Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Sue wrote:I think we shouldn't underestimate the Libera Organization, they definitely know that there is the possibility that fans record their concerts (or parts of it). The prohibition in every concert program is a sign that they know this in every case.

Most of all Libera-Informations (videos, too) are researched & published by Fans. We have to think about what would be left if all of this informations would be forbidden & blocked by UMG.
I am not sure people do. At the concerts in Churchs you are packed in together so i dont see how you could get away with recording them.

The only other case i have come across was in Calfornia when they did a concert there. Somebody recorded audios. Again i will admit i am guilty of having them on my iphone as Sakura was never released. If they had released an MP3 i would of indeed brought it but that option was not open to me.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:
Murkskis wrote:Some fans already posted 'Thank you' below that YT video
I'm not so sure about doing so...
I would say- I will post 'Thank you' there only after Libera :wink:
But there are 1000's of fans who did not go to the concert so of course they will thank the person. Morals tend to go out of the window for something like this. People are getting what they want so they are thankful. I can understand both sides of the coin. A lot of fans would take the view on " well they wont give us a live cd so this is what it comes to" . Its not right but fans tend not to care about the rights and wrongs. Hence downloading illegally and so on in the music industry. People know its wrong but ultimately still do it.
Of course they do, because we all are humans.
But where I heard this:
''Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be''
As you see we are approaching philosophy :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:I'm guilty of 2 photo's, but I will never post or release them, I done it as a small sentiment of being at there concert. I know its not right, but it was difficult not to do. I can understand some fans doing it for a personal souvenir, but releasing it on youtube is just so wrong.
See this sums it up. People know things are wrong but are still guilty of breaking the rules set out. Right and wrong seem to go out of the window for stuff like this.

I wonder how many people would admit to taking a few photo's. I could see 10 cameras on the first 2 rows alone, one German fan was blatantly recording video
I noticed a ton of flashes go off as it ended but i was too busy clapping. There is clearly a reason why Libera have stopped letting you take photos so i am obaying the rules.

In a sense i can understand why as if i had a 8 year old son i would not want his image plasted all over the net . Its a very fine line.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:
Sue wrote:I think we shouldn't underestimate the Libera Organization, they definitely know that there is the possibility that fans record their concerts (or parts of it). The prohibition in every concert program is a sign that they know this in every case.

Most of all Libera-Informations (videos, too) are researched & published by Fans. We have to think about what would be left if all of this informations would be forbidden & blocked by UMG.
I am not sure people do. At the concerts in Churchs you are packed in together so i dont see how you could get away with recording them.

The only other case i have come across was in Calfornia when they did a concert there. Somebody recorded audios. Again i will admit i am guilty of having them on my iphone as Sakura was never released. If they had released an MP3 i would of indeed brought it but that option was not open to me.
Even yourself is guilty of a breach of Libera's copyright, by having illegal material.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
Even yourself is guilty of a breach of Libera's copyright, by having illegal material.
Yep and i have admitted as such. And to be fair in this case i dont feel guilty as they did not release the song for commercial release. I have not stopped them earning any money off the song as you cant buy it. So i have cost them nothing.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Yep and i have admitted as such. And to be fair in this case i dont feel guilty as they did not release the song for commercial release. I have not stopped them earning any money off the song as you cant buy it. So i have cost them nothing.
I feel the same with the two picture's, I turned off the flash when I took them, and I will NOT be posting to a blog or any website. It was more for the purpose of showing family members who could not be at the concert, the Libera experience.

So although It may be wrong, it is trivial and will have no impact whatsoever on Libera, I will certainly think twice next time, as it is obviously a very touchy subject, and the last think I want to do, is start upsetting people over a couple of trivial pics.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The problem here is that we are rapidly at risk of the situation spinning out of control.

I have just read F_D_L's concert reports over on the French forum and he describes a couple of instances of inappropriate fan behaviour. Coupled with events at last years Autumn concerts, we are in danger of killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

The more we (fans) act in these ways the harder it will become for all of us. Something stopped the photo op's at UK concerts - it doesn't take much imagination to think why.

These are children not pop stars. They are part of a charity that makes religious/classical music and yet it is rapidly approaching the type of circus that surrounds celebrities.

I felt guilty for bumping in to Kavana at museum. After a quick double take I moved on and left him be. I'm beginning think some people would have actually approached him - and that is scary.

I assume you have all emailed Libera to tell them about this video?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:The problem here is that we are rapidly at risk of the situation spinning out of control.

