What is/are your most-listened to Libera song(s)?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

little pinky piglet

Re: What is/are your most-listened to Libera song(s)?

Post by little pinky piglet »

My most favored (which means listened) songs are:
- Lux Aeterna 1999
- Salva Me 1999
- Sanctus 2001
- Mysterium 1999
- Always There 1990
- Mother of God 2008
- Recordare
- Touch The Sky 2010

- etc
(in the order of ecstasy decreasing):
===================

I seldom use headphones to listen music. iPod is evil. :D (for your ears)
peps don't kill me plis
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Ave Maria (Caccini) with Thomas Cully
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Sue wrote:Ave Maria (Caccini) with Thomas Cully
that's mine too! second is Ave Virgo, then Faithful Heart and How Shall I Sing that Majesty. :)
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yes, 'How shall' also is good & I hear some of Thomas Cully's new stuff with male voice.
Julia
Silver Member

Re:

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:

I like how you made that last statement and then in your signature - hey presto, there it is :)

I have no iTunes since I'm a conservative Windows Media Player user who never got used to iTunes but I bet that the entire Peace album would make up my most played songs list :D (Media Player adds stars to frequently played songs but has no individual play count or anything - so all I have to go by is a huge list of songs with either 3 or 4 stars - and I mostly listen to Libera on my - ahem, grampa's getting old - CD player 8))
CD players rock! Thats what I use, too, and I am actually glad that I don't have a ipod or any of that stuff. I'm fourteen, and I don't even have a cellphone :lol: :lol: Yep, I'm weird :P . I find there to be something satisfying in actually useing CD's. It kinda fun to put them in, and be able to have CD's full of songs that you can actually hold :D
Last edited by Julia on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Re:

Post by maartendas »

Julia wrote: CD players rock! Thats what I use, too, and I am actually glad that I don't have a ipad. I'm fourteen, and I don't even have a cellphone :lol: :lol: Yep, I'm weird :P . I find there to be something satisfying in actually useing CD's. It kinda fun to put them in, and be able to have CD's full of songs that you can actually hold :D
I started my listening career with cassettes - I remember when having a walkman was the newest and coolest thing 8) And how you could rewind your cassettes by sticking a pencil in the wheel and spinning them :lol:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Julia wrote: CD players rock! Thats what I use, too, and I am actually glad that I don't have a ipad. I'm fourteen, and I don't even have a cellphone :lol: :lol: Yep, I'm weird :P . I find there to be something satisfying in actually useing CD's. It kinda fun to put them in, and be able to have CD's full of songs that you can actually hold :D
Yay for finding another teen without a cell! :lol:
My most listened to song is Sancte. I made a playlist with 3 Sancte's and about 5 other Libera songs :D ...but then I kept adding more and more other songs so it's not quite that ratio anymore. :P I had originally heard it in the SOP special, but that one's only about 2 minutes long. Imagine my surprise when I listened to Eternal for the first time and Sancte kept going! :lol: I was thrilled!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

maartendas wrote:
I started my listening career with cassettes - I remember when having a walkman was the newest and coolest thing 8) And how you could rewind your cassettes by sticking a pencil in the wheel and spinning them :lol:
I started my listening career with 78's!
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote: I started my listening career with cassettes - I remember when having a walkman was the newest and coolest thing 8) And how you could rewind your cassettes by sticking a pencil in the wheel and spinning them :lol:
I had a tape recorder when I was a little kid,( which wasn't that long ago :lol: :lol: :roll: ) and I can remember doing the pencil thing in order to rewind the cassettes :D
I actually still have all the cassettes. They are such quirky old things! I can also remember getting really frustrated when the tape would tangle, and sometimes break :(
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

My most listened to song is When a Knight with 2977 plays! :mrgreen: after that it goes I Vow to Thee with 2460, How Can I keep from Singing with 2041, Deep Peace with 2039 and Do Not Stand with 2038. Those are my top five :D I'm extremely surprised by the entire list, because none of those are my all time favorites! Of course, I still love these ones, too.
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Julia wrote: I can also remember getting really frustrated when the tape would tangle, and sometimes break :(
I know! That was the worst :lol:
Back on topic though - I have no way of keeping count truthfully because of reasons mentioned earlier, but Ave Maria from Luminosa is currently my favourite Libera track by far. It's the one I often go to first thing when I need my Libera fix ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Probably 'Sanctus' by default. What other libera song as 7 different versions or probably a better way of putting it - variations on a theme of sanctus.

emmaclaire - I don't think I've reached 2,000 listens on my whole libera collection including Youtube viewings, so your doing some serious listening there ;) (actually if I include youtube, yes I probably have slipped over the 2,000 mark, but not from mp3 alone)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

JimmyRiddle wrote: emmaclaire - I don't think I've reached 2,000 listens on my whole libera collection including Youtube viewings, so your doing some serious listening there ;) (actually if I include youtube, yes I probably have slipped over the 2,000 mark, but not from mp3 alone)
My iPod consists of 1019 songs, but I only listen to the 79 in the "Libera" playlist! Ever since last May, its been the majority of what I listen to everyday, close to every hour, but not quite. :D
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
skittles

Post by skittles »

Mine are:
1. Orinoco Flow (it's actually the third most played in my whole library...i went on an Orinoco kick after their PICC 2009 concert and hardly anything's beat it since then! :D)
2. How Can I Keep From Singing
3. Love and Mercy
4. Secret
5. Faithful Heart
6. Adoramus
7. Sanctus
8. Bayan Ko (tbh, i played this for my dad. i love it and all, but if it had been up to me this wouldn't be on.)
9. You Were There
10. I Am the Day

had it not been for Bayan Ko, Going Home would have been up next. :) but that's okay, i do like Bayan Ko. Also, if this had been counting my video plays as well as audio plays, Lullabye would have been uppppp there.
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

According to iTunes:
1. Orinoco Flow
2. Far Away
3. How Can I Keep From Singing
4. Adoramus
5. Be Still My Soul

I really didn't think that would be the list. Orinoco Flow doesn't surprise me, but Adoramus and Be Still My Soul do. I think Eternal Light and Lead Kindly Light will move their way up. I haven't had that CD as long.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.