Peace Deluxe, CD + DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Where do I go to reserve a copy?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

jesuspeace34 wrote:Where do I go to reserve a copy?
Here: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3896000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are worries about DVD 'region'. It might be 'region 2' (suitable for Japan and Europe). If you are going to play it on multizone DVD player, then it's not a problem. But if you are gonna to use your PC to access it, then I suggest to wait until the DVD is available in US or you will need additional software to access the DVD :wink:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Hmm... Interesting.

"Silent Night" is probably the Leiden one as well with Tom Cully. Does this mean they didn't record a video for "Ave Virgo"? Ugh... Hehehe...

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Love this.

"Eternal Light" could even be "Far Away"...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:Hmm... Interesting.

"Silent Night" is probably the Leiden one as well with Tom Cully. Does this mean they didn't record a video for "Ave Virgo"? Ugh... Hehehe...

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Love this.

"Eternal Light" could even be "Far Away"...
I honestly dont see how they will be able to justify having leiden stuff on this dvd. For once i will be totally postive and will keep the faith they are new performances.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

"Silent Night" was recorded in Leiden, but was never part of the DVD, not even as a bonus track. Plus... it was just perfect!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:"Silent Night" was recorded in Leiden, but was never part of the DVD, not even as a bonus track. Plus... it was just perfect!
Yes with a bunch of boys who are no longer with the group or voices have broken. The choir has moved on from 2007. And im sure it aired in the u,s on that pbs station.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

I'm sure EMI or whoever is in charge of Libera's dvd and cds can do better than this. Something better than what fans can easily do just by ripping off from hundreds of Libera youtube links out there.
Otherwise it's a bummer.

Recycling from the Leiden video? That 2007 dvd can already be considered Jurassic (although Josh & Ben's Going Home duet is Timeless). Kavana & Ralph aren't even there yet!

Surely Libera fans deserve better than this. A real new dvd is so long overdue.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Benj wrote:I'm sure EMI or whoever is in charge of Libera's dvd and cds can do better than this. Something better than what fans can easily do just by ripping off from hundreds of Libera youtube links out there.
Otherwise it's a bummer.

Recycling from the Leiden video? That 2007 dvd can already be considered Jurassic (although Josh & Ben's Going Home duet is Timeless). Kavana & Ralph aren't even there yet!

Surely Libera fans deserve better than this. A real new dvd is so long overdue.

100% agree and thats why until i see proof i will keep postive about the videos.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't expect too much, to avoid disappointment at arrival ;)

In St Louis we have asked MR. Philipp about possible new videos coming.
His answer was not an abrupt "no" but it was mainly negative with argument that producing a video in studio is very expensive.

This could let almost no hope for us, but Mr. Philipp seams to be very used with diplomatic wording, the art of saying things that can always be true whatever will occurs in futur :)

Are EMI or Libera having enough money to spend, to create new videos ?
EMI have had financial problems in early 2010 and Libera is a charity that just spend tens of thousand dollars for the USA tour.
So we can be afraid that no new video would have been produced specially for a limited edition DVD.

But, on other side we already know that a least one new video will be present on the DVD :
1.Time                <---- known
2.Deep Peace    <---- known
3.Lullaby            <----- for sure new
4.Going Home    <---- ? (Leiden ? Recent concert ? New studio video ?)
5.Libera             <---- ? (Leiden ? Recent concert ? New studio video ?)

In nine weeks we will know ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Don't expect too much, to avoid disappointment at arrival ;)

In St Louis we have asked MR. Philipp about possible new videos coming.
His answer was not an abrupt "no" but it was mainly negative with argument that producing a video in studio is very expensive.

This could let almost no hope for us, but Mr. Philipp seams to be very used with diplomatic wording, the art of saying things that can always be true whatever will occurs in futur :)

Are EMI or Libera having enough money to spend, to create new videos ?
EMI have had financial problems in early 2010 and Libera is a charity that just spend tens of thousand dollars for the USA tour.
So we can be afraid that no new video would have been produced specially for a limited edition DVD.

But, on other side we already know that a least one new video will be present on the DVD :
1.Time                <---- known
2.Deep Peace    <---- known
3.Lullaby            <----- for sure new
4.Going Home    <---- ? (Leiden ? Recent concert ? New studio video ?)
5.Libera             <---- ? (Leiden ? Recent concert ? New studio video ?)

In nine weeks we will know ;)

We will know a lot sooner than 9 weeks as the CD,dvd details will be released before then. And if its Leiden i will actually complain as its totally pointless as 99% of fans have the dvd and also most of the boys have left or are back row apart from Jakob and Alex.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I'm not even sure if this deluxe edition will even be released in the Philippines. But I don't mind owning previously unreleased videos, even old ones. For example, what are the chances that one of those "new" tracks is of a previously unreleased song with Ed Day as the soloist? It could be slim, but I wouldn't mind it at all.
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Well i somehow knew that this release is going to end up following the usual Special Edition protocol.

I dunno i guess i'll have to pass on this one, at least with the New Dawn PH edition i didn't have the original New Dawn so it didn't feel weird to buy.
Last edited by Moppi on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Have a first sight on the cover of that "Deluxe Edition" of Peace ! :D

The label is barely readable, here what I can see :
LIMITED EDITION
DELUXE PACKAGE
FEATURES

Peace
With 5 Bonus Tracks

Lullaby
(Goodnight, My Angel)
Going Home
Eternal Light
Have yourself a Merry
Little Christmas
Silent Night

DVD With
7 Libera Videos

Including the new video
Lullaby

18-month desk
calendar

Fold-out Libera Poster

A Behind-the-Scenes
feature*** (?)
This answers to the question about the videos :
Only "Lullaby" is described as new.
So by opposition "Going Home" and "Libera" are not new videos, so it's Leiden videos ;)

All the label is written in English, so the song "Eternal Light" can't be a bad Google translation of Far Away. I still think it's simply the English transation of "Lux Aeterna".
But is that new name the only novelty on that song ? Why have changed the Title ? Have they changes the latin words to English ?
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Have a first sight on the cover of that "Deluxe Edition" of Peace ! :D

Thanks. You should be a detective :p
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Murkskis wrote:
jesuspeace34 wrote:Where do I go to reserve a copy?
Here: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3896000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are worries about DVD 'region'. It might be 'region 2' (suitable for Japan and Europe). If you are going to play it on multizone DVD player, then it's not a problem. But if you are gonna to use your PC to access it, then I suggest to wait until the DVD is available in US or you will need additional software to access the DVD :wink:
Thanks. I hope that the U.S. version isn't different then this version, cause this version seems to have some cool things.