Film Music Festival in Krakow, Poland

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:Wow such amazing news and i love Lord of the rings i have all the soundtracks to the movies. Clearly a very talented kid.
I wonder if Stefan is an LOTR fan. I know his participation there on its own is wonderful enough, but if I had the same chance, being an LOTR fan, that would be the utmost thrill.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

carina_gino20 wrote:
dani wrote:Wow such amazing news and i love Lord of the rings i have all the soundtracks to the movies. Clearly a very talented kid.
I wonder if Stefan is an LOTR fan. I know his participation there on its own is wonderful enough, but if I had the same chance, being an LOTR fan, that would be the utmost thrill.
Even if he is not now, i am sure in the future he will be.
mqeric

Post by mqeric »

Now that's one hell of a surprise and delight for me, I am a huge fan of LoTR and Howard Shore's work for the movies, I have all 3 regular soundtrack CDs and 3 Limited edition leather cover soundtracks :P

Great to hear Stefan could take part in these live concerts, must be such a blast!

My head is filled with the vision of Stefan singing 'In Dreams' and 'March of the Ents' now!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

You also might want to check this out:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Especially 0.31 - 0.42 - chills in no time ... 8)

And: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bit off topic because you can't see Stefan there. But if you like LoTR, this is something nice :) A lot of beautiful music around this event.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

It's awesome that Stefan took part in this film music festival :D. As a fellow enthusiast of film music, it's nice to see young people appreciating the beauty of this music. I'm also glad there are those recognizing the talent of these boys in Libera (like Preisner did with Tom in Silence...). A producer whom I work with went to this festival in Poland! Now I will have to ask what he thought of Stefan's performance :)
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

When was this music festival?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Nikki178 wrote:When was this music festival?
The web says Film Music festival took place from 20 to 22 May 2010 on Krakow’s Błonia field.
You might want to check out the website :
http://www.fmf.fm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

At first I thought he was the one who sang in the movie soundtrack. But then I realized, Stefan would have been only 5 or 6 years old. :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Nikki178 wrote:At first I thought he was the one who sang in the movie soundtrack. But then I realized, Stefan would have been only 5 or 6 years old. :wink:
He'd have been even younger than that. Even though the movies were released in sequence in 2001, 2002 and 2003 I believe the last two were filmed simultaneously, so the filming of the last picture would have taken place probably in 2001 to 2002.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

TullyBascombe wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:At first I thought he was the one who sang in the movie soundtrack. But then I realized, Stefan would have been only 5 or 6 years old. :wink:
He'd have been even younger than that. Even though the movies were released in sequence in 2001, 2002 and 2003 I believe the last two were filmed simultaneously, so the filming of the last picture would have taken place probably in 2001 to 2002.
All three movies were filmed at the same time. :D But you're right... I didn't think of the production time. Haha. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Links to these videos were posted on Yahoo group by paracletelux

You can see Stefan in his smart tuxedo singing at 0:32

and at 2:10

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Links to these videos were posted on Yahoo group by paracletelux

You can see Stefan in his smart tuxedo singing at 0:32

and at 2:10

I saw these vids and I wasn't paying attention so I missed him. Thanks! His voice is magical; perfect for this piece.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

You can also see Stefan singing here at 2:46 :-)

katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

i think that there also is a connection between Howard Shore and Libera, as they collaborated on the Hannibal sountrack. the boys can be heard in several tracks. so he knew about them, and knew he could get the right sound!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I believe the parts he's singing were originally sung by some boys from the London Oratoria Schola. There used to be a video of them onn You Tub e, but I think it was taken down.