of the large fan base there. (and because of the tasty Sushi in Japan)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

I think that they will go to the Far East because they do have a huge fan base there and a lot of support. However, I'm still hoping they come to the US/Canada, and that maybe I'll be in a position to see them live this time. The other times they were in the US, they were too far away from me (East Coast, West Coast and then the South, like Georgia etc.) and I was a student but now that I am not a student I may have time and money to go see them.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Murkskis wrote:My guess is Canada and USA. Apparently they are considering this region. But Far East seems like another realistic option, because of the large fan base there. (and because of the tasty Sushi in Japan)
So far the best sushi I had was in... Canada :shock:

I remember that the Epsom concert was announced as a pre-US-tour concert, and in the radio interview with Freddie and Kavana a while ago they also mentioned Canada, so that's why I voted USA/Canada. Although Far East is probably just as sure an option, seeing as how immensely popular they are over there. Such a contrast to the Netherlands!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

I put Canada because I think Libera is still financially recovering from the unexpected detour from last spring.

I don't think they are going to Korea or Japan this spring. It's almost March and the possibility is kinda low at this point since Libera usually announces concert at least two months ahead. The Philippines tour last year was an exception because it was an "extended" component of the spring tour rather than a whole new category.

America is probably the most expensive country for Libera to travel. I remember someone from Yahoo AV discussed that their visas alone cost about $15,000 USD and the total expense was like 88k.

So I guess it's Canada's turn as the boys mentioned early this year. I don't know for certain but I remember someone from either this forum or Yahoo AV saying that the visa cost is much less in Canada.

On a second thought, there might be a possibility for Libera to stop by America if their visas from last year are still valid. Why not take an advantage of $15,000 if you can reuse it.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Canada could be favourite, although I wouldn't be surprised if they make a mini detour to Japan first in relation to promoting this NHK 'Madonna Verde' and the soundtrack they have been involved with.

I don't think there will be any major concerts at the bigger venues, (as dearmadine says it's getting a little late for this now) but maybe something a little more intimate, and a bit of TV work. Who knows?
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I'm putting my money on US/Canada. As other people have mentioned, the 'PRIOR TO US TOUR' on the Epsom poster plus the radio interview have given hints to that. Plus I've already made arangements in Canada with an aunt who is now a Libera fan. She offered to let me stay with them, and then she'd bring me around to the concerts. As for the US, my mom already promised we'd go to some/most of the concerts even before we decided to go to Epsom. They should announce it any day now, really. Within the next week or so, I hope! :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Loads of good ideas here. I think they might even visit both ends- Canada/USA because it was talked about in the interview and mentioned on Epsom poster and Japan/Far East because of the new mini album. Releasing a new album usually includes a promotional campaign and some budget for that. So their visit would be the best part of the campaign. (hopefully somebody reads this stuff in Japan :lol: :lol: )
P.s. Although Sushi is a good reason anyway...
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

I remember hearing about South East Asia. As for which country, I think Thailand could be a possibility since Kavana is of Thai descent.
printen

Post by printen »

I hope they visit Thailand, I live there. But I dont think they will. Libera is unknown in Thailand. Even in Bangkok you can't get a CD of them. I LIve in the North of Thailand in Chiang Mai, the second biggest city in Thailand and Libera is unknown there. Been to all the shops and no CD of Libera. :?
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

I hope they don't go to Canada for the selfish reason that i'm not gonna be there to see them. I was about to migrate Canada last year but backed out on the last minute literally - decided it was too cold. Had i known of their plans to go there, my immigrant visa would've had it's use. :wink: