Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Colin wrote:During the concert I saw members of staff making signs at some people who were filming of taking pictures. In Belgium before a musical or a big concert a speaker always says that it is forbidden to make recordings. I don't remember if they said it in Epsom? Maybe they should always announce it before the concert and not only printing it in the brochure.
Yes, I think they should announce it before each and every show.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

The video is private now. Yay.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Colin wrote:During the concert I saw members of staff making signs at some people who were filming of taking pictures. In Belgium before a musical or a big concert a speaker always says that it is forbidden to make recordings. I don't remember if they said it in Epsom? Maybe they should always announce it before the concert and not only printing it in the brochure.
I am sure there was a message on the projector before the concert started. Besides people are not stupid. It does not take Albert Einstein to know you dont record concerts. Its not a new law!
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

dani wrote:
I am sure there was a message on the projector before the concert started. Besides people are not stupid. It does not take Albert Einstein to know you dont record concerts. Its not a new law!
Yes, it's not a new law but some things are just constantly reminded since people tend to overlook. For example, "Don't drink and drive." It doesn't hurt Libera to drop a friendly reminder before a concert.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I did notice several camera flashes going off, during the few split seconds I took my eyes off the stage to look behind me, and that really bothered me.. I'll admit to taking one of the stage before it started, but I felt so guilty that I deleted it after the concert.
I think either YouTube or the person who posted the video needs to delete it right now... it's just not right.. as Dani said, it's clearly stated in the program!
(Although, in the video you can see Mini Ben looking in my direction, and I really wish I couldv'e taken a picture then, since he was lookin at me.. But I swear I didn't.)

When I was talking with a few of the boys outside, I asked if I could take their picture before I did, and same for when I met Tom. If they had said no, I wouldn't have, and Libera had said no to video taping and pictures during the concert so no one should have.

Just arrived home from the airport, so sad to have left London.. hopefully another concert will bring me back soon!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paul30003 wrote:we as British fans should be role models of how other fans should conduct themselves.
I don't think it's the UK fans that are the problem, but it's the UK concerts that have the tight restrictions and enforcements in place on taking photo's for a few minutes at the end of the concert.

Somebody care to point out the difference between photo's of meet and greets held overseas being plastered all over the internet to ones taken at a UK concert?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dearmadine wrote:The video is private now. Yay.
But how many people have ripped it already?

Its now in the public domain and theres nothing that can be done about it :(
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paul30003 wrote:

At least he didn't post the whole concert, I'm sure that was his initial intention. Forums like this and I think he's posted on the french forum before may have helped to change his mind on that score.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
paul30003 wrote:

At least he didn't post the whole concert, I'm sure that was his initial intention. Forums like this and I think he's posted on the french forum before may have helped to change his mind on that score.
He could still upload it but just not use Youtube. For anybody telling him to take it down im betting there have been a lot saying upload the rest.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
paul30003 wrote:we as British fans should be role models of how other fans should conduct themselves.
I don't think it's the UK fans that are the problem, but it's the UK concerts that have the tight restrictions and enforcements in place on taking photo's for a few minutes at the end of the concert.

Somebody care to point out the difference between photo's of meet and greets held overseas being plastered all over the internet to ones taken at a UK concert?
I would if I could. I tend to view the restriction in one of two ways depending on what mood I'm in:

1} it is punishment for the type of crap we are discussing on this thread.

2} it is an attempt to keep things as normal as possible for the boys at home.

I'm guilty myself of acting daft - I mean queuing up for 6 hours is madness. But it wouldn't be as much of a problem if people knew how to queue and didn't sprint down the church aisle like they were going for gold in the Olympic 100 metres!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

I'm so glad the video is private! I don't think THAT many people saw it, thankfully. But you never know...

I, too, think there should be an announcement. Musicals I've been too have someone going up and down the rows shouting at people who have cameras out that recordings of any kind are forbidden.

I think that photos at meet and greets are okay, or if the boys allow you to take pictures of them outside of the concert facility, it's okay. Otherwise, it shouldn't be posted.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

little-miss-sunshine wrote:I'm so glad the video is private! I don't think THAT many people saw it, thankfully. But you never know...

I, too, think there should be an announcement. Musicals I've been too have someone going up and down the rows shouting at people who have cameras out that recordings of any kind are forbidden.

I think that photos at meet and greets are okay, or if the boys allow you to take pictures of them outside of the concert facility, it's okay. Otherwise, it shouldn't be posted.

You had this trust me as i saw a few people working there going up and down and telling them not to.

Lets not blame Libera or the staff at Epsom. This is not there fault in any way shape or form. People need to take responsibility for there own actions.

Another down side of this country is the " blame culture"

The only people to blame are the people who broke the rules.
Last edited by dani on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

dani wrote:
little-miss-sunshine wrote:I'm so glad the video is private! I don't think THAT many people saw it, thankfully. But you never know...

You had this trust me as i saw a few people working there going up and down and telling them not to.

Lets blame Libera or the staff at Epsom. This is not there fault in any way shape or form. People need to tak responsablity for there own actions.

Another down side of this country is the " blame culture"

The only people to blame are the people who broke the rules.
Oh, I'm not blaming the staff or anything...I'm just hoping, maybe a little naively, that the people taking the pictures didn't realize the damage they are doing and how serious it is.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Well there has been a lot of negative discussion on this issue. On a more positive note! I look forward to the meet and greet photo and signing sessions in Canada, I will be able to take some memories home with me, and share a few with those on here who won't be able to make the concerts. Watch this space!
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:Well there has been a lot of negative discustion on this issue. On a more positive note! I look forward to the meet and greet photo and signing sessions in Canada, I will be able to take some memories home with me, and share a few with those on here who won't be able to make the concerts. Watch this space!
Yes lucky buggers that get to experience that. Oh well i have given my programme to viabuona so fingers crossed he can get it signed by some of the boys as i will never get that in the u.k and would be a nice reminder of the Epsom concert.