I have just read F_D_L's concert reports over on the French forum and he describes a couple of instances of inappropriate fan behaviour. Coupled with events at last years Autumn concerts, we are in danger of killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

The more we (fans) act in these ways the harder it will become for all of us. Something stopped the photo op's at UK concerts - it doesn't take much imagination to think why.

These are children not pop stars. They are part of a charity that makes religious/classical music and yet it is rapidly approaching the type of circus that surrounds celebrities.

I felt guilty for bumping in to Kavana at museum. After a quick double take I moved on and left him be. I'm beginning think some people would have actually approached him - and that is scary.

I assume you have all emailed Libera to tell them about this video?
To be honest, although my two photo's will have no impact directly on Libera, I do feel a little guilty about taking them, as however minor it was a breach of there trust

On the subject of fans acting inappropriately, one German fan comes to mind, a creepy guy who was approaching the Libera boys, as the got of the bus and entered the playhouse.
Last edited by paul on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:rapidly approaching the type of circus that surrounds celebrities.
Hmm, I think we have 'arrived there' already a few years ago :lol: :lol:
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

Honestly, I think it's useless posting warnings on this website. I don't think "crazy, inappropriate fans" are on here. Perhaps it would be better to approach such fans in person next time and explain why they need to calm down a bit.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:The problem here is that we are rapidly at risk of the situation spinning out of control.

?
Which is my fear. I have always spoken out on the fact i feel like we get a rough ride with Libera over here and for the few oddballs we all get tarred with the same brush. No autograph sessions and as of October no photos allowed
( and justifiably so) and then we get a night like tonight and to me it just proves Libera right. We as a fan base cant be trusted. Simple rules are laid out and completely ignored and not only are they ignored , people post on youtube about the rule breaking for all the world to see.

Team Libera wont care its one person, it reflects on everybody at that concert.
Its a sad state that they can go abroad to Japan and dont have these problems cropping up.
Its no wonder we only get a few concerts a year if this is what follows.
Last edited by dani on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

little-miss-sunshine wrote:Honestly, I think it's useless posting warnings on this website. I don't think "crazy, inappropriate fans" are on here. Perhaps it would be better to approach such fans in person next time and explain why they need to calm down a bit.
Good point. I think most (if not all) members on this forum are very aware of Libera rules by now whether individuals made similar mistake in the past or not.

It will be better if we directly communicate with this guy on Youtube. I think his intention of putting this video was to share with other people who weren't there to show how great it was.

I think there's a good chance he will take down this video if he sees more comments and thumb-downs from other Libera fans.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:

?
Which is my fear. I have always spoken out on the fact i feel like we get a rough ride with Libera over here and for the few oddballs we all get tarred with the same brush. No autograph sessions and as of October no photos allowed ( and justifiably so) and then we get a night like tonight and to me it just proves Libera right. We as a fan base cant be trusted. Simple rules are
laid out and completely ignored and not only are they ignored , people post on youtube about the rule breaking for all the world to see.

Its a sad state that they can go abroad to Japan and dont have these problems coming up.
To be perfectly honest with myself, I 100% agree with what you say, I'm just guilty of being overwhelmed by the pure brilliance of Fridays concert, and wanting to take home memorabilia of my experience at my second Libera concert.

But some of the comments here have certainly hit home about the importance of following the rules and I will not do that again. we as British fans should be role models of how other fans should conduct themselves.

- Plato
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

During the concert I saw members of staff making signs at some people who were filming of taking pictures. In Belgium before a musical or a big concert a speaker always says that it is forbidden to make recordings. I don't remember if they said it in Epsom? Maybe they should always announce it before the concert and not only printing it in the brochure.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
dani wrote:

?
Which is my fear. I have always spoken out on the fact i feel like we get a rough ride with Libera over here and for the few oddballs we all get tarred with the same brush. No autograph sessions and as of October no photos allowed ( and justifiably so) and then we get a night like tonight and to me it just proves Libera right. We as a fan base cant be trusted. Simple rules are
laid out and completely ignored and not only are they ignored , people post on youtube about the rule breaking for all the world to see.

Its a sad state that they can go abroad to Japan and dont have these problems coming up.
To be perfectly honest with myself, I 100% agree with what you say, I'm just guilty of being overwhelmed by the pure brilliance of Fridays concert, and wanting to take home memorabilia of my experience at my second Libera concert.

But some of the comments here have certainly hit home about the importance of following the rules and I will not do that again. we as British fans should be role models of how other fans should conduct themselves.
Paul i want to make clear im not just picking on you :) . I said the same thing last night when i saw a few photos crop up on sites. Its all a breach of trust. And hell at least you admitted it. Most people would not.