Favourite song from each album...

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Secret, :D It has a sometihng in it that has my full attention,Josh just sets it off perfectly... :wink: one song, arr come on now mate there can't be just one! Thats impossible.. :P
ooooh! "Josh M."
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

my favourite must be either sanctus, far away, air, or ave maria caccini by tom cully.
but i like all their songs, especially all the ones on New Dawn :D
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

yeah but one, thats like the look on Toms face when he walked into the sweets shop in America!! lol there are just to many!! I think my brain would short out and smoke would be not far behind it!! :lol:
ooooh! "Josh M."
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

joshua

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Joshua wrote:Secret, :D It has a sometihng in it that has my full attention,Josh just sets it off perfectly... :wink: one song, arr come on now mate there can't be just one! Thats impossible.. :P
my favriet song is going home i can josh his smile is so sweet and i love the dvd becues the boys are funny it makes me smile a lot and libera that sings like angels are cool and youtobe has so many of them
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

joshua

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Joshua wrote:yeah but one, thats like the look on Toms face when he walked into the sweets shop in America!! lol there are just to many!! I think my brain would short out and smoke would be not far behind it!! :lol:
when tom sing he feels sad when he sings a song he das it with feelings and josh smile to make hime happy and tom is luck to have this voics i thank god put there voices in them to sing i thank thats whay libera sing so good all the time i dot no what is going to happind to tom and josh but i hope they sing more and more for them to come
John2008

Post by John2008 »

I have thought about which is my favourite song several times, never been able to name a single one since they are all just so awesome. I suppose naming a favourite from each album makes it a little easier.

Visions: My favourite I think has to be Prayer, all the interwoven harmonies and half way through the first verse when just Tom and Ed are singing then they both go off in completely different directions just sounds great.

Luminosa: Tricky one, I think Id have to pick 2 here, Sacris Solemnis and Gaudete. I love the solo part when the boys go REALLY REALLY high "Lucem ad inhabitas" you know the bit I mean? As for Gaudete, the solo at the beginning is heavenly, then it goes into this kind of up-tempo medievil sounding tune.

Libera: Lux Aeterna I think has to be my favourite on that album...I cant put my finger on why exactly, I just love the solo at the beginning, I actually love any solos by any of the boys. I also love Salva Me for its energy and the contrast between it and some of Liberas more laid back songs.

Free: A song of enchantment and Do not stand at my grave and weep have to be two of my favourites, I just love the lyrics on both those songs, and they are both so relaxing and calming.

Angel Voices: Has to be Far Away I think, that or Going Home, I honestly cant decide on this one.

New Dawn: Now this is a tricky one as I have so many. Gloria is awesome, as is Jerusalem, Rest in peace, Never be alone.........I dont know, they are all so great.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Favourite song from each album...

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Quinnsome wrote:Do you have a favourite song from each of Libera's albums? What are they, and why are they favourites?

I know that I could never choose, but does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
going home by josh becues its my favriet and libera is too becues all of them its hard to pick so if i was funny like josh was i pick hime and i like far a way from tom he has a good vicoes i thank
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Got to say, while nothing will ever really replace I Am The Day as my all time favorite song by the boys, Sancte from New Dawn is now a very close 2nd. The song is simply one of the best things I have ever heard. The sheer emotion portrayed in its performance brings me almost to tears everytime I hear it. I can hardly wait until they film a video to go with it. From Liam's solo(one of his best), to the use of the lower voices( Callum and Michael) to the full orchestration with special attention to the french horns( my instrument from high school), to me, this is the best song on the cd.
If I had been editing the cd, Sancte would have been the last song. It is a great finale for a cd.

Maybe it's the musician in me bringing out my emotion on this song, I don't know but I wish there was a way to get my feelings on it to RP. I really would like him to know how much I appreciate it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:Got to say, while nothing will ever really replace I Am The Day as my all time favorite song by the boys, Sancte from New Dawn is now a very close 2nd. The song is simply one of the best things I have ever heard. The sheer emotion portrayed in its performance brings me almost to tears everytime I hear it
Sancte was a really mature-sounding piece--the melody is dramatic and exploits the group's full range--and Liam's solo work in that piece is definitely noteworthy. Out of the whole disc, Sancte probably left the most distinct impression after hearing it for the first time...I hope it stays around and goes through a few more takes.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Going through the list:

Libera- Dies Irae, Sancta, and Beata Lux (and Te Lucis). Dies Irae has a more Medieval feel to it, but being a choir geek, I loved the change in style. Sancta and Beata Lux gave a more New Age feel to the album, which is difficult to do well (which they did). Te Lucis it just a great song and I prefer the Latin to the English version (fron New Dawn) of Tallis' Canon.

