Favorite Brothers in Libera

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Are Luke and Jude Collins brothers? Wow, that makes five pairs of brothers in Libera as of the Arundel concert. Can't wait to have them back here. :)
Benj
Silver Member

brothers

Post by Benj »

Jude Andrew wrote:
irishoreo wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:going back a bit now but there were also the Robson's, Winter's and Baron's.

Chris Robson had a brother?
ya know... I was 99% sure ... until you asked the question :oops: I must have mixed him up with someone else but not sure who?? either that or I am gone barking....
May i also ask about when the Winter brothers were members? Was it before they were called Libera?

If this thread were a vote, I'm pretty sure the Madine brothers (once confirmed) would shoot right up on top by the sheer popularity of Josh alone. Josh's coming graduation from Libera leaves a huge void so the presentation of Matthew easily became the hottest news to come out of Arundel.
TEB
Gold Member

Re: brothers

Post by TEB »

Benj wrote: If this thread were a vote, I'm pretty sure the Madine brothers (once confirmed) would shoot right up on top by the sheer popularity of Josh alone. .
Confirmed. Matthew is Josh's brother.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Benj wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:
irishoreo wrote:

Chris Robson had a brother?
ya know... I was 99% sure ... until you asked the question :oops: I must have mixed him up with someone else but not sure who?? either that or I am gone barking....
May i also ask about when the Winter brothers were members? Was it before they were called Libera?

If this thread were a vote, I'm pretty sure the Madine brothers (once confirmed) would shoot right up on top by the sheer popularity of Josh alone. Josh's coming graduation from Libera leaves a huge void so the presentation of Matthew easily became the hottest news to come out of Arundel.
Hi Benj - I am not sure of the exact years but I would suspect they were there in the 80's. Long before 'Libera' existed under that name.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

TEB wrote:
Benj wrote: If this thread were a vote, I'm pretty sure the Madine brothers (once confirmed) would shoot right up on top by the sheer popularity of Josh alone. .
Confirmed. Matthew is Josh's brother.
Saweeeeeet
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thanks for the confirmations TEB and Jude.

Libera is now more interesting than ever. But what a rich history!
20 to 30 years from now however, i still bet the names Mike Horncastle, Tom Cully, Josh Madine, Ben Philipp. Liam Connery and Ed Day will still stand out prominently among the top 10 best ever.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Really, we don't know much about the little brothers. I guess I've seen Sere Akpobome on a picture from Arundel performance and I think Sere has toooo few hair :lol: Can anybody tell his parents that they shouldn't cut Sere a half bald head? :lol: :twisted: :D (joke)
But for all that, anyway, for me its the Akpobome-brothers.
Sue
Silver Member

Re: Favorite Brothers in Libera

Post by Sue »

I created a little collage with some of the brothers. Sorry about advertising sites which opens :(

Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Nice poster Sue! Thanks! Was that Luke's brother also in there?
chris17

Post by chris17 »

For anyone who's interested, Aled Jones' CD "Aled", from 2002 (I think), lists all of the Libera members who sang on the CD (which is kind of funny, since the actual Libera CD's from that time don't list every member). Some of the former members were singing as well - the booklet first lists Libera (Boys Choir) and then Libera (Mens Choir).

There aren't any pictures of any of them, but some of the names are: (boys) James Vereycken, Sam Vereycken, Matthew Winter, and (men) Clive Winter, Andrew Winter, and Ron Winter. Of course I don't know if they are all actually brothers, but it seems likely that they would be related anyway. (I can post a complete list of members also, if anyone is interested, but those are the only brothers/related people that I see.)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

chris17 wrote:(I can post a complete list of members also, if anyone is interested, but those are the only brothers/related people that I see.)
could you please? :)
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Sure. :D

Libera (Boys Choir) - Anthony Chadney, Sam Coates, Ben Crawley, Thomas Cully, Steven Geraghty, Alasdair Gordon, Michael Horncastle, Matthew Horsewood, Simon Lewis, Raoul Neumann, Robert Ogilvie, Callum Payne, Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Jake Shortall, George Tarlton, James Vereycken, Sam Vereycken, Matthew Winter, Nathaniel Webb

Libera (Mens Choir) - Alex Baron, Simon Beston, Rodney Gibson, Ian Grimley, Norman Hughes, Liam O'Kane, Grant Smith, Howard Thomas, Clive Winter, Andrew Winter, Ron Winter

There was also another mens' choir (the Llanelli Male Choir) that performed, but it doesn't specify which songs were performed by which choir. A few of the Libera boys also had solo parts in some of the songs. (For more info on that, go here: http://www.boysoloist.com/artist.asp?vid=58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page, to the "Recordings after Voice Change" section)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Thanks! :)
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

'brother-thread' on german board
http://www.libera-welt.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:11 am">12 years ago</span> Sure. :D

Libera (Boys Choir) - Anthony Chadney, Sam Coates, Ben Crawley, Thomas Cully, Steven Geraghty, Alasdair Gordon, Michael Horncastle, Matthew Horsewood, Simon Lewis, Raoul Neumann, Robert Ogilvie, Callum Payne, Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson, Joseph Sanders-Wilde, Jake Shortall, George Tarlton, James Vereycken, Sam Vereycken, Matthew Winter, Nathaniel Webb

Libera (Mens Choir) - Alex Baron, Simon Beston, Rodney Gibson, Ian Grimley, Norman Hughes, Liam O'Kane, Grant Smith, Howard Thomas, Clive Winter, Andrew Winter, Ron Winter

There was also another mens' choir (the Llanelli Male Choir) that performed, but it doesn't specify which songs were performed by which choir. A few of the Libera boys also had solo parts in some of the songs. (For more info on that, go here: http://www.boysoloist.com/artist.asp?vid=58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page, to the "Recordings after Voice Change" section)
The link is currently down, anyone remembers the info?