Luminosa- Gaudete and Vespera. Gaudete is again an old song which I love (and will be singing with my choir this year, in a similar arrangement), and Vespera is an amazing song featuring Steven and Ben, however what makes the song is the culmination in the bridge.

Free- I Am the Day and Voca Me. I Am the Day people have commented on several times (and I generally agree with them). For Voca Me, it has a mysterious quality to itself, along with counterpoint of two lines which were introduced earlier in the piece.

Visions- Recordare, Something Sings, Sing For Ever. Recordare, much like Voca Me, has a mysterious quality with a musical climax at the end. Something Sings is a beautiful piece focusing more on the lyrics (from the poem 'Music' by Ralph Waldo Emerson). Sing For Ever has apparently been in and out of the choir's repetoire for decades, but it is still one of my favorite pieces: relatively simple but elegant and beautiful.

Angel Voices- mostly a compilation, so I'm not commenting on it

New Dawn- Orinoco Flow, Sancte, and The Lamb. I love the song Orinoco Flow, especially when sung well with a good arrangement, so Libera did it justice in my opinion. Sancte is definitely an amazing piece and as others have said before, shows maturity. The Lamb has harmonizing reminiscent of centuries ago, especially with the resolution to the major key. It is different, and since sung a capella, it is that much harder.

To Libera- Keep Singing!
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Quinnsome wrote:Do you have a favourite song from each of Libera's albums? What are they, and why are they favourites?

I know that I could never choose, but does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
number 1 is from angel voices is libera and number 2 is from new dwan is my the road from tom and number 3 from dvd is going home from josh thats the songs i like jenna
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Sancte is one of my favourites from the CD too. I also would love them to put it too a video. You could certainly tell a story with that epic song.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Quinnsome wrote:... does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
Well, if you want to get right down to the wire... ;)

Sancte...? The more you listen to it, the more powerful and moving it becomes.

Sheesh...probably Locus iste or Luminosa; Luminosa is incredibly beautiful, especially when the melodic line just takes off and soars in the words "shine through the dark". I wish they would give that one just one more go before the membership of the group begins to change...
SADASS

Post by SADASS »

My most favourite songs?
It is heavy to write it.

New Day - Sancte, Love and Mercy, Secret :!:
Libera in concert - Adoramus, I am the Day, Going Home
And in general all album :D :D :D
Angel Voices (2006) - Faraway, Voca Me :!:
Visions - Abide with me :!:
Free - I am the Day, Stay with Me :!:
Luminosa - Sacris Solemnis, Vepera :!: :!: :!:
Libera - Salva Me :!:
About old albums it is heavy to me to speak, it more the classic.
And classics I listen to other choruses.
Therefore I will not write.
Except one song - Angel Voices 2 - Close Every door to Me :!:

These are my most favourite songs from which I not only to crying, but also restore energy. All other this personal. :D
Music is my life.
SADASS

Post by SADASS »

So, why these songs?
New Day:
Sancte - It is sung simply surprisingly.
You at all do not represent, as it is a song well influences the person. I will not speak about workmanship and so on, I will speak about emotions and feelings.
The song takes for soul. You plunge into the surprising world.
Very powerful song.

Love and Mercy -The song is sung with such softness........
And as Joshua it has sung, it something.
I will write an image which I see from this song
I do not know. As you will understand. At me with English badly + still the translator I use =))
So an image:

"You come home, and to you on a meeting the small lump runs. A small, white and fluffy kitten.
Runs with joyful eyes, places stumbles about the feet, places goes as a bear, from a foot on a foot.
You a looking as it run.
In a head about yourself you say, that he simply wishes to eat or drink, because all the day was without meal. And actually heart and soul you know or you feel, that it has simply become bored of you because did not see you. And you even probably would like to cry from it.
Has simply become bored and that it is mutual. "

Libera in concert:
Adoramus - Surprising song, cheerful.
Here simply I cry. Simply I cry both all. And it is pleasant to me :D
I am the Day - I do not have words.
Such powerful and simultaneously deep song. Which scolds through.
Here Joshua has sung it simply at mega height.
And how many energy goes from this song!!!
I listen to it of more year and she does not bother me.
This songs treats my soul.
Going Home - Here too Joshua at height.
In his performance I liked this song.
He with such ease sings a song.
Ben too the good fellow.
Calming song. Which helps me for conservation of energy.
In a word this song - softness.
Music is my